Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2018, 09:09 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
Florida panhandle RV parks

Can anyone advise the status of RV parks and campgrounds near the area recently hit by hurricane Michael? Are they full of hurricane relief workers? Any space for over nighters? We're heading to Natchez, MS to do the Natchez Trace Parkway, from MS to TN. But, we'll need an over night stop in the panhandle area of FL. Any info. will be appreciated! Thanks!

Old 10-28-2018, 09:16 PM   #2

Model: 2016 Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #12340
We have reservations in Defuniak Springs next weekend on the way to Texas. It's just off I10. I've called them and they started everything is fine there. They were just west of landfall from the hurricane. Twin Lakes Resort.

As a past business owner in the bed and breakfast industry in Florida I know for a fact that the media over states damage areas. I realize many places in the panhandle were devistated but it's not ALL the panhandle as the media likes to state.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:47 PM   #3

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
no, you won't find anything between Tallahassee and Destin/Pensacola since not only many were damaged or had water intrusions issues for the ones next to/near the beaches, but you can only imagine also that the shear number of workers and displaced families would readily take all the inventory that IS available, and more...

I wouldn't imagine anything available almost anywhere in the panhandle since the track of the storm moved over so much of it, and I10 along the way... just park in a parking lot overnight, I'm sure you'll have plenty of company and generators buzzing.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:37 AM   #4

State: Tennessee
THOR #8845
Gulf shores Alabama may have spaces.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:29 AM   #5

Model: 2016 A.C.E. 30.1
State: South Carolina
THOR #5641
We had reservations around Panama City in Dec and they contacted us and said they had to cancel. They didn't say if it was so they could use the space for workers or displaced residents. We did book a spot around Navarre. I'm sure you can get something around Pensacola.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote