Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-14-2022, 11:57 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #26545
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Propa.../dp/B06Y3HTK8W

But if you're going to tie into the high pressure side with the adapter why use a disconnect? Just get an extension hose:

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Distr.../dp/B07W4YZLLR

The blackstone adapter comes with a 12 foot extension with the connection for the grill on one end and a male quick connector on the other. Just looking for the female end to plum into the line coming out of the regulator .

Old 11-08-2022, 11:46 PM   #42

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Ok, here is a question which grill brands support having a low-pressure connection to RV propane systems? Brands that either sell the appropriate connection hardware and hose or will advise how to do it. For example, Coleman will advise that only the supplied connection is supported. If you ask, they will say you cannot connect their grill to the RV system.

Before anyone starts telling me to tap into my tank before the regulator, just save your fingers. I have been there and done that with poor results. The biggest problem is that the length of hose I need to use to get under my RV to the side where it was convenient to be cooking on resulted in the regulator problems because of oil condensation in the long run of high-pressure hose.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 02:05 AM   #43

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Blackstone sells a great griddle that plugs directly into the coach propane system. You will need to buy the hose that connects to the coach system. Hopefully your coach already has the propane connection and just need the hose and griddle/grill. If you have to run the line yourself, I would suggest having a local rv shop give you an estimate on the cost to the needed hardware.

Paul
Old 11-09-2022, 11:56 AM   #44

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Your Ace 30.3 allegedly has an exterior propane connection. Should be a little flap door just aft of the rr wheels. If so, buy a grill you like (I use a Weber q 1200), remove the regulator from the grill (sure it’ll void the warranty but who cares on a $180 grill), buy the quick connect adaptor for the grill, buy the 10’ quick connect hose, plug er up, enjoy.
Old 11-09-2022, 02:36 PM   #45

THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Your Ace 30.3 allegedly has an exterior propane connection. Should be a little flap door just aft of the rr wheels. If so, buy a grill you like (I use a Weber q 1200), remove the regulator from the grill (sure it’ll void the warranty but who cares on a $180 grill), buy the quick connect adaptor for the grill, buy the 10’ quick connect hose, plug er up, enjoy.
I defiantly have the connection, but not the flap door. Apparently when my unit was built Thor had not yet added the little door so, the connection is just a little to the right of the outdoor kitchen just below the skirt.

Old 11-09-2022, 02:46 PM   #46

THOR #28145
One thing I don't get is that the grill manufacturers should be all over having the ability to connect to the low-pressure gas source. It would be a perfect opportunity to charge more for less. They could either charge an exorbitant price for a "Conversion Kit" or sell their grills as RV connection ready with the correct hose and without a regulator for a higher price.

Old 11-09-2022, 04:05 PM   #47

THOR #17765
There are a couple of cheaply made poor performing grills without a regulator marketed for RV use. As for me, using the male quick connect adaptor nipple from Amazon, took about 10 minutes to remove the Weber q regulator and install the male nipple. I simply plug the 10 hose from Amazon into the Coach, the other into the grill and I’m cooking. BTW - some of the rV ready grills are made to attach to the RV. I prefer tabletop so as not to have heat close to rV.
Old 11-09-2022, 05:29 PM   #48
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-sr@perra-us.net View Post
One thing I don't get is that the grill manufacturers should be all over having the ability to connect to the low-pressure gas source. It would be a perfect opportunity to charge more for less. They could either charge an exorbitant price for a "Conversion Kit" or sell their grills as RV connection ready with the correct hose and without a regulator for a higher price.
Why waste their time and/or money for a few folks that own an RV? Extremely small percentage of grill users.
Old 11-10-2022, 03:54 AM   #49

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
When we downsized from a class A to a class B our wonderful Blackstone was just too big for the limited storage space. Found this marvelous, well made, compact grill that has an available RV connector. It’s not cheap but it does seem to be very well made and is usefully big when open.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4260.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	40079
Old 11-15-2022, 04:07 PM   #50

Model: Vegas 25.1
State: Mississippi
THOR #15327
The old inexpensive Sidekick has served us well. Sixteen years, third rig, 6th Sidekick, it lives in the underneath bin year round. Just clean it up good after every trip.
Old 11-15-2022, 04:26 PM   #51
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinasrig View Post
The old inexpensive Sidekick has served us well. Sixteen years, third rig, 6th Sidekick, it lives in the underneath bin year round. Just clean it up good after every trip.
Looks can be deceiving but it looks like a standard $20 grill with a stand and hose kit (Hose kit not included with grill) and it appears to be out of production.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sidekick.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	40109  
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 04:51 PM   #52

Model: Vegas 25.1
State: Mississippi
THOR #15327
Don't know bought a new one last season for less than $80, guess I'll have to find a new manufacturer when this one bites the dust. The looks are deceiving they do hold up well.
Old 11-16-2022, 01:41 AM   #53

THOR #28145
Slight change of subject, but still Propane related.

