Frustrated With Thor Customer Service
I've owned my own businesses since 1973, including 24 years as a Chrysler dealer and 25 years owning fast-food franchise restaurants, so I believe I understand customer service. And since I've been on both sides of the "complaint" table, I tend to be a bit more patient and understanding than the average person. But my patience is wearing thin with Thor.
To begin, we first bought a 2016 Vegas 25.3 in December of 2016. We drove that coach on several trips over the next year, including across the country, Kentucky to California, twice. The most difficult repair we ever had was replacing a windshield wiper arm. The only negative was that my wife preferred a couch rather than a dinette.
When Thor introduced the Vegas 27.7 late in 2017, the floorplan gave us exactly what we desired...a dinette and a couch, with extra interior space from the additional slide-out. We traded the 25.3 for the 27.7 in January of this year.
We had numerous serious problems with this coach right from the start, but I won't bore you with all the details. But I did send a list of 14 defects that I believed were serious enough to merit a trip to the factory for repair rather than taking it to a dealer (even though I am a 10 hour drive from the factory).
I was asked to send a detailed listing and pictures to a certain person at Thor customer service. I did so and had no response for over two weeks. I then called Thor again and began a long series of exchanges with Ron Baker via phone and email.
After multiple telephone conversations, Mr. Baker first emailed me on April 25th saying I was "penciled in" for July 23rd and he would turn in the paperwork when I agreed to that date, I confirmed less than an hour later. He replied that same day that he would turn in the paperwork and I should get a confirmation "in a couple of weeks."
On May 22nd, I again emailed Mr. Baker, reminding him that he had said I should receive confirmation in about two weeks, and four weeks had now passed since that promise. He replied that my confirmation was ready and would be "sent out to you today."
I then wrote Mr. Baker again on May 31st, saying that I had yet to receive the confirmation that he had promised nine days earlier.
Six days later, I am still waiting on a response to that inquiry, and it has now been nearly 90 days since I first requested a factory appointment. I still don't know if I have one for July 23rd or not.
I understand the need for repairs, and that anything mechanical will break...but I do not understand and will not accept poor customer service...for that there is no excuse.