Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-26-2019, 08:36 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: Texas
THOR #8460
I wouldn't doubt his statement that he blacked out. That can happen after enough consumption of alcohol.......

Old 01-26-2019, 11:15 PM   #22

Model: Newmar
State: Oklahoma
THOR #4495
Insurance

I hope the local police department would have been called claiming reckless driver. If the local department is any good they would have responded to determine if individual was dui or dwi. Good luck
Old 01-26-2019, 11:50 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip 500 View Post
Ended up having to call his insurance carrier and they would not even tell me what type of coverage he has. Though from what I gleaned from the conversation he has just the minimum. Waiting on estimate and authority to proceed with repairs. Our insurance company has only offered us a 20 dollar a day loss of use up to 600 dollars. This should get interesting
The fact that they won't give you specifics on his coverage is pretty normal: the fact that you could figure out his 'minimal" coverage amount is actually startling!
Claims folks are supposed to be better trained than that...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 02:57 AM   #24

State: Arizona
THOR #10885
It is a bit late but I hope this helps.

If this happened to us my first call would be to an attorney. I had an accident and I tried negotiating with two insurance companies which was a nightmare. Turn it over to an experienced attorney who will do all the work and protect your rights with the insurance company.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:46 PM   #25

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #13886
One thing that I didn't see in the OP is that you called the police. The very first thing you need is a police report. THEN you go to the other guys insurance co. And then your insurance co to get the rest of the money.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:01 PM   #26

Model: Chateau 24F
THOR #2878
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasspilot View Post
One thing that I didn't see in the OP is that you called the police. The very first thing you need is a police report. THEN you go to the other guys insurance co. And then your insurance co to get the rest of the money.
Oh yes, I did call 911 because the idiot was attempting to restart his vehicle. I do have a police report. His insurance company has admitted 100% liability. He was ticketed for failure to stay in his lane and no seatbelt. They claimed that he showed no signs of impairment. But. it was night time and close to the end of their shift. Felt it was all handled poorly by our local PD. The "lil box on wheels' is at the body shop in the process of getting an estimate. Hartford insurance appraiser looked at it last Thursday.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:02 PM   #27

Model: Chateau 24F
THOR #2878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
The fact that they won't give you specifics on his coverage is pretty normal: the fact that you could figure out his 'minimal" coverage amount is actually startling!
Claims folks are supposed to be better trained than that...
I'm pretty good at getting information out of people!