I have a 2018 Thor ACE with the propane connector located below the skirt just forward of the outdoor kitchen. From what I can tell it appears that sometime in 2018, after my unit was built Thor added an access door containing the propane connector. I have just realized the location of the propane connector on my unit is a spectacularly bad placement for something hanging down below the coach body. I ended up scraping it through the dirt on my lawn parking at my house. Luckily it was just the grass and barely any contact, besides having to clean the dirt and grass off no damage.

Here is my question. Are there any thoughts on where I should move it to? While it would be nice to install a door like what is on newer units, I am looking for a simpler solution. One thought that occurs to me is moving the connector into the outdoor kitchen. Since I will have the kitchen open while cooking anyway. Any other ideas would be welcome.

I have attached a photo showing the connector location.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/me...cture1891.html

Old 11-16-2022, 02:14 AM   #54

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Slight change of subject, but still Propane related.

I have a 2018 Thor ACE with the propane connector located below the skirt just forward of the outdoor kitchen. From what I can tell it appears that sometime in 2018, after my unit was built Thor added an access door containing the propane connector. I have just realized the location of the propane connector on my unit is a spectacularly bad placement for something hanging down below the coach body. I ended up scraping it through the dirt on my lawn parking at my house. Luckily it was just the grass and barely any contact, besides having to clean the dirt and grass off no damage.

Here is my question. Are there any thoughts on where I should move it to? While it would be nice to install a door like what is on newer units, I am looking for a simpler solution. One thought that occurs to me is moving the connector into the outdoor kitchen. Since I will have the kitchen open while cooking anyway. Any other ideas would be welcome.

I have attached a photo showing the connector location.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/me...cture1891.html
I have a 2021 33.1 and it is on the body just a little higher than yours with a door. Can you just cut a hole in the body and add the door or run it a little farther up front maybe by the wheel and come out by the trim where it won't drag?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2021_ThorMotorCoach_ACE~2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	40117  
Old 11-16-2022, 02:40 AM   #55

THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
I have a 2021 33.1 and it is on the body just a little higher than yours with a door. Can you just cut a hole in the body and add the door or run it a little farther up front maybe by the wheel and come out by the trim where it won't drag?
I am considering that. The one question in my mind would be whether or not Thor will be willing to sell me the parts. I will try but, I will not be surprised if the response id "Thor cannot advise on modifications."

Old 11-16-2022, 03:56 AM   #56
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
I am considering that. The one question in my mind would be whether or not Thor will be willing to sell me the parts. I will try but, I will not be surprised if the response id "Thor cannot advise on modifications."
Thor doesn’t sell parts to owners. They will tell you to contact a dealer.
Old 11-16-2022, 11:28 AM   #57

THOR #17765
I like the idea of running it up to the kitchen. You’ll have to replumb the pipe anyway. Or just move it up. Use a hole saw to cut a hole in the body wall. Go to Fastenal and get black trim to cover the sharp edge. If you keep the plug in the quick connect, you really don’t need the door. But I still like the kitchen ides.
Old 11-16-2022, 01:13 PM   #58

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
THOR #20274
Here is one, ebay
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	s-l400.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	40122  
Old 02-07-2023, 12:11 AM   #59

Model: Sequence 20L
THOR #28919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
When we downsized from a class A to a class B our wonderful Blackstone was just too big for the limited storage space. Found this marvelous, well made, compact grill that has an available RV connector. It’s not cheap but it does seem to be very well made and is usefully big when open.Attachment 40079

I’ve been looking at this. How has it worked for you?
Old 02-07-2023, 12:40 AM   #60

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks701 View Post
I’ve been looking at this. How has it worked for you?

We like it fine. Want to purchase a griddle for it but if seems to get plenty hot, it’s more than big enough for the two of us and it folds up really small. We store it in a plastic tub under the bed in our class B.