Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2021, 08:05 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano FB
State: Indiana
THOR #24977
Angry Fresh Water Tank New 2022 Thor Delano

I recently purchased a Thor 2022 Delano FB and having issued filling my fresh water tank. When filling and putting knobs on "Fill Tank" I can only get to 33% of 66% before water start coming out through the overflow drain valve.

I took to the dealer (LazyDayRV Elkhart IN) where I purchased and I had two technicians look at it and simulated the same thing. They concluded that the overflow drain valve was drilled from the side of the tank instead of the top of the tank. I did see what the technicians were talking about and the pluming for the overflow value is installed on the side of the tank.

What is more interesting, when filling the tank and water starts coming though the overflow valve, it start to siphon water out of the tank, plus when I drive to my destination I only have about 20% of water remaining.

I am working with Thor now but wanted to know if anyone has experienced this?

Thanks

Haagjames

Old 11-05-2021, 04:42 AM   #2

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Just to clarify - can you actually SEE the water tank (which is usually white and somewhat translucent)? I'm asking because you want to be sure the tank sensors (which indicate the tank level) are indeed working correctly. Different rig, but I can see the top of my water tank from under the kitchen sink.

If you can see the top of the tank, you'll be able to tell how full the tank really is... and actually confirm what the tech is telling you. I'm NOT doubting what the tech told you, just suggesting you "lay eyes on the issue" and be satisfied that is indeed the problem.

Here's a similar thread. Look at the pic... it shows the sensor connections on the side of your tank. Check yours and make sure they are all connected.
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...ter-22986.html
Old 11-05-2021, 05:08 AM   #3

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I'll doubt what the tech is telling you.
I do this because there isn't the slightest reason in the world for anyone but the repair shop to Be in contact with Thor.
Someone's a slacker.

Also.
Tell your tech to put an extension hose onto the vent and hold it up higher to than the tank.
Or
Just plug the vent temporarily and see what happens as the tank is filled.
There is PLENTY of area around the fill hose to vent the tank while the tech experiments.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:12 PM   #4

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
State: Florida
THOR #2812
haagjames- I actually read your post and understand that you saw that the overflow was installed on the side of the tank. Sounds like a mistake on Thor's part and hopefully they will correct it. The overflow is probably not the only vent, But The Delano water inlet is a hose connection, use caution filling the tank with the vents closed off.
I have had good results working with Thor on a few occasions. I paid for a modification to the AC ducting and called Thor, and was reimbursed.
My fresh tank has vents and overflow on top of the tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	34653  
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:13 PM   #5

Model: Delano FB
State: Indiana
THOR #24977
Yes, I can see the tank. On the driver side I can see the the water filling into the tank and on the passenger side I can see the overflow valve. The tech did review the sensors and seemed to be installed correctly.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:02 AM   #6

State: Oregon
THOR #28596
Delano fresh water tank

I just bought an 2023 Thor Delano. i have the same problem with the fresh water tank overflowing before filled. how did you resolve your tank problem?
Old 12-01-2022, 07:38 PM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #28600
Delano fresh water problem

Just purchased a 2023 Delano 24TT and like others I am experiencing issues filling it to full. Due to its extremely shallow design (@6 inches) and the placement of overflow valves on the side vs top, it’s virtually impossible to fill it to full capacity. I’d estimate that 80% is the max capacity, and driving up hill only drains more water out the overflow. Has anyone had any success on having the tank replaced with the overflow valves on top?
Old 10-21-2023, 05:28 PM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
State: Nevada
THOR #28980
Rerouted overflow

A few weeks back I had the overflow hose rerouted. Instead of coming off the side of the tank and going straight down, I had it routed up behind the kitchen cabinets then make a u-turn back down. Now the tank don’t spill out when going up hill or around corners. Makes all the difference in the world.

I have no idea why the design of the talk and overfill aren’t solved this way.