Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-15-2023, 10:55 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Mississippi
THOR #29150
Ford Dealerships that work on motorhomes

Having trouble finding a Ford dealership to diagnose a check engine light. Does Ford have a list of dealerships that do work on RV Ford engines. Local Ford dealership doesn't work on RV's.

Old 03-15-2023, 11:11 PM   #2

Model: 35SF
State: Michigan
THOR #18186
I think it depends on the dealership.
My local ford dealership does all my work.
Just had all new tires and oil change performed last week.
Very reasonable rates.
He's even too small to fit mine on a hoist.
Old 03-15-2023, 11:17 PM   #3

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I think Ford has a special website for rv chassis.
Old 03-15-2023, 11:19 PM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #24400
Ford Motorhome Service

Call the Ford Motorhome Assistance line

800-444-3311

They found me a servicing dealer
Old 03-15-2023, 11:26 PM   #5

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Most commercial Ford Truck dealerships can work on them. Not the commercial dealers that sell termite trucks but the ones that sell and service big trucks with big service bays. Even those are not always happy about motorhomes.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:34 PM   #6

THOR #29150
Thanks for the replies.
Old 03-15-2023, 11:55 PM   #7

Model: ACE 29G
THOR #28393
Try Rush Truck Center in Theodore AL.
Old 03-16-2023, 01:31 AM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
Call the Ford Motorhome Assistance line

800-444-3311

They found me a servicing dealer
What he said and have VIN # ready so they verify warranty in advance.
Attached Images

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 02:02 AM   #9

THOR #29150
Talked to Ford Motorhome Assistance. Nice young lady took my zip code and came back saying there was a dealer in South Carolina. I said my zip code is Mississippi. Said she didn't know why "it" came up with that dealership. I asked if Ford had a list of their dealerships that handle RV's. She told me that that would be nice but she just has to google dealerships and then call and ask them if the service RV's. Nice person but no help.
Old 03-16-2023, 02:12 AM   #10

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
Talked to Ford Motorhome Assistance. Nice young lady took my zip code and came back saying there was a dealer in South Carolina. I said my zip code is Mississippi. Said she didn't know why "it" came up with that dealership. I asked if Ford had a list of their dealerships that handle RV's. She told me that that would be nice but she just has to google dealerships and then call and ask them if the service RV's. Nice person but no help.

Sounds like you got a live one

I would call back and hopefully she does not answer. If she is using Internet she is clueless because that group is specifically for Ford Motorhomes. They know who work on RVs or not. I wonder if she typed in wrong zip code?

If a second person sounds flaky just ask for Supervisor.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 03-16-2023, 02:15 AM   #11

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
I bet she's in her mid.30's...Ford Customer Service and using Google for her experience. It's a scary new bunch running this country now. How many times did she say "absolutely"?
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 02:19 AM   #12

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
I did a google search for Ford medium duty truck dealers in Mississippi and there are around 15 sprinkled around the state. But for a check engine light, I would go to Wal Mart and purchase a cheap scanner.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 02:23 AM   #13

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Having trouble finding a Ford dealership to diagnose a check engine light. Does Ford have a list of dealerships that do work on RV Ford engines. Local Ford dealership doesn't work on RV's.
I think your bet bet is a Ford commercial location. A regular dealer that sells and services Fiestas would not be the place to go.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 02:52 AM   #14

THOR #13058
Does not get any clearer than this...

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos...ssis-serviced/

Then at the bottom their is another contact number if you don't get answer you seek.

If you were in Dallas, I have a Innova Reader that can tell you what the Check Engine light is for.
Old 03-16-2023, 02:57 AM   #15

THOR #29150
I borrowed an OBDI scanner and found a trouble code. It is a P2202 nitrogen oxide sensor Bank 1. Even provided that to the young lady at Ford Motorhome Assistance but she still couldn't give me a service location. Appreciate the suggestions.
Old 03-16-2023, 03:10 AM   #16

THOR #13058
Quote:
I borrowed an OBDI scanner and found a trouble code. It is a P2202 nitrogen oxide sensor Bank 1. Even provided that to the young lady at Ford Motorhome Assistance but she still couldn't give me a service location. Appreciate the suggestions.
I think the bigger point is that you obviously got uninformed useless person. That number is specifically for what you see. May be too late now, but I would call back tomorrow and get a 2nd agent. If they say the same thing, they won't, ask for Supervisor.

I called them about 9 months with nothing wrong but just wanted to know where I could go. They gave me 3 choices within 20 miles of our house. They also added another almost another year on my Ford Warranty as it was something related to Dealer not sending them some sales date form so my warranty would start the date I bought it, not the date WBGO bought. They were great. But great is simply the person I talked to. Get another person.
Old 03-16-2023, 04:33 PM   #17

Model: Vegas 25.1
THOR #15327
I'm assuming this is warranty work, try Waters Truck and Tractor in Tupelo 662-942-3401. Just called and verified that they were still doing the work.

I've also been told that there is a service center in Hattiesburg but I don't know the specifics, shouldn't take much investigation to find it.
Old 03-16-2023, 08:05 PM   #18

THOR #29150
Finally found a dealer on my own in Daphne Al. 70 miles away. Now I won't have to take that trip to South Carolina or todays recommendation from the Assistance line...a dealer in Sebring Fl.
Old 03-22-2023, 06:25 PM   #19

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: California
THOR #27561
I had a similar issue when I called the Ford Motorhome Assistance line. I think that it is just the same as their regular customer assistance line now. The lady that answered the phone found a dealer that would change the oil in my motorhome 158 miles away in Bakersfield. I live on the California coast between San Francisco and Los Angeles. I found a Quick Lube place to change my oil where you drive over a pit and don't need a lift. But I guess that I will driving to Bakersfield for warranty work.

By the way my "oil change required" message came on out of the blue which forced me to change the oil otherwise I would have scheduled something at a dealer along with a short trip. I was 3,000 miles away from 10,000 miles and 4 months away from 12 months since I had bought the RV. I now assume that the oil change reminder was activated from the time when the cutaway chassis was first started and I had no clue when that was. It is something that the RV dealer should let you know.
Old 03-22-2023, 07:47 PM   #20
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Never owned a vehicle "which forced me to change the oil" when my "oil change required" message came on. How's that work?

In fact, I've owned several vehicles where the oil change interval reminder was based strictly on mileage assuming you were using conventional oil. I used synthetic oil so when it came on the first time I just reset it to avoid the nagging reminder, but I could have just kept driving it with the reminder for another cycle.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote