Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2017, 07:45 PM   #21
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Nick View Post
The good news is we picked up our 2018 Windsport

The bad part was even with the Safe-T-plus steering control installed...it was terrible trying to keep that thing straight...Constantly moving steering wheel! Maybe an alignment will help once I get it loaded...[emoji15] Attachment 5563
We bought our Axis in January 2016. Ron had it aligned, etc. in the spring of last year before we made any trips. He was not happy with the handling, but wanted to wait until he felt it was broken in.
This spring, Ron installed Sumo Springs to replace the bump stops on our Axis.
We have made 2 long trips this summer and he is happy with the handling...I drove the Axis for the first time , last week, as he would not let me drive it until he was satisfied with the handling. I was totally comfortable behind the wheel...albeit we were on a looooong straight stretch of I70 in western KS ... feels good, even in the wind !
Ron has not installed the Safety Plus.

Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:49 PM   #22

Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Alaska
THOR #7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Ron installed Sumo Springs to replace the bump stops on our Axis.
We have made 2 long trips this summer and he is happy with the handling...I drove the Axis for the first time since we bought it, last week, as he would not let me drive it until he was satisfied with the handling. I was totally comfortable behind the wheel...albeit we were on a looooong straight stretch of I70 in western KS ... feels good, even in the wind !
Funny!...when we got ours I told my wife she will be driving when we get to Kansas!!!!
Old 07-14-2017, 08:38 PM   #23
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Nick View Post
Funny!...when we got ours I told my wife she will be driving when we get to Kansas!!!!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:15 AM   #24

State: California
THOR #9959
What specifically did you not like about the Synergy 24 TT?? I am negotiating the purchase on one.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:02 PM   #25

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthery View Post
What specifically did you not like about the Synergy 24 TT?? I am negotiating the purchase on one.
First off be frugal on the price you pay to buy your Synergy 24tt. With proper negation you can drive away with the Mercedes chassis RV for under $80,000 plus tax. Yep lists out at up to $150,000 but a good shopper/negoatiator can do it. The Synergy tt24 is an awesome road vehicle. I have owned other RV's but nothing drives as good as the Mercedes chassis. I experienced a plethora of quality issues with mine and it's a 2017. Here is a list of past or present issues. If you need further detail on anything just ask.

Power control switch
Roof leaking
Bath door magnet pulled off
Dash radio reception good parked terrible driving
Coach door becoming misaligned
Interior molding at truck to coach joint cracked
Low point drain in really dumb inaccessible place
Water filter in really dumb inaccessible place
Handles pulling off bath doors
Microwave use requires you to get on your knees
Exterior storage door alignment

Buy Remi Shades from a Winnebago dealer, expensive but so worth it. Gives you quick easy front cab privacy and a feeling of more room when camping.

We bought this July and have had it on the road this summer for almost 4 weeks. Made trips from Northwest Indiana to Texas, Wyoming and South Dakota. The chassis is flawless and even though we bought this because the wife would not drive the former 33' RV I only gave up the wheel for maybe 3 hours total all summer. It really is comfortable to drive. Do I like it? Yes I do, I actually love it. I am however very disappointed in all the quality repair issues I have been through and still need attention. I'm telling you now, if you have to pay somebody to comb through absolutely everything in and on the RV do it. The dealer will fix everything before you take delivery and maybe a few days after. Beyond that you will wait weeks-months for the dealer to fix stuff and many many months for Thor company repairs in Elkhart. In fact Thor quoted me 3-4 months before the next available appointment. If you don't want to end up pissed off like I was (and it ruins your fun and makes you feel stupid for spending so much money on junk) be willing to fix minor stuff yourself. No, it's not fair or right but you will feel better in the end.

I like the king bed set up in the rear. We have small dogs and they love it too. I pull a golf cart or Harley most of the time and you can't really tell you're pulling anything. The rear camera view is real handy as are the side cameras which I also highly recommend. Careful rotating the drivers seat, the wiring harness breaks and we had to have it fixed. With this diesel you'll get around 6,000 miles before you have to refill the DEF.

I wash it and wax it and love the way it looks. We ordered it without the "Synergy" lettering emblazoned on all four sides. (Yep the factory left them off) It's Ming Blue although it's really such a dark blue/grey it's almost black.

We get lots of attention at campgrounds and filling stations. We parked on the beach at South Padre Island Texas and several people stopped and wanted to know what we had and where we got it. Lots of compliments all the time so that kind of offset all the bull rap we had to get fixed.

Good luck on your purchase. If I can help further just ask.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #26

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
Welcome to the world of MH ownership! Coming from a background of pulling fivers I never dreamed that most of these gas MH's handled like a wallowing pig on the highway.

You will probably now embark on some research involving the CHF (cheap handling fix), sway bars, Sumo springs, or air bags. I predict in the next several months your will drop somewhere between $600 and $3,000 into your suspension upgrades.

Indeed. Get the SumoSprings. They are worth every penny and REALLY improve the handling.