Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2018, 06:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chanteau
State: Arizona
THOR #12515
Cameras on mirrors

We have a chateau E31. It has cameras on the mirrors, so when you put the turn signal on the radio display shows who is along side of you, the bad part is when the turn signal is on your the radio cuts out, I wonder if there is a way to change that setting

Old 08-07-2018, 08:32 PM   #2

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Minnesota
THOR #4198
If it is the Axxera radio you have... It will cut out when you are using it as a radio. That is, if you have the radio set to look at the rear view camera as you drive, it will not cut out. If you have the radio set so that it displays the station, etc, it will cut out when the turn signals are on.

I thought that it was cutting out or muting the audio. But what it really does is decreases the audio level. While your turn signal is on you can reach over and turn the volume up and hear the radio again. When it flips back, the volume level you had set will resume. The bad thing is that when you go to use the signal again, you would have to reach for the volume again. Why they do that?? who knows. I called Axxera and asked if they had thought of updating the software to eliminate that behavior but kinda met with a blank stare over the phone.

John
RadioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:42 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: New York
THOR #5875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeroe66 View Post
We have a chateau E31. It has cameras on the mirrors, so when you put the turn signal on the radio display shows who is along side of you, the bad part is when the turn signal is on your the radio cuts out, I wonder if there is a way to change that setting

It depends on which model radio you have.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:52 PM   #4

State: Alabama
THOR #9516
I don't know if there is a way to change it, but I'll be watching for an answer. I have the LF31 with the same annoying feature, especially since I have found that using the camera is not a normal reaction. My eyes go to the mirrors, and usually the glare on the monitor/ camera makes it unusable, anyway.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:00 AM   #5

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
I hate the lane change cameras. I turn the system off and it overrides itself when lane changing. I've driven every type vehicle ever made, including gas tanker trailers and charter buses full of screaming kids...and got along just fine with well tuned mirrors. The side cameras are more of a distraction than they help.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:23 AM   #6

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
For those of you that don’t like the side cameras you can clip the right and left trigger wires that go to the switch box. Not sure if every coach uses the same color coded wiring but here is what Dino found for the Windsport and Hurricane coaches. If the colors going to your switchbox match these then you’re probably good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9E3A230B-11BA-461E-B003-122010892D2E.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	12123
Old 08-08-2018, 07:32 PM   #7

Model: Palazzo 33.4
State: Colorado
THOR #10498
Side Cameras and Radio Volume

So initially, my backup camera would not come on when going into reverse. Dealer (CW) fiddled with the trigger wires and got it working.

However, now my side cameras only come on if I have the rear camera already activated. If I have the Axxera set to bluetooth or aux (most of the time) side cameras never come on when turn signal activated.

But, when I am towing (again, most of the time) I have the rear camera on and the Aux input activated for my satellite radio. Side cameras come one when turn signals activated. Aux volume "dips" momentarily when camera first comes on, but since the turn signals are only on for a moment or two I consider it no big deal. And it is a challenge to hear any radio when the turn signals are beeping incessantly
2016 Polaris RZR 1000 HLE
1998 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500
Funhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:05 AM   #8

Model: 34J
THOR #8707
Manually turn on your backup camera and leave it on when you drive. The radio should not mute when turn signal is on after that. Woks on the 34J.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:37 PM   #9

Model: Quantum RC25
State: Maryland
THOR #9251
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfreitas View Post
Manually turn on your backup camera and leave it on when you drive. The radio should not mute when turn signal is on after that. Woks on the 34J.
When you have rear camera on while driving and turn on blinker so display switches to side camera, do you know if there is a setting to make it go back to rear camera display when blinker off? In some cases like using rear camera without having to reach for touch screen to turn it back on!
Old 08-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #10

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Texas
THOR #12635
Axxera camera fix

Contacted Mito Corp, the people that make Axxera and they provided my the following link to a firmware update
http://www.axxera.dualav.com/firmware/index.php

I installed it this morning and now the radio switches back to the rear camera after the turn signal is canceled, there is a delay between switching but I think that’s caused by the switch box. Sound still mutes and I plan to follow up with Mito about that
Old 08-17-2018, 02:41 PM   #11

Model: Chateau 31W
State: New Hampshire
THOR #12512
Hi All,

I have a 2018 Thor Chateau 31W which has of course cameras in the mirrors. The drivers side camera needs to be re-positioned to have a better view of the left road side. Does anyone know how to perform the re-positioning of the camera? Thanks for any and all replies to this.
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:12 PM   #12

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
We HAD a 31 L with cameras in the mirrors. Unfortunately, I was told that there was no way to adjust the cameras. But there are several different types of mirrors and yours might be different. Can you find a manufacturer name on the mirror?
Old 08-17-2018, 09:44 PM   #13

THOR #12512
Cameras on Mirrors

Hi Pstandifod,

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the mirrors and the name “ValVac” seems to be embossed on the arm support that is attached to the door.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:58 PM   #14

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
I did a quick search for Velvac in Google and it appears that some of the mirrors with cameras are adjustable. Others are not. On the bottom of our mirrors was a model number. It was hard to find but they were there. With the model number you can probably find instructions for your specific mirrors.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #15

THOR #12512
Cameras on Mirrors

Hi Pstandifod,

Thanks for that information. I will check the bottom of my mirrors for a model number and look for some adjustment or user manual on their website.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:12 PM   #16

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #2057
I have a problem with the right camera on my ACE 27. If I turn on the right turn light the camera is not working and the front turn light neither but the turn light in the back is working. All bulps are fine. Did some one has the same problem?
Old 08-25-2018, 10:20 PM   #17

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oklahoma
THOR #6418
Look where the mirror meets the mirror arm. There should be 2 Allen screws, loosen them slightly so mirror can move. It takes 2 people to do this, 1 on the mirror and 1 watching from the seat. The camera shows what the bottom spot mirror shows, only more. When you have it where you want it, tighten the screws.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 10:22 PM   #18
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
I did a quick search for Velvac in Google and it appears that some of the mirrors with cameras are adjustable. Others are not. On the bottom of our mirrors was a model number. It was hard to find but they were there. With the model number you can probably find instructions for your specific mirrors.

Do you have link to where we can check our mirror models for adjustability?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 12:51 AM   #19

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Texas
THOR #12635
Mirror camera adjustment

Don’t know about model numbers. But my mirrors have three Allen screws on the stem near the bottom of the mirror loosen one or more of them and the mirror will turn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1096923E-BD1F-4827-8E82-8808808BD6B7.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	12445  
Old 08-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #20

Model: Quantum RC25
State: Maryland
THOR #9251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8nmike View Post
Contacted Mito Corp, the people that make Axxera and they provided my the following link to a firmware update
Product Firmware Updates

I installed it this morning and now the radio switches back to the rear camera after the turn signal is canceled, there is a delay between switching but I think that’s caused by the switch box. Sound still mutes and I plan to follow up with Mito about that
How to you load the update? Excited to have it work this way...thank you!