Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2021, 04:32 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Angry General RV Smudged Contracts

SLC General RV location is in the news for what appears to be altered RV contracts after the purchase documents were signed. Utah Motor Vehicle Enforcement Division is giving them a very close look. Here is the link to the Fox 13 Utah news investigation.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/fox-13...-at-general-rv

Old 05-04-2021, 04:53 AM   #2

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
THOR #15943
Yes indeed-saw that myself last night.
Gary

GVP
Old 05-04-2021, 08:26 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20808
Is this just a Utah problem? Not sure I have ever seen this on any of my contracts of course never purchased in Utah.... regardless the final bank documents are the final say.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:22 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
This points to one more reason to take pictures of each document.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:26 PM   #5

State: Alabama
THOR #22687
Wow. Waiting to see have this plays out.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:08 AM   #6

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
It wouldn't surprise me that a dealership would lie, cheat or out right steal from a customer. I had to file a complaint with TxDMV to get my license plates from the Camping World in New Braunfels.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:15 AM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
What was the cause of the problem?
Old 05-05-2021, 12:16 AM   #8
MLM

Model: F E 24 HE
State: North Carolina
THOR #23152
[QUOTE=Lt Keefer;290821]It wouldn't surprise me that a dealership would lie, cheat or out right steal from a customer. I had to file a complaint with TxDMV to get my license plates from the Camping World in New Braunfels.[/QUOTE

Not the great state of Texas I Purchased mine in March in Richmond Virginia I live in North Carolina still waiting on plates
Old 05-05-2021, 12:56 AM   #9
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
What was the cause of the problem?
The way I understand it folks thought they were getting a 240 month loan but in actuality they got a 119 month loan with a ballon payment due on month 120. There monthly payments were calculated on 240 months so they were basically half of what they should be.

Like I said before at the General RV in Richmond management, sales, finance and prep have a lot to be desired. Service is good.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:58 AM   #10
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
that pretty much sucks crap through a straw...
Old 05-05-2021, 02:00 AM   #11

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Terrible thing to happen.

Paul
Old 05-05-2021, 02:07 AM   #12

Model: Accolade 37L
State: Arkansas
THOR #13243
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post

Like I said before at the General RV in Richmond management, sales, finance and prep have a lot to be desired. Service is good.

Was in the Richmond General RV store this past Saturday attempting to order a 2022 Accolade 37L. The saleswoman called the factory rep at his home to let me ask him about changes to the 2022 vice 2021. He was very informative but said, with no uncertainty, that the 2022 MSRP was not yet established.

The saleswoman worked up the order and took it to the sales manager and came back with a figure over $30k more than the 2021 MSRP. When I asked her where he got that MSRP, she went and got him and he flat out told me that he got it from the "factory rep just now". When I informed him that I had just spoke to the factory rep (Kevin? Keith?) his jaw dropped and he looked at her and she nodded her head.

With this blatant lie, there was no need to even start negotiating. I know MSRP isn't really relevant anyways but I won't be lied to like I'm an idiot as I can order from someone that's either more honest or a better liar.

He emailed me within an hour but General RV of Richmond won't get my $200k+. I feel sorry for the saleswoman but there's little I can do about that.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:38 PM   #13

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyFluffer View Post
Was in the Richmond General RV store this past Saturday attempting to order a 2022 Accolade 37L. The saleswoman called the factory rep at his home to let me ask him about changes to the 2022 vice 2021. He was very informative but said, with no uncertainty, that the 2022 MSRP was not yet established.

The saleswoman worked up the order and took it to the sales manager and came back with a figure over $30k more than the 2021 MSRP. When I asked her where he got that MSRP, she went and got him and he flat out told me that he got it from the "factory rep just now". When I informed him that I had just spoke to the factory rep (Kevin? Keith?) his jaw dropped and he looked at her and she nodded her head.

With this blatant lie, there was no need to even start negotiating. I know MSRP isn't really relevant anyways but I won't be lied to like I'm an idiot as I can order from someone that's either more honest or a better liar.

He emailed me within an hour but General RV of Richmond won't get my $200k+. I feel sorry for the saleswoman but there's little I can do about that.
Wow, just wow.
Old 05-05-2021, 02:02 PM   #14
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campnjoe View Post
Wow, just wow.
I agree...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:55 AM   #15

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
THOR #15943
Here's the follow up story from yesterday:

Gary
GVP
Old 05-06-2021, 10:31 AM   #16

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I bought my last coach at General RV in Canton, OH. My loan was though Bank of America and I had other loans through them so I could easily log in and see my loan documents. I wanted a loan with no pre-payment penalties, etc. There were no issues with my loan.

One of the reasons I purchased with General was the multiple locations across the country and their "Keep You Camping Policy" where they will perform same day service for issues that prevent you from using the coach.

That being said.... I'm not a fan of their service in Ohio.

One thing I did not check duing my PDI were the tire pressures. I just assumed that was one thing they would get right. When I got home and checked the pressures all 6 tires were seriously under-inflated. It was clear they never checked the pressures; especially because one of the inner tire flexible valve extensions was not working so I could not add air top to it. I had to take the outer tire off and replace it myself.

Then when I took the coach in for warranty service last summer, they replaced the FireFly G7 mainboard to fix a problem with the A/C control. When I got home I found they did not re-pair any of the wireless multiplex switches with the new control board and display. When I tried to re-pair them, I could not get them to work and it i a simple process. After calling FireFly Support it turns out the new display General installed was defective and need to be replaced. Had the service guys done their jobs properly and try to re-pair the switches they would have learned the display was bad before I picked up the coach. I ended up calling Thor and they worked with FireFly to send me a new diplay so I could install it myself. I was not going to drive another 4 hours roundtrip for General to fix their mistake...... but I did write a letter to the service manager.

There were a few other service issues where there quality of work was not the best as well. This is typical with most RV dealers from my perspective and why i will only deal with Thor for a major issue I cannot handle myself.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:53 AM   #17
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Poor Dealer service seems to be a common theme...
I wonder how much of the blame should be shared with Thor?
Old 05-06-2021, 01:02 PM   #18
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Poor Dealer service seems to be a common theme...
I wonder how much of the blame should be shared with Thor?
Things not right from the factory primarily Thor but also dealer for not inspecting and repairing prior to sale. Things that happen on the lot due to time sitting (tire pressures, battery charge) strictly the dealer.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:08 PM   #19
Site Team

THOR #1469
My loan through General is with Us Bank, RV and Marine. Also no prepayment and docs and loan info on-line.

Issue seems to be isolated to one location and one financial institution. Higher sales commission for the finance guy maybe. They didn’t mention if it was one or more people in the finance office. Richmond has about three or four finance folks.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:11 PM   #20
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Things not right from the factory primarily Thor but also dealer for not inspecting and repairing prior to sale. Things that happen on the lot due to time sitting (tire pressures, battery charge) strictly the dealer.
Good assessment...