Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2015, 05:40 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany
State: South Dakota
THOR #819
Extended warranty

has anyone bought extended warranty through Route 66?, anyone happy with said company? We had an issue with them from first month, usual answer, "we do not cover that"!. This week our front step broke and became unsafe to use, had to clamp it down to use, and after contacting Route 66 and told they do not cover that, I ask them, "so what the hell do you cover?", there was a quiet pause and person on the other end finally spoke again with same responds, they do not cover that. We are canceling warranty and will go with better company. My suggestion, STAY AWAY from Route 66, they are biggest shysters I have run across.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:33 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8545 View Post
has anyone bought extended warranty through Route 66?, anyone happy with said company? We had an issue with them from first month, usual answer, "we do not cover that"!. This week our front step broke and became unsafe to use, had to clamp it down to use, and after contacting Route 66 and told they do not cover that, I ask them, "so what the hell do you cover?", there was a quiet pause and person on the other end finally spoke again with same responds, they do not cover that. We are canceling warranty and will go with better company. My suggestion, STAY AWAY from Route 66, they are biggest shysters I have run across.
Sorry to hear about the problem.

FWIW, my extended warranty is through USA Travel Care and they cover the step, and all components thereof, as part of the convenience package within the coverage.

I have not yet had to file a claim with them so only time will tell.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:52 PM   #3

THOR #819
Thank you for the info, we thought it sounded too good, but fell for it anyway. Take and happy travels!
Old 07-16-2015, 08:21 PM   #4

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Florida
THOR #1499
My wife and I are planning on handling our own extended warranty. I've only gotten quotes from Good Sam, Explorer and Wholesale and all seem quite expensive for $250 deductible. With $500 and $1000 deductible it seems that there would be little coverage after the deductible. Of course we have normal insurance coverage which will cover quite a bit accident and peripheral items. In another post Jody was talking about the water pump leaking and ruining a lot of paneling. If I'm not mistaken, I would think that normal auto/rv insurance, minus deductible, would cover the paneling.

Am I wrong on this idea?

Jeff
Old 07-16-2015, 09:48 PM   #5

THOR #819
I don't know how much auto/RV insurance would cover, but if I put the money spent on warranty, with interest added, it would be enough to cover most fixed. Good luck!