Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2019, 12:54 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #15383
I agree about poor products and/or vendors. I know my Thor ACE isn't the top brand and I have had furnace problems($3000 on repairs) and still doesn't work right, but with all the bumps and road bouncing its surprising anything works.

Old 06-12-2019, 01:10 PM   #22

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by super stock racer View Post
Race cars are worse--we own 2, one just got a new engine, the other all new wiring and a new motor mounts to replace the broken ones--, do all the work ourselves, thats half the fun-- We have a Thor super c and it tows our race trailer like it wasn't there ,trailer is about 9500 lbs fully loaded, best rv we have owned

DITTO!!!! Mine will pull the fire out of Hell!!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:48 PM   #23

Brand: Keystone
Model: Cougar 30 RLS 5th wheel
State: Colorado
THOR #2204
We had TT's (3) in the beginning. Liked them, then let myself get talked
in a MH. Wife fell in love with the Thor Hurricane 34E sleeps 7 and has
a bath and a half. Great we have 5 grandkids. In the 3 years we owned
it never had more than 2 of the grandkids at a time.

Wife hated how it rode in the winds of Wyoming. I just flat did not like
driving it. Had it 3 years (took the last year to sell it).

After it sold we bought a Dodge Ram 3500 diesel truck and last October
we purchased a Keystone Cougar 30RLS (34 feet long).

I'm very happy with my truck and trailer. Both handle well and mileage
has gone from 6-7 in MH to 10 - 11 with truck/trailer.
I like to wander and I'm not lost!
Phil Saran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:49 PM   #24
z28

Model: ACE 30.3
THOR #9536
We have a stock eliminator car and tow it with our ACE 2018 and a 24 ft Haulmark about 8000 lbs.It’s like it’s not even there. I am completely satisfied with my Thor ACE.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:09 AM   #25

Model: Thor Outlaw RB Class A
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #9086
Sidewalls/ Thor Outlaw 37RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
What sort of timeframe are you looking at; before you begin shopping again?
Tiffin's Allegro Breeze is a really great-looking little diesel-pusher!
I also would like to say good bye to Thor. I have a 2017Outlaw 37RB bought new that has front sidewalls separating from the floor. Thor and my least favorite RV place Camping World say I was in a n accident which caused the separation and the front bracket support weld to fracture. The only “accident “ I had was to scrape a railroad tie at a RV Park which scratched the front flange on the R side. My dashboard shakes like a fish out of water and I haven’t had side view and back up cameras for over a year. 5 screws were snapped off on the right side and CW would not tell me about the drivers side. I found another RB owner that has similar issues. Bought new and not in an accident. He only had 2 screws in the 5’ front R side wall. Are there any other Outlaw owners with similar problems? I could go on with more issues but I would be posting this in several days. Quality is a word that is not in Thor ‘s factory.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:52 AM   #26

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark8384 View Post
I also would like to say good bye to Thor. I have a 2017Outlaw 37RB bought new that has front sidewalls separating from the floor. Thor and my least favorite RV place Camping World say I was in a n accident which caused the separation and the front bracket support weld to fracture. The only “accident “ I had was to scrape a railroad tie at a RV Park which scratched the front flange on the R side. My dashboard shakes like a fish out of water and I haven’t had side view and back up cameras for over a year. 5 screws were snapped off on the right side and CW would not tell me about the drivers side. I found another RB owner that has similar issues. Bought new and not in an accident. He only had 2 screws in the 5’ front R side wall. Are there any other Outlaw owners with similar problems? I could go on with more issues but I would be posting this in several days. Quality is a word that is not in Thor ‘s factory.
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:24 AM   #27

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
I say again, I LOVE my THOR Miramar!
Old 06-16-2019, 11:27 AM   #28

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
And we LOVE our Hurricane.
2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:31 AM   #29

Model: 2016 A.C.E. 30.1
State: South Carolina
THOR #5641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attitude View Post
I didn't know Thor made a/c units?
Quote:
Originally Posted by super stock racer View Post
When i had my forest river trailer and the ac went out, i didn't blame forest river as they didn't make the ac unit. I have had 3 different brand rv's and each had minor problems, just fix them and move on and enjoy rving.............
I know that Thor didn’t make the A/C, and I know there will be problems with any new MH, but after talking to that Thor Rep on how much the quality improved and then having a major item like the A/C not to work just tells me that Thor hasn’t made as much progress as he says. I don’t think it’s to much to expect major items like the A/C to work when leaving the factory. It really doesn’t help their image when things like this happen. Doesn’t help CW’s (where we did the test drive) image either.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:55 PM   #30

Model: Windsport 29m
THOR #9553
If you got a Fleetwood you got a great coach. I wanted a Flair but the shower was tiny and the better ones were a little out of my price range. Our Windsport 29 m is perfect for us but it has had several issues. CW and Thor have been wonderful in fixing everything but I'm ready to RV without going to get things fixed in between trips....anybody have an "Amen" out there??? Lol
Old 06-17-2019, 02:04 PM   #31

THOR #9553
I agree with who said QC was slack with Thor. Too many things are found after the sale and that reflects on not enough care given to testing every single coach that rolls out of production. Better to flag a unit and fix at the facility than cover up CW or other dealers with stupid repairs!!!!!! I'd pay more for a coach with better reviews than get "A deal".
Old 06-17-2019, 05:49 PM   #32

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
I'll give you an 'amen' knucklehead. One of my main gripes has always been the between trip repairs required on my Hurricane. And before someone says Thor doesn't make A/C or reefers, the repairs I have had to make are always 'box' related. Things like pieces of molding falling off, TV cables not connected, obvious fails during the Thor build. On my last trip of 3500 miles I only had one piece of molding fall off and one non-Thor LED burn out in the running lights. I'll say the bugs are working out, so it does get better.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:02 AM   #33

Model: Axis 25.3
THOR #13282
Don't say that, just wear armor when you reach under the dash so the extra long drywall screws don't get ya ! Oh, and I have stopped the slide and windshield water leaks, parked it under cover...
2016 Axis 24. ? Great chassis an drivetrain under 65 mph, 63 is just right for her.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:26 AM   #34

THOR #9553
Mine too Bill. I use the scan guage and it's awesome!!!