Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2021, 01:11 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Welcome to our Campfire..Pull up a stump and sit a spell

Water pressure regulator (Buy a GOOD ONE with gauge) Instead of just a "Surge Protector, go with a "full meal deal" EMS ..I suggest one from Progressive Industries.. Single ply/RV TP.... a collapsible ladder and last.. a Tube or Three of Dicor Sealant..Go over all the Roof seams before leaving the driveway..
Forget there RV toilet paper it's a waste of money. Charmin Extra Soft or Angel Soft will work just fine and haven't had an issue in over 15 years of using the normal stuff. Do not, repeat, do not use extra strong TP because that will cause problems.

The first thing required is a good, the best you can get, cash back credit card. It is amazing how much you are going to spend on the new toy.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:18 PM   #22

Brand: DRV
Model: 2010 MS 38TKSB3
State: Oklahoma
THOR #3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by petef View Post
Tell us the Foretravel is worse then the Thor. SOB??

I'll try to be polite here. I think "SOB" stands for "Some Other Brand."

Definitely a Progressive Industries 50-amp power protection system, provided that your RV is 50-amp. (Ours is hard wired in to prevent someone stealing it. We stay long term in most cases and one place had bad electrical supply, which we think is what "broke" our washing machine timer a time or two.)

Multitester for checking of electrical things in the RV, including outlets.

Milton air pressure gauge tester with "dual-head."

Long battery jumper cables.

Terry
Terry and Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 05:23 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
On long trips I take our portable twin tub washer/spin dryer to was clothes. Saves on quarters and laundry mats. Down side it must be smaller loads. I store it in the shower when not in use/on the road. Works great. Bought it on Amazon.
Paul
Like this one?
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1617038575
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Washer-Dryer for RV.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	29466  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 12:03 AM   #24

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
On long trips I take our portable twin tub washer/spin dryer to was clothes. Saves on quarters and laundry mats. Down side it must be smaller loads. I store it in the shower when not in use/on the road. Works great. Bought it on Amazon.

Paul
Ding Ding we got a winner... chicken dinner Paul.

I have never heard of this. Tell us more, which one and how does it really work.

* How do you get water in it? Bucket by bucket
* How or where does water drain, does it take up space in your gray etc.
* I assume it does not dry; so where do the wet clothes go
* What is watt usage and how long does it take to run 30min 1 hr, 2 hr etc?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 12:06 AM   #25

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Bob,

Do you have that model and or maybe a link?

I was just thinking.. I don't think you have bought me anything this year and what a great 2 year gift this would make
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 03-30-2021, 12:09 AM   #26

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Amazon and yes it drys
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 12:41 PM   #27

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
The twin tub washer spin dryer that I have is exactly like the one Bob showed in his post. They really wash very well(small loads). The spin dryer does remove a lot of water and you still have to hang them for a short period to dry. I use a biodegradable laundry soap. It only takes about a tablespoon of liquid soap per load. I leave the machine in the bathroom next to the shower and use the removable shower head to fill the washer with clean water. You can wash 2 pairs of jeans at one time or 6 pairs of socks and a couple of t-shirts per load. It has a timer for the wash cycle and a timer for the dry cycle. It uses a couple of gallons for the wash/rinse. Wash them and then turn the dial to drain the wash water out. I put the drain hose in the shower. Refill the washer tub with clean water and run a cycle to rinse the clothes and drain again. Put the clothes in the spin dryer. There is a plastic top piece that you put in the dryer on top of the wet clothes to keep them inside the spin dryer. Leave the washer switch in the drain position and close the lid and turn on the spin dryer. It spins very fast to spin out as much of the water as possible. It too uses the same drain line to drain the water. I added a shower curtain rod inside my shower above the shower door so I could hang dry the clothes once the spin cycle stops. You can use the machine outside in the campground as long as you have electricity and a way to drain the water. They run about $100-200 per machine. If you buy one, buy the twin tub machine and not the single tub(dual cycle). They are light weight(plastic). They are about 3 feet in height. There are several models online to see. There are a couple of Youtube videos out there to see how they work. The wash cycle has about a 15 minute cycle/timer and the spin dryer cycle has a 5 minute cycle/timer. It plugs directly into a 110 three prong household electrical outlet. The picture Bob displayed shows the 3 dials. The left dial is the wash/rinse cycle dial/timer. The middle one allows you to select soft wash or regular wash(hold the water in the tub) or drain (release the water to the drain hose) and the right knob is the spin dryer knob/timer.

Works great for us on long trips. No quarters or laundry mats. I have bought two in the last few years. One I used for a year and then I gave it to my friend's son who moved into an apartment and needed a washing machine. I then bought a replacement machine which we currently have in our coach.

Paul
Old 03-30-2021, 04:57 PM   #28
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Amazon and yes it dries
Well... it does a decent job of "spin drying"...
There's no heat involved: just the spinning.
Old 03-30-2021, 04:59 PM   #29
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Bob,

Do you have that model and or maybe a link?

I was just thinking.. I don't think you have bought me anything this year and what a great 2 year gift this would make

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Vers...123508&sr=8-10

This is the new and improved model...
Old 03-31-2021, 01:50 PM   #30

Model: Majestic 23A
State: Missouri
THOR #20977
I purchased a former rental unit that didn't have a back up camera, so that was my first major purchase.
Old 03-31-2021, 02:29 PM   #31

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
This is what I have bought and done to my new Axis in anticipation of a week long trip to NC in a few weeks:

We already had bedding, pots and pans, propane grill, power cable adapters, water thief, etc from our former T/T.

Bought dump hose, water hoses, small DC compressor for tires.

Bought a new spare tire and rim. Still debating how to mount it.

Bought a couple of very heavy duty leveling ramps. Already had a couple of smaller ramps. Will have to see how that works. If not I will install Bigfoot levelers.

Installed a Tymate TPMS.

Upgraded the batteries to two 100 Ah AGMs. We do mostly dry camping and need the extra capacity.

Installed a simple shunt based battery monitor to see how many amp hours I am using.

All of this was installed DIY but still wasn't cheap. I probably have almost $1000 in parts invested, but not so much given the MH was $85,000.

David
Old 03-31-2021, 08:31 PM   #32

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
FWIW we used a portable washer like above a couple of times and then sold it. Took up too much room and the loads were very small. Decided we’d rather stay at a nice park every once in a while and just use the commercial units there. We usually use two or three washers at the same time and get everything done in an hour or so. I’d recommend you go slowly with purchases beyond the basics.
Old 04-01-2021, 01:54 AM   #33

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
FWIW we used a portable washer like above a couple of times and then sold it. Took up too much room and the loads were very small. Decided we’d rather stay at a nice park every once in a while and just use the commercial units there. We usually use two or three washers at the same time and get everything done in an hour or so. I’d recommend you go slowly with purchases beyond the basics.

I asked my wife what she thought about washer and dryer in the RV...

Her 1st response was where will it go? I tried to get her to just answer what she thought about the idea, and she then asked Why do we need a Washer / Dryer in RV?

So I asked to to quit asking questions and tell me what she thought about having a washer or dryer (yes or no) and she said no

So I have dropped it for now. I will wait until sometime when I get all of the towels dirty and raise it again later

In the meantime, I dewinterized today and plan a trip this weekend, maybe I can find another snow blizzard ...,
Old 04-01-2021, 10:55 AM   #34
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
FWIW we have a washer and dryer combo in our RV and do not use it. Instead we grab a roll of quarters and head out to a commercial laundromat. We get everything done in the time it takes to do one load in the RV.

The washer is used as the dirty clothes collection point until laundry day. If it gets full before laundry day the clothes are put in a laundry bag and put into a storage compartment until laundry day.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:11 PM   #35

THOR #20220
My wife just recommended
Use on site laundry
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 04-01-2021, 01:32 PM   #36

Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20808
The first thing you will notice after an RV purchase is that you will be the Amazon drivers new friend! Daily.

Here is the perfect boondocking wash machine!

https://www.lehmans.com/product/lehm...with-wringer/#
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boondock Wash Machine.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	29542  
Old 04-01-2021, 02:25 PM   #37

THOR #20220
wife told me we will use the laundry on a site
Old 04-01-2021, 03:58 PM   #38

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
FWIW we have a washer and dryer combo in our RV and do not use it. Instead we grab a roll of quarters and head out to a commercial laundromat. We get everything done in the time it takes to do one load in the RV.

The washer is used as the dirty clothes collection point until laundry day. If it gets full before laundry day the clothes are put in a laundry bag and put into a storage compartment until laundry day.
While the concept sounded nice when I first heard, I think with more thought in our situation of 1 1/2 years of being RV owner (wow that is a real loooong time ) we are typically only gone 3 - 5 days and our longest trip was a week. We have yet to ever wash clothes at a local facility or local to where we have traveled. i.e. we have trip tomorrow, but will be back Sunday night.

Oh well more money to get really good batteries when the time comes
Old 04-01-2021, 04:08 PM   #39
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
We only take it when the weather is going to be really hot, and well be sweating like ... Well: you know!
It's worth it for cleaning up sweaty Tee-Shirts and underclothes.
Old 04-03-2021, 06:44 PM   #40

Model: Gemini
State: Alabama
THOR #7475
TPMS...saved me thousands of dollars in damage...twice. China bombs are real!