Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2020, 01:18 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE EVO 30.3
State: Florida
THOR #6059
Good bye Thor

We recently traded in our Thor ACE 30.3 for a new Tiffin Allegro. Despite the fit and finish issues with our ACE, it has been a pretty good coach. We used it for 31/2 years and 26,000 miles on numerous trips. It was a good entry level class A motorhome for us and all the systems worked well. I did have to add quite a few modifications to get it to where it would drive decent, such as sumo springs, steering stabilizer, Koni shocks etc. We also added dual recliner, porcelain toilet and several other upgrades inside. We had some good times in our Thor, but it was time to move on to a bigger coach with many more amenities, upgrades and options. I would like to thank everyone on this forum for their wisdom, opinions and excellent information while I have been a member. Safe travels to all!
If anyone is looking for a well maintained always stored under cover ACE 30.3 with lots of upgrades, we traded it at Lazy Days Tampa. Im sure you would get a pretty good deal on it😊

Take care,

Steven B.
2017 ACE 30.3
2019 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
S/W Florida

Old 05-14-2020, 03:21 AM   #2

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenb2560 View Post

If anyone is looking for a well maintained always stored under cover ACE 30.3 with lots of upgrades, we traded it at Lazy Days Tampa. Im sure you would get a pretty good deal on it😊

Take care,

Steven B.
2017 ACE 30.3
2019 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
S/W Florida
Surely that was a tongue in cheek statement?
RV dealers usually give you book wholesale for your trade then sell it at clean retail.
Tried a couple times to deal with Lazy Days, both times it was a fabulous deal.....................for them, basically give them mine & pay MSRP for theirs.
Bought elsewhere!!!!
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:32 AM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
From one ex-Thor and current Tiffin owner: Stick around! This is still the best RV Forum!
Old 05-14-2020, 11:10 AM   #4

THOR #6059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
From one ex-Thor and current Tiffin owner: Stick around! This is still the best RV Forum!
I’ll, probably peek in here once in awhile, always find good information here!
Old 05-14-2020, 11:24 AM   #5

THOR #6059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
RV dealers usually give you book wholesale for your trade then sell it at clean retail.
Tried a couple times to deal with Lazy Days, both times it was a fabulous deal.....................for them, basically give them mine & pay MSRP for theirs.
Bought elsewhere!!!!
Yes, it was somewhat of a tongue & Cheek statement. We did get beat up pretty good on our Thor in trade. However checking around for our model used online they don’t usually go for much. They are an entry level coach to start with and like all RV’s the depreciation is quite extreme! Lazy Days doesn’t give a rip what kind of upgrades you have done to your trade in unit, they give you a price based on wholesale. With that being said they also don’t know or care what options a previous owner has put in a coach that you want to buy. We found several with awesome upgrades that the salesperson wasn’t even aware of and didn’t really care either. The next owner of our ACE will get a coach that was meticulously cared for and loaded with many upgrades😊
Old 05-16-2020, 11:48 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 34E
THOR #17016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Bought elsewhere!!!!

They are all the same. Traded in our 2007 Fleetwood Flair at CW and picked up a 2014 Hurricane 34E.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:51 PM   #7

State: Texas
THOR #18144
congrats Tiffin is a great upper end coach