Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2021, 06:43 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 32N
State: Arizona
THOR #23246
Garmin 890 Factory Reset

Does anyone know how to do a factory reset on a Garmin RV890 GPS unit? Thanks.

Old 09-15-2021, 10:41 PM   #2

Model: Axis 25.3
State: Michigan
THOR #20290
I don't know how to do that, but when I have had things I don't know how to update on my Garmin 770, I just call their customer support.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I have called, they have been totally FANTASTIC! Patient, know their product, and over the top good at walking me through the steps I need to take. All businesses should emulate their customer service model.

Give them a call. They will make your day. (Just this week gave me a few tips for "must see" sites as we will be going thru Kansas where they are based on our trip that starts tomorrow. How is that for extra kindness?)
Old 09-15-2021, 11:30 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 32N
State: Arizona
THOR #23246
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVwife View Post
I don't know how to do that, but when I have had things I don't know how to update on my Garmin 770, I just call their customer support.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I have called, they have been totally FANTASTIC! Patient, know their product, and over the top good at walking me through the steps I need to take. All businesses should emulate their customer service model.

Give them a call. They will make your day. (Just this week gave me a few tips for "must see" sites as we will be going thru Kansas where they are based on our trip that starts tomorrow. How is that for extra kindness?)
I figured it out. There is an option under Setting->Personal. I tried calling but was on hold for an hour and gave up. Chat was no help - just sent links to the manual.

My unit is not doing the Shape Route thing. It just says to Select a Valid Location no matter where I touch. I see others online have the same problem but no one with a fix. I thought maybe a hard reset might work, but it did not.