Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2021, 11:27 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #21704
First winter trip-MA/FL are wet storage area tanks heated for Fresh water

I have a Thor Quantum and was trying to find out if the fresh water tank and water lines receive heat when driving in the winter.

I have heat pads on the black and grey. But no switch for the fresh water. No where in the manual can I find the answer !! Go figure. thus reaching out

This is my first trip in the winter from MA to FL and currently I'm all winterized. Want to bust this rig out and head south. We usually cruise but that option is COVIDED out but not the RV

Was not sure if I could set up/ fill partially the potable water tank system -fresh water and set up hot water heater before I left. Keep the rig plugged in, leave the heat on and not have to worry about freezing up issues...Thus I am trying to find out if the fresh water tanks and lines receive heat from coach when the heat is on.

My other choice is simple. Water bottles in the fridge and fill the fresh water when I am far enough south to better climate... RV anti freeze for flushing.

Thanks Bud

Old 01-04-2021, 01:14 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Is your fresh water tank inside the coach? (Many times Thor puts them under a bed.)

e.g. if its in the cabin with you then its heated. Typically all the fresh water plumbing is in the heated portion of the coach.

When we took a winter trip with our Axis to FL in December. I simply waited until our first overnight in warmer weather to dewinterize and put water in the tank (overnighted at a full hookup KOA so dewinterizing and filling was easy).

For the trip home I simply waited until we got home and winterized right away after unloading the coach.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:19 AM   #3

THOR #21704
Heated wet water storage- another question you may have some knowledge on

Thanks for the feedback. Yes the fresh water tank is under the bed however I have never removed the screwed down plywood to inspect them. With that said I believe you are spot on that there is enough heat from the motorhome with the heat and hot water tank on to keep everything from freezing as long as in use. It does have the thermal windows and insulation package so I was told?

However I do agree that my best bet for the best outcome is to ride into warmer weather and flush everything out and on the trip back lower all the water levels and blow out the system as I am more than sure we will be in a freeze again from March and into April. It is New England and anything is possible.

#### My hydraulic jacks system panel shows an error after one jack hit a curb leaving a gas station. As you may be aware these units level jacks are low to the ground. Since that happened I get the error on the auto level. They work fine but I also never had to reset the hydraulics or clear any error from the panel.

Any advice on how to reset the system and erase the error and service message

Thanks again
Old 01-04-2021, 03:43 AM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Yes the fresh water tank is under the bed however I have never removed the screwed down plywood to inspect them. With that said I believe you are spot on that there is enough heat from the motorhome with the heat and hot water tank on to keep everything from freezing as long as in use. It does have the thermal windows and insulation package so I was told?

However I do agree that my best bet for the best outcome is to ride into warmer weather and flush everything out and on the trip back lower all the water levels and blow out the system as I am more than sure we will be in a freeze again from March and into April. It is New England and anything is possible.

#### My hydraulic jacks system panel shows an error after one jack hit a curb leaving a gas station. As you may be aware these units level jacks are low to the ground. Since that happened I get the error on the auto level. They work fine but I also never had to reset the hydraulics or clear any error from the panel.

Any advice on how to reset the system and erase the error and service message

Thanks again
It may have thermal windows and insulation but, in general, RVs are pretty terrible in cold weather (don't really have nice thick walls like a house does). If you're just travelling and not really staying in cold weather too long I wouldn't worry about it. The engine heat while driving will contribute a lot to keeping the coach toasty warm.

As far as jacks: Our coach doesn't have any so I have no experience with them.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:21 AM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
The fresh water tank under the bed is the least if your concerns if you are running the furnace or a space heater to keep things comfortable; especially if your electronics bay is located in the same are like it is in my Magnitude and you will get some heat generated by the converter and other electronics.

The bigger concern is the plumbing, which is not well insulated and can even be somewhat exposed to the outside for an outdoor shower, etc. If temps are only hovering around 32, you could be ok if you run the water now and then. Otherwise you want to open up the cabinets anywhere you can see the plumbing to let heat from the coach get into those spaces. A small ceramic heater can help generate heat in areas the furnace does not keep warm enough.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:37 PM   #6

THOR #21704
2016 Thor Quantum ws31 Hydraulic jack errors on auto level control panel

First a big thanks to the JUDGE,

I am looking for help from someone with knowledge on the auto level system on the Class c. Not electric but the hydraulics.

I have an error/service warning after a slight scrape on a hump. As you know the stands are low to the ground and will sometimes hit the ground on a curb or large speed bump.

I see no damage and have used them since to level but not able to clear the error/service on the auto leveling readout.

Can anyone assist. I have never reset the level since it was purchased and it may just need to be reset and calibrated but I do not know. It may also only need a code reset. I also do not know how to do that.

Your help would be greatly appreciated if you can advise

Dr E-Quantum
Old 01-04-2021, 02:32 PM   #7

THOR #12751
Can you tell us what the error is on your control panel? I assume you have an LCI Level Up model on your coach.

If it was a "slight" scrape, it should not have done any damage. But if there was some damage done, you could be leaking hydraulic fluid and you are getting a low pressure error message.

I suspect you would see signs of hydraulic fluid leaking from a damaged jack or a damaged hydraulic line.

It could also be something simple like the BUSSMAN breaker tripped. Near your battery box there will be a couple BUSSMAN breakers that look like this picture. Usually there is a 100A breaker that controls power to the levels and to start the generator. If the breaker tripped, you will get a low voltage error.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 9.31.05 AM.png
Views:	41
Size:	479.4 KB
ID:	27919  
Old 01-04-2021, 02:58 PM   #8

THOR #21704
auto level error

The error message is "error/service needed" Or something to that effect

However the jack work down, up and auto level.

The generator starts and there is no electrical issues I can find. Also, after a short while the screen will go out and it is as normal until I touch a button again.

Also no leaks on the hydraulics.

I did recall that it said front but it was one of the rear pads that scraped. Seems weird. I believe I need a reset or recalibration and have no clue how.

also, the last owner showed me that two buttons pressed together would erase any error messages that come up but I don't remember what that was as it was a long time ago.

Thanks- Quantum
Old 01-04-2021, 03:53 PM   #9

THOR #12751
We need to know the exact model of your Leveler System for the right procedures but this video might help.....

Old 01-04-2021, 08:11 PM   #10

THOR #21704
Thanks for sticking with me. I do have the LCI and did see that video.

I guess the hunt stays on.

Thanks
Old 01-10-2021, 01:02 AM   #11

State: Louisiana
THOR #10057
Error correcting

Welcome to the Forum. If you go to Lippert on line and put your model no. in the email, you can get an instructions booklet on that model. It gives you the info. on resetting and leveling your unit.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:49 PM   #12

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Utah
THOR #18374
I erased the service needed message by pressing the enter and retract buttons at the same time. No issues afterwards and all worked and still works fine. Maybe this is what you're looking for?
Old 01-11-2021, 12:42 AM   #13

THOR #21704
LCI service error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman2111 View Post
I erased the service needed message by pressing the enter and retract buttons at the same time. No issues afterwards and all worked and still works fine. Maybe this is what you're looking for?
I have tried a few times with no success. I am thinking I may need to do a manual down and then up to show a complete retract.

I am willing to try anything suggested

Thanks Quantum