Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-25-2021, 03:11 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.2
State: California
THOR #14923
My Bolt lease($200/mo!!) came up last August. I wanted another EV but nothing out there I really wanted yet. Got a 2018 Tiguan to drive until something I really like comes out. MachE, VW ID4, and Ionic5 are in my sights. We have a Touareg TDI for travel.

Unfortunately, someone hit my 2001 Tracker toad this week. It may be totaled. If so, I will look hard at the upcoming Escape PHEV. 30 miles electric (80-90% of my driving) and is flat towable. I hope I’m wrong.

Old 02-25-2021, 03:12 PM   #22

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Nice little battery operated cars. My kids played with those. So do they take 4 AAA’s or those annoying C size batteries?

I prefer the gas guzzling Ford super-crew trucks, Mercedes Benz and BMW autos for style and horsepower. Your battery stuff is ok for commuting or short hops then you have to find a place to plug them in. That is the great deal killer. Distance on a single charge and charge locations. Nice to see some of you buy up the “green new deal” stuff. I would hate to see auto companies stop developing because “they don’t sell very well”. Until battery and power storage reaches a new plateau in science these current electric cars are just overpriced toys. Trouble is when you plug them in you are drawing power from the plant belching pollution and countering your environmental friendly car.

Seems to me electric cars are like mountain oysters. Some people will buy them and love them while others laugh at the thought.

But like Rodney Dangerfield said, “but oh, it looks good on you”.
Couldn't have said it better myself!!!
There's nothing like the sound of a good ole V8 with nice exhaust! I'm sure that thing sounds like Mama's sewing machine or the annoying white noise in an office building.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:32 PM   #23

THOR #7697
2 wheel version

Nice car Jamie. I picked up this 21' Zero SR mid December. (Always been a bike guy, riding and racing since 7 years old & never been without a motorcycle since) We will probably put it on the back of our Axis when we travel replacing the Honda Grom we've been using as our sightseeing/grocery getter. With it's 14.4kw battery it has a hwy range of 100 miles and city range of 225 miles. I can imagine that Mustang would be pretty fun to drive with all the weight as low as possible and the acceleration provided by full torque from a standstill. My Zero SR with it's 116ft of torque has the same 3.3 second 0-60 as my Ducati 848. Anyways enjoy your new ride and thanks for sharing..... Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201220_155230.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	28730   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201220_155105.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	28731  

Old 02-25-2021, 03:39 PM   #24
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Have you got enough miles on that Zero; to get a handle on what the Real-World range is yet?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:41 PM   #25
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdep73 View Post
Nice car Jamie. I picked up this 21' Zero SR mid December. (Always been a bike guy, riding and racing since 7 years old & never been without a motorcycle since) We will probably put it on the back of our Axis when we travel replacing the Honda Grom we've been using as our sightseeing/grocery getter. With it's 14.4kw battery it has a hwy range of 100 miles and city range of 225 miles. I can imagine that Mustang would be pretty fun to drive with all the weight as low as possible and the acceleration provided by full torque from a standstill. My Zero SR with it's 116ft of torque has the same 3.3 second 0-60 as my Ducati 848. Anyways enjoy your new ride and thanks for sharing..... Joe
Sweet. Those Zero's are cool.

Yeah the "not a Mustang" rides like its on rails.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:45 PM   #26

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
congrats on that Ford...and the Zero bike too!

I've been driving an E-tron for about 6 months now...love the car but not so much on the electronics interfaces (phone app, navigation system, etc...). I haven't towed a lot with it, but it tows my boat better than my Silverado did... well except for the range hit!
Anyway, I haven't looked close at them but that Ford looks it'll give stiff competition to Audi!
Old 02-25-2021, 03:49 PM   #27

THOR #7697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Have you got enough miles on that Zero; to get a handle on what the Real-World range is yet?
Only have a few hundred on it thus far Bob due to work & weather unfortunately. I'm on the Zero owner's Facebook group though which has a few thousand members and the consensus is that Zeros advertised rating is pretty darn close. With my limited mileage it seems pretty accurate so far.
Old 02-25-2021, 04:06 PM   #28
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Thanks!
I keep looking, and wondering how much trouble I'd be in...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:26 PM   #29

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I've had a Level-2 (240V) charger (EVSE) since 2013 when I got a Focus Electric.

Yes winter temps take a bite out of EV range. The Guess-O-Meter (what the "distance to empty" meter on an EV is commonly referred to) currently reads about 180 miles for our wonderful 10F degree weather we're having here.

I haven't driven it in the summer yet so don't know that range but I'm fully expecting to get more range than the 305 EPA miles due to the warmer weather.

Jamie, just saw Ford media report on new Mustang electric range and wondered what you think of these numbers? How do they compare to yours, and also, what range are you seeing at real highway speeds? One auto publication tests at steady 75 MPH Freeway speeds and normally gets a range around 20% lower than EPA highway rating. Was curious if you have taken long highway trip yet to get sense of actual range.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...e-edition.html
Old 06-23-2021, 07:01 PM   #30
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Jamie, just saw Ford media report on new Mustang electric range and wondered what you think of these numbers? How do they compare to yours, and also, what range are you seeing at real highway speeds? One auto publication tests at steady 75 MPH Freeway speeds and normally gets a range around 20% lower than EPA highway rating. Was curious if you have taken long highway trip yet to get sense of actual range.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...e-edition.html
Yeah the GT range increase has been all the buzz on the Mach-E forums.

The GT versions haven't gone on sale yet--they are about too (as I recall it wasn't long after mine got the EPA ratings before it went on sale so they are close).

Actually the Mach-E overall has been very good at range mostly meeting EPA range estimates. Many owners are getting the EPA range at 75 mph (yes its summer and ideal weather mostly).

For myself with my mix of about 50/50 highway and local roads it has typically been reporting about 350 miles available at 100% on the guess-o-meter (EPA of 305 for our RWD extended range battery model).

We did take it camping over Memorial weekend which was 200 miles away (I drove the RV wife drove the Mach-E) and even then she arrived at the campground with around 45% charge remaining (that trip was about 150 miles highway and 50 miles on 50 mph side roads but she was following the RV meaning she drove around 70 mph).

Check this out:
https://insideevs.com/reviews/502506...ph-range-test/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote