Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-06-2021, 09:08 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22687
Wonder how many people have the altered contracts.

Old 05-06-2021, 10:03 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
The thing I don't get about this whole situation is what benefit would General RV have by altering the documents? A few of the people on the interviews show a decent interest rate so it's not like they couldn't qualify for the loans at those terms. What's the incentive here?
Old 05-06-2021, 10:19 PM   #23
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnjoe View Post
The thing I don't get about this whole situation is what benefit would General RV have by altering the documents? A few of the people on the interviews show a decent interest rate so it's not like they couldn't qualify for the loans at those terms. What's the incentive here?
Kickbacks from the lender and higher commission for the finance person for using that lender.
Old 05-06-2021, 10:24 PM   #24

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
I guess all of this is using a loan through General RV, right? When I bought my 2015 Thor Vegas from General RV in Tampa, all the dealer provided was the out the door price for the RV. I financed through USAA not through the dealer. All USAA needed was the total price. They computed the loan and monthly payment based on their interest rate. The USAA loan paperwork showed the total borrowed, the number of monthly payments, the loan interest, and the date of the final payment. After I reviewed USAA's loan paperwork, I signed it, and they sent General RV in Tampa the check.

I had no smudges, "doctored" number of payment, and no final balloon payment (and USAA gave me a 4.9% interest rate).
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:06 PM   #25
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnjoe View Post
Well if you're shopping by payment and not by price, the payment for a 240 month loan is a lot less than for a true 120 month loan. The way they get to that low payment is by making the loan rear loaded with a balloon payment for payment #120 for about half the amount originally financed.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:36 PM   #26

Brand: Cruiser
Model: Georgetown 30x3
State: Idaho
THOR #17441
The contracts they show clearly show the balloon payment. The customers signed them. What’s the beef?
Old 05-08-2021, 09:47 PM   #27
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
During the "thrill of the purchase": it's easy for the sales goober to distract you from things like that...
Old 05-08-2021, 11:09 PM   #28

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #11771
We bought a used RV from General RV in Huntley Illinois. When we were signing documents before we sign the documents we told him we were just looking to get to a specific number in finance. We told him the bottom line price we would pay would be 28,800 out the door. When my husband came to signed the papers they showed the price is 28,800+ tax plus Title plus transfer plus warranty. Upon getting home we went over the papers again and saw this “error” When we return and ask about the “mistake” We were basically told your problem you should’ve looked at the documents. I had the quote that was signed by the sales manager sitting this is what we were quoted. All that they would do is refund to the bank the mistake thanking we didn’t know what an amortization schedule was. Weight of end up paying an extra $20,000 plus on that rig. We sold the rig last December for 28,800. It was deliberate and I would never buy original General RV as a result .
We have had six rigs this was our seven. Will never make that mistake again and will never buy from General RV
Old 05-08-2021, 11:12 PM   #29

THOR #11771
Not everybody reads the small print. Not everyone’s going to cheat you. To ask what the beef is means it’s completely the buyers fault. Not so
Old 05-09-2021, 12:47 AM   #30
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDguy View Post
The contracts they show clearly show the balloon payment. The customers signed them. What’s the beef?
The "beef" is the contracts in the hand of the buyer and the contracts sent to the finance institutions are not the same. The claim is that the contracts were altered after the buyer signed them - hence the 240 vs 119 + balloon payment discrepancy.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:53 AM   #31

State: Georgia
THOR #21919
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
I guess all of this is using a loan through General RV, right? When I bought my 2015 Thor Vegas from General RV in Tampa, all the dealer provided was the out the door price for the RV. I financed through USAA not through the dealer. All USAA needed was the total price. They computed the loan and monthly payment based on their interest rate. The USAA loan paperwork showed the total borrowed, the number of monthly payments, the loan interest, and the date of the final payment. After I reviewed USAA's loan paperwork, I signed it, and they sent General RV in Tampa the check.

I had no smudges, "doctored" number of payment, and no final balloon payment (and USAA gave me a 4.9% interest rate).
I'll also be going to USAA when my RV arrives. My dealer gave me a quote which included 11% loan rate on a new Vegas 24.1. Ridiculous.
Old 05-09-2021, 02:54 PM   #32

Brand: Entegra
Model: 2021 Emblem 36U
State: Virginia
THOR #21648
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
I'll also be going to USAA when my RV arrives. My dealer gave me a quote which included 11% loan rate on a new Vegas 24.1. Ridiculous.

11% ??
Old 05-09-2021, 08:12 PM   #33

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Quote:
Wow 11%... that's crazy.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:50 PM   #34
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by witthuus View Post
11% ??
That's a pretty good return...

... As long as you're on the receiving end of it!
Old 05-09-2021, 10:02 PM   #35

State: Georgia
THOR #21919
Just to prove, don't trust a dealer. Yes they said 11% on a new RV loan. No, I am not letting them run my credit.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:03 PM   #36
Site Team

THOR #7035
Old 09-17-2021, 05:17 PM   #37

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Just to prove, don't trust a dealer. Yes they said 11% on a new RV loan. No, I am not letting them run my credit.
Its called an option contract.
When people wouldnt let me run their credit or said they could beat my charges, I wrote them at 18.81(12 add-on)% with an option to bring in their own financing. If they didn't because they lied about their credit or credit union or something, I cashed their contract.

The 11% was probably to get you off your tail and working on getting them their money.

Punchline:
If you all are DAMN SURE about financing, or rich aunt matilda finally dying, or the lawsuit paying off, or that back disability check being authorized, or your son selling his first rap video(you wouldnt believe the Crap I heard on the options I cashed out) sign the option and take the rv home.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:23 PM   #38

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I'll stop short of saying its federal law
But
Many states have refund policies on extended warranties that are 100% in the consumers favor.
If
You blow a $10,000 engine in the first month of your warranty or the 11 month or any, the company refunds you the unused time/miles regardless of their outlay. First to the lender, then to you if your vehicle is paid off.

75 bucks tranferred the $7,500 warranty to me for my 3 month old used 24.1
I could have cancelled and pocketed 81/84ths of That $7,500.
I did not cancel.

(This was posted because of the folks who said they didn't read their contract when they signed. Maybe those folks didn't cancel the contract and it may still have time/money on it, and they can cancel it TODAY. I HATE to spell it out...but it might need spelled out....)

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:34 PM   #39
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
I gotta give the "good" folks at General RV credit: they've got a HUGE pair of balls!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote