Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2020, 06:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #19762
furnace

Freedom Elite 22 hec, when I turn the furnace on, it runs for a short time and shuts off. How do I get it to stay on?

Old 08-12-2020, 06:35 PM   #2

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Information goes a long way... and Carnac may not be online to answer questions.
Make/Model of furnace, "runs for a short time" - how long?
Also does it blow heat before it shuts down?
Old 08-12-2020, 11:53 PM   #3

THOR #19762
Furnace

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
Information goes a long way... and Carnac may not be online to answer questions.
Actually, it the air was a little cool before it shut off. I also tried the hot water it was cold, it was hot two days ago. The propane knob was in the off position. I turned it left to the on position, and still no hot water. ??? It is afternoon, so I have not tried the furnace yet.
Old 08-12-2020, 11:59 PM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1bone View Post
Actually, it the air was a little cool before it shut off. I also tried the hot water it was cold, it was hot two days ago. The propane knob was in the off position. I turned it left to the on position, and still no hot water. ??? It is afternoon, so I have not tried the furnace yet.
If the propane was off you likely have air in the lines if you tried to run any gas appliances.

Try lighting the stove to get the propane flowing to purge out the air. The give the hot water and furnace a try.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:13 AM   #5

THOR #19762
Hot water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
If the propane was off you likely have air in the lines if you tried to run any gas appliances.

Try lighting the stove to get the propane flowing to purge out the air. The give the hot water and furnace a try.
OK, turned the propane on, tried lighting the burner, nothing. Turned the propane off, lit the burner, and the flame died after a few seconds, turned the propane knob on again, lit the burner, and it worked great, but no hot water. I do have the hot water switch pushed on.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:03 AM   #6

THOR #19762
hot water

Quote:
It was a cool air. OK, turned the propane on, tried lighting the burner, nothing. Turned the propane off, lit the burner, and the flame died after a few seconds, turned the propane knob on again, lit the burner, and it worked great, but no hot water. I do have the hot water switch pushed on.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:09 AM   #7

THOR #19762
Furnace

Quote:
Turned the propane on. Furnace is working now, burners are working, but still no hot water.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:40 AM   #8

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Again, information please!
Make/Model of water heater...
Could it be LPG and electric? Did you turn on the gas/electric switch from the control panel? On gas, if you listen carefully, you may hear the igniter "clicking", trying to light the gas.

No info, then no answers, just more questions.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:47 AM   #9

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Are you getting a check light for the water heater? When you turn it on, can you hear the ignitor?
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 02:35 AM   #10

THOR #19762
Just turned the propane switch off, waited 30 minutes, and turned it on, hear the water heater burner running, WE NOW HAVE HOT WATER! My wife is very happy she can take a hot shower. I guess I took a cold shower for nothing.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:37 AM   #11

THOR #19762
water heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post

Just turned the propane switch off, waited 30 minutes, and turned it on, hear the water heater burner running, WE NOW HAVE HOT WATER! My wife is very happy she can take a hot shower. I guess I took a cold shower for nothing.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:38 AM   #12

THOR #19762
water heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Are you getting a check light for the water heater? When you turn it on, can you hear the ignitor?
Old 08-13-2020, 02:39 AM   #13

THOR #19762
water heater

Quote:
Again, information please!
Make/Model of water heater...
Could it be LPG and electric? Did you turn on the gas/electric switch from the control panel? On gas, if you listen carefully, you may hear the igniter "clicking", trying to light the gas.

No info, then no answers, just more questions.