Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2020, 03:05 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Good time to sell your RV

I recently looked at a couple of dealer trade-ins and WOW has my Vegas 24.1 value gone up. I was offered 15k to 20K more than this past summer. I checked NADA and same same. Granted I was looking at some larger used gas models and Ive been told the 24.1 is a good seller.

All in all the dealers are out of new RV motor homes. The lots are full of 5th wheels and trailers.

If you are thinking to sell, now is a good time!

Old 12-28-2020, 03:10 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
This shouldn't surprise anyone. Since demand is up: so are the prices.
Old 12-28-2020, 03:21 PM   #3

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
If I thought the DW wouldn’t divorce me, I’d think about selling the Magnitude to make a profit and then wait for prices to fall after COVID and after a bunch of people who jumped in decided this lifestyle wasn’t for them after and but another one then.

But a good divorce attorney would chew up the profits I made selling the coach. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
Old 12-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #4

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Of course it also will cost more for your replacement coach if you are planning to stay in the RV lifestyle. Sadly the same problem exists for fixed houses. We were consider moving this year but now I think we’ll stay put.

Good luck with your transition.
Old 12-28-2020, 03:39 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
If I thought the DW wouldn’t divorce me, I’d think about selling the Magnitude to make a profit and then wait for prices to fall after COVID and after a bunch of people who jumped in decided this lifestyle wasn’t for them after and but another one then.

But a good divorce attorney would chew up the profits I made selling the coach. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
I'm gonna stay put for the same reason...
Old 12-28-2020, 04:41 PM   #6

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
A year from now all the "1-year new RVs" that were blindly purchased by Virus induced non-RVers will become available.
Plus, by summer, the RV manufacturing plants will be up & running at 100% and churning out new one's.

There will be lots to choose from at discounted prices.

Just be patient...
Old 12-28-2020, 04:48 PM   #7

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
.................Sadly the same problem exists for fixed houses. We were consider moving this year but now I think we’ll stay put.
Good luck with your transition.
A year or less from now, lots of homes will be available at reduced prices
If you shop right and come ready to purchase, deals will be there

The Virus has created missed-mortgage payments by landlords due to rental property eviction moratoriums in many markets

Soon it'll be time to pay the piper and, sadly for many, there won't be cash to do so
Old 12-28-2020, 09:47 PM   #8

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
I saw where my dealer (La Mesa) is selling and has listed online the 2021 version of my coach for almost 45k more than I paid a year ago

I figure I could sell and pocket $30k, but then what? Pay more in taxes and cut it down in profits and then start all over to find what? I have already checked, I got exactly what I want so; I will sit on it because I think the depreciation will be in my favor for next 3 - 4 years.

Similar happened when we bought our Signature 29 Chaparral (boat). It was less than 1 year old; I bought it from a divorcing couple that wanted to urgently liquidate that boat, I got it $.40 on the $ We kept the boat 15 years, and when we sold it, it was very close to same price we paid to get it new
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:05 PM   #9

THOR #6513
Sell now..........Buy later
Old 12-28-2020, 10:14 PM   #10

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDS View Post
Sell now..........Buy later
I have been waiting years to get this clip in on a thread.. and I am not gonna screw around and let Bob beat me to it

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 12-28-2020, 11:02 PM   #11
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I bow to your sense of timeliness!
Old 12-28-2020, 11:35 PM   #12

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Y’all probably right about selling now and buying later but I’m just now getting the new bugs out of my machine and getting some essential mods done.I don’t think I want to start over. And I KNOW DW doesn’t want to go through all that again!!
Old 12-28-2020, 11:49 PM   #13

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Y’all probably right about selling now and buying later but I’m just now getting the new bugs out of my machine and getting some essential mods done.I don’t think I want to start over. And I KNOW DW doesn’t want to go through all that again!!
I am with you. Took me too long to find this baby and it is just too nice a change of pace to sell now.

I had a after 1 year plan to take my coach to Car Toys and spend a few grand to upgrade my sound systems. Found out it was a simple DIY replacement of the two front speakers with Alpines with power that will just blow you away with only two speakers!!! Those factory Jenson were just 12W peak

Then I got bold. Once I finally figured how to get that main 40" TV off the wall, I decided to go with a Vizio Soundbar with built in subwoofer & bluetooth. I needed the TV down; so I could fish the wiring behind the TV to get on same AC power line as Inverter. But funny thing happened. When putting it all back together the Insignia TV would not come back on I must have bang something; but no worries never thought warranty, bought the best quality Samsung I could find that would fit, actually 1 1/2" larger screen Now I have incredible quality & sound for around $400 bucks. (note: it took me a few hours to custom cut the OEM TV mount so it would fit the Samsung but I got it. Maybe next year I will replace the outside TV with 40" Samsung
Old 12-28-2020, 11:55 PM   #14

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
RULE NUMBER ONE: Boats, Motorcycles, RV's and Wives should never be sold without first having already replaced them.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:18 AM   #15

THOR #6513
Cool guys! Hope you all had a merry Christmas
Old 12-29-2020, 01:06 AM   #16
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
A year from now all the "1-year new RVs" that were blindly purchased by Virus induced non-RVers will become available.
Plus, by summer, the RV manufacturing plants will be up & running at 100% and churning out new one's.

There will be lots to choose from at discounted prices.

Just be patient...
And that is nothing more than pure speculation based on no facts what so ever.

That statement is as factual as the one that says after the virus all workers will be back in the office and teleworking will come to an end.

In both situations, it's not gonna happen.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:27 AM   #17
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
RULE NUMBER ONE: Boats, Motorcycles, RV's and Wives should never be sold without first having already replaced them.
Amen!
...Wives?
Old 12-29-2020, 01:28 AM   #18

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Amen!
...Wives?
It's always good to keep spares around for significant parts, right?
Old 12-29-2020, 02:06 AM   #19
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
When you put it that way...
Mine could use a pair of kidneys, and a pair of lungs, a colon, a stomach, and lymphatic system that are tumor-free!
Old 12-29-2020, 02:12 PM   #20

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
I think inflation is going to be a factor going forward in a couple years

Lower price point RV's will no doubt be cheaper next year due to folks dropping out of RV life and others wanting a better more complex RV

Replacement cost could get interesting so if I liked my RV selling wouldn't even be a thought

Taxes and fees alone are a huge factor for mid and higher RV's

Other than a home it seems to me a very risky time to do any long term borrowing