Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2016, 08:01 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5526
Fuse Boxes

I am a new second owner of 2016 Thor Axis 24.1 e450 and 6 speed trans. I have been trying to get familiar with it. Today I found out how the fog lights work. They only work with the low beams on. A few days ago I tried the fog light switch and it didn't come (the lights were apparently in high beam.) so I thought it was the fog light fuse.

In trying to find where it was I got conflicting info so I called Thor technical and after a short search they said it was fuse F2 in the Thor fuse panel under the drivers seat in outside compartment wall. I found the fuse box but could only open door about an inch wide because it was hitting 2 large cables. I tried to push the cables out of the way but couldn't. You definitely can't check fuses with the door partially opened like that. I left it alone but was thinking how to deal with it. The brute force method would be to cut the plastic door as close to the hinge as possible then put it back and tape it with duct tape. Has anyone else had that problem? - and if so how was it handled? Also there are 3 A/C circuit breakers??/switches that are out in the open with out a door at the bottom of the fuse box that are unlabeled. I'm concerned that something stored in the compartment could bump them and turn them off during travel..

I have looked carefully with a good flash light and cannot find the fuse box that's supposed to be by the drivers knee by the steering column. I also have not seen an in place photo of this fuse box. How can I find it? Do you have to put your head by the gas and brake pedal and look up to see it? Any help on finding that fuse box on my Axis would be appreciated.

I have looked in the engine compartment and did not find anything that looked like a fuse box. I read somewhere that there is a fuse box under the refrigerator but I have not looked there yet.

If anyone with an Axis like mine could give me a listing of all fuse boxes and circuit breakers and their location I'd appreciated it.

Thanks,
sli22sli
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2166
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	3220  

Old 04-30-2017, 01:26 AM   #2

Model: Windsport 34P
State: Arizona
THOR #5872
fuse box

I have a 2017 windsport 34p and can't find the fuse box for the in dash radio, any help appreciated
Retired mechanic
Ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:23 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Thor Motor Coach wires each coach series differently because of where the major components are located. For my coach (a 2016 31S), the radios fuse is the #4 fuse under the bed in the main power panel. It powers the rear and front radio from the house batteries. The power for the radio memory comes from the chassis battery. I am not sure but I think I remember a fuse in the front cap fuse panel. That panel is just in front of the drivers left foot.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:38 AM   #4

Model: Windsport 34P
State: Arizona
THOR #5872
fuse

the battery power wire on mine is dead.it did have power only when on coach batteries. The rear radio is ok as the #4 fuse is good.wire must be pulled apart some where
Retired mechanic
Ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:16 AM   #5

Model: 2015 vegas 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #1448
As far as the fuse box under the dash by the drivers knee: I needed to find a fuse there, and from reading this forum, I knew it had to be there.

I laid down on the floor with my head right under the dash with a flashlght. There's a small black box, open the door & you'll see the fuses.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:49 PM   #6

THOR #13374
thor 2014 24.1 fuse box for windshield wipers

My main fuse box in cabin is not marked with which fuse works for what. I also read that I need to look for the F-350 windshield wiper fuse under the driver side, Cannot locate that fuse box. My wipers stopped working and I suspect a fuse, but don't know which one or where the heck it is located.
Old 05-13-2021, 02:49 PM   #7

THOR #13374
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzfest View Post
As far as the fuse box under the dash by the drivers knee: I needed to find a fuse there, and from reading this forum, I knew it had to be there.

I laid down on the floor with my head right under the dash with a flashlght. There's a small black box, open the door & you'll see the fuses.
Which knee?
Old 05-13-2021, 02:51 PM   #8

THOR #13374
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzfest View Post

Which knee? Having problem locating
Old 05-13-2021, 03:43 PM   #9

THOR #13374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
My main fuse box in cabin is not marked with which fuse works for what. I also read that I need to look for the F-350 windshield wiper fuse under the driver side, Cannot locate that fuse box. My wipers stopped working and I suspect a fuse, but don't know which one or where the heck it is located.
update: found the fuse box but cannot find a fuse diagram for F-350 box under steering wheel. Does anyone have one of these? I looked on the internet, but no luck. Still trying to replace windshield wiper fuse, have so far learned it is a 5 (brown), but there are three of them.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:43 PM   #10
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
update: found the fuse box but cannot find a fuse diagram for F-350 box under steering wheel. Does anyone have one of these? I looked on the internet, but no luck. Still trying to replace windshield wiper fuse, have so far learned it is a 5 (brown), but there are three of them.
Well, since you don't have an F350 that diagram won't help you. You have an E350 chassis. In addition, the wiper motor is a 30 amp fuse, not a 5 amp fuse.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote