Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2014, 03:09 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #669
Thor rep contact?

New owner here...just a week or two...how long before I'm supposed to be getting contact from a Thor rep? Was I supposed to do something? I had thought hey had some great concierge or something? Days? Weeks?

Old 03-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #2

Model: Astoria 36MQ
State: New Jersey
THOR #434
It'll take a little while. If I recall correctly, after 2 months, I recieved a written letter/survey. Maybe 2 weeks after I returned that, I recieved a call.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:57 PM   #3

THOR #669
Thanks! that is great. Just didn't want to get worried...i'll be patient.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:30 AM   #4

Model: Daybreak 32HD
State: Texas
THOR #1188
Two years a waiting, even wrote them a letter, never replied. So much for Customer Service.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:17 PM   #5

Model: Challenger 37GT
State: Louisiana
THOR #625
It took about a month or so before the Thor Rep called us......she was on vacation!!!!!! I too have spoken to customer service......waste of time. Thor definitely doesn't live up to their bragging about being the best....Worst customer service and poorest Quality Control I have ever seen......I don't think I will ever buy another Thor product again just because of this very thing.
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
MRS JARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #6

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
5 months and waiting.... NOT.
It did cross my mind a time or two that for such a major purchase it would have been a nice gesture to have a concierge call or something..... just a little walk through of customer care options, follow-up after the sale, or whatever.....
Nothing....
Well I did get some sort of form letter in the mail. does that count?
Old 10-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #7

Model: Challenger 37GT
THOR #625
I think what burns me up so much about the whole Thor thing is that they just don't give a care.....I truly believe that. If so, why are so many customers NOT getting any results from letters sent or phone calls. Why are there so many problems with their rigs if QC is so great.......The first time I brought my rig back to the dealership (one week after we bought it) there was a list of about 32 different things.....Some small but a few big......ie:leveler leaking hydraulic fluid, water pump not working, fantastic fan not working, electric shade over front window not working, molding coming loose, leaking around shower, recliner bottom bent and would not recline, etc. The dealership kept my rig for 2 months.....2nd time we brought it in another list of about 18 things......This is ridiculous......3rd time a list of 5 things, one being the shower leaking and coming out bottom of rig, and front cap of rig has a large crack in fiberglass under the bottom. This 4th time(which is at the dealership as we speak) 5 more things and one major water leak around front windshield!!!! REALLY!!!! Now, if their QC was so great and Thor was so great, why in the heck are we having such major problems.......Frustration has set in a long time ago with this rig. We have a 2015 Challenger....and this is the best they can produce??????? Very very disappointed!!!!!!
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
MRS JARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #8

THOR #908
I just took a call from a guy at Thor. I suspect as a result of this thread.
Anyway, it was "Just a general follow-up call".
Regardless, Thanks Mike if you are reading this....

Interestingly enough, he says he talked with me before..... I just don't remember it.... but perhaps it was so soon after I bought and he caught me a day when I was busy so my head might have been swimming....

Anyway, it was good timing since I dropped my coach off just yesterday for warranty work.
I had been saving up a list of little things that i didn't want to tackle myself, but the big triggers that made me do it now was
a) leaking tail lights were rotting my back wall
b) my living room TV went INOP
So his call was good timing, was able to walk through my list of issues with him, he committed to calling the dealer and "see what he could do" to expedite.....

Hey, customer follow-up is good, right? At least a step in the right direction.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:23 PM   #9
Administrator

Brand: Airstream
Model: Overlander
State: Washington
THOR #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I just took a call from a guy at Thor. I suspect as a result of this thread.
Anyway, it was "Just a general follow-up call".
Regardless, Thanks Mike if you are reading this....

Awesome! Nice to see this. Sometimes on forums we tend to focus on the problems and not the successes. Hoping you have a good outcome
Old 11-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #10

Model: 2015 Tuscany 40EX
State: South Dakota
THOR #1260
Question Just a welcome call

Got a Welcome hello to the Thor family and we are here for you.. that was 1 1/2 mos after. That Thor is happy you have joined our family and you will receive a letter in a couple of weeks & a survey. 3mos later nothing. She also did not give me any #'s to call nothing, maybe because I told her Thor has a big problem with CS & QC.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #11
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Been contacted by Thor twice (3-times if you count the recall letter I received recently).
1st time was the "welcome to Thor" call about 2 months after purchase. They directed me to the website if I should have any problems (Motorhome Owners Links | Thor Motor Coach #1 Brand of Motorhomes | Diesel Pushers,Class A,Class B,& Class C RV s).
2nd time surprised me: I had submitted a question through the above website about something on the dash. About a month later (after I forgot all about the question) I got a call..!?
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:29 PM   #12

THOR #1260
Thor by e-mail service etc

I had sent 4 e-mails weeks apart never a word for the past 4mo's nothing. So I sent an e-mail last mo to the suggestion and told them it would be nice if buyers e-mails were answered. month later got an answer will pass them on.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #13

Model: Daybreak 32HD
THOR #1188
I think if you have a lot of issues they do not call. Don't want to hear about all the problems. I've had my Thor 2 years and have never had a call from Thor CS and of course I've had many major problems from day one.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #14

THOR #1260
nightmare

Its like when you are ordering and buying, dealers are like fly's once money is in hand never hear from them again or the factory who built it. "You are out of sight out of mind"

I have a major problem since Sunday, worked with a factory tech who could not fix it. Told us to find someone who will come out. We are stuck in a park with 1 slide out and 2 in and no action yet from the mobile service or Thor.

Nice.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:59 PM   #15

THOR #894
QC sucks at Thor and customer service seems to tell you what you want to hear. We have had so many major issues with our 40RX that I have nicknamed it the Lemon. All of our issues have been ongoing since February and some of the little things have been fixed, but the major issues have not. They say they expedite parts, not true. I have called them about parts and they said they were waiting for a part that was backordered, well why not send out the parts you have so those items can be fixed. Still waiting on parts. Our coach has been in the repair shop every month since we purchased it in February. When you spend this much money you expect it to be quality. I think they are only worried about quantity.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #16

Model: ACE 30.3
THOR #1291
I returned the questionnaire but never received a call from THOR...and when I called them regarding a warranty issue I got a rather "cold" reception.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #17

Model: Citation 29TB
THOR #1019
Bought my Citation in August. Have not heard a peep from Thor.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #18

THOR #908
A follow-up to my 10/21 post....
I took a call from Thor approx 4 months after purchase.... and lucky timing that it was the day after I dropped it off at the dealership for work to be done....

I have continued to be in contact with the rep at thor.
It has mostly been me calling him for an update, but still, he has always been familiar with my case when i call. I honestly believe he has made efforts to rattle the cages down at the dealership to keep things rolling..... or at least he did at first.
Also, Thor has driven efforts seemingly anyway, to do it correctly and to not cheap out on it. I'm honestly not sure if this is a good or bad thing though.... but that's a long story....

The Camping World dealership is a different story. i don't believe much of anything has been done on their end. i keep asking for a timeline of repairs which is met with empty promises to get back to me.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #19

Model: Citation 29TB
THOR #1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
Bought my Citation in August. Have not heard a peep from Thor.
I got a call from a Thor rep yesterday. Had a good discussion about my purchase and issues. She said I would be getting a survey any day now.
About 30 minutes later Thor Customer Support called me about taking care of the issues I told the rep about.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #20

THOR #1316
We have been an owner of a 2015 Siesta for a month. I received an email from Thor after I sent an email about the problems of my coach that should have been checked before people take delivery. I have not been able to talk, but she did give me a number to call. She wanted to know if my problems where being taken care of. Well, my husband went after he RV, it is not completely fixed the reason they have to order so many things. You know if you sell something you should know what is wrong before you sell it. And after owning so many RVs I kick myself for not picking up on it. Buyer be ware. Look at every little detail. Do not let anything go. I watched a TV program with a different RV maker and after it was so called fixed here comes a man with a clip board and a bunch of colored stickers. He marked everything wrong and each person knew their color of sticker and they took care of the problems. So, why is this not happening at
Thor? I am really upset waiting for my husband to get home with the RV. I will probably go crazy when I see the things not fixed. I am a Pastor but I don't have to be run over.'