Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2018, 03:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Illinois
THOR #7085
A good news thread!!

I'm SO Happy to be able to write a positive comment!! We're Home from our 3000 mile, 11 night trip to the 4 Corners/Bears Ears area in our '18 Miramar 35.2. Yes, we hit a few "speed bumps" along the way, but in general, Everything performed like it should!! What a relief when the slides worked each time( I still hold my breath!), and the biggest problem is our front shade won't work. At least we were able to roll it up and secure it with..duct tape..ha. Oh, did I forget to mention the windshield cracked on the 4th AM when a truck kicked up a rock? At least it isn't in the line of vision, and it hasn't grown since. We did use the AC and furnace on the same day in Fairplay, Co(elevation about 10K) when we had a snow/rain combo to wake up to!
Yes, the mountain passes were a challenge, but the Effing Bus did its job while in Tow/Haul mode!! We passed thru the Rockies a couple times, and 45 mph seemed to be a happy speed thru the passes. On the highway, the engine purred along at about 2400rpm and 70-74 MPH.
All in all, we had a GREAT time even with 3 Border Collies, and we're thinkin' of what the next one will be....

Old 09-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #2

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Sounds like it a great trip. I'm not too worried about most things in the coach but touching the slide button gives me fever and diarrhea. It's like Russian Roulette...every time!!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:36 PM   #3

Model: Thor Tuscany 40DX
State: Colorado
THOR #5043
Interested in what you found at the Bears Ears? Did you find a place to camp/park? We're scheduled to go there the first of October.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:43 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Congratulations on the successful completion of a memorable trip!
...And you even have a few stories to tell about it also... (But not TOO many!)
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:02 PM   #5

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Illinois
THOR #7085
the short version being: Came thru Wolf Creek Pass..be careful!! we rented a vehicle in Durango then camped at Mesa Verde,then to Bluff, Utah for 4 nites. As our base camp, it worked REALLY good for us! We put about 600 miles on the SUV we rented! Hoevenweep, Natural Bridges, 4 Corners, Valley of the Gods, Muley POINT..(A MUST!!...Monument Valley in the background), and Goosenecks State Park. And even alittle self exploring around Butler Wash for uncharted ruins and petroglyphs. Feel free to message me if you'd like more info.
Michael
Old 09-19-2018, 08:20 PM   #6

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Glad you had a great time!!!

Find a windshield repair shop quickly, the crack WILL grow! The shop will drill a small hole at each end of the crack to stop it from growing and then inject a glue that cures with UV light to strengthen the glass. Don’t wait to have the windshield repaired, heating and cooling will eventually make the crack worse!
Old 09-19-2018, 09:58 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Yup! When they do let go: it's never going to be at a convenient time!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:43 AM   #8

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartzees View Post
the short version being: Came thru Wolf Creek Pass..be careful!! we rented a vehicle in Durango then camped at Mesa Verde,then to Bluff, Utah for 4 nites. As our base camp, it worked REALLY good for us! We put about 600 miles on the SUV we rented! Hoevenweep, Natural Bridges, 4 Corners, Valley of the Gods, Muley POINT..(A MUST!!...Monument Valley in the background), and Goosenecks State Park. And even alittle self exploring around Butler Wash for uncharted ruins and petroglyphs. Feel free to message me if you'd like more info.
Michael
You get to ride the Cumbres to Toltec train?