Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-03-2023, 06:13 AM   #41
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE
State: Arizona
Posts: 66
THOR #15278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Cuz HP are watching theirs!
I'd love to argue that...but sadly I'm not confident that I could.

__________________
TRMott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 09:16 AM   #42
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
Posts: 49
THOR #5951
Smile

My RV driving rule, I bought it to get there when I get there, and remembering also that it is better to be late than be a "late" someone. Drive with caution and pass big rigs with extreme caution.
__________________
roy stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 09:00 PM   #43
Junior Member
 
Kemp_H's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 25v
State: Florida
Posts: 21
THOR #25787
The front stabilizer on my 2018 F53 chassis was about the diameter of my little finger, and nearly ineffective. The rear stabilizer was non-existent (deemed unecessary, apparently, by the manufacturer.) So I was all over the road anytime I passed or got passed. I replaced the front stabilizer with a much more robust bar, and installed a mack-daddy, large diameter bar on the rear suspension. Added a steering stabilizer, too. From that time on the RV handled like a car... very predictable and easy to drive. Sometimes you just gotta reengineer these things.
__________________
Kemp_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:36 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
Posts: 1,704
THOR #17765
So you replaced the sway bars with larger bars and added a steering stabilizer.
Did you have the front end aligned as well?
__________________
Jimbo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 11:45 PM   #45
Junior Member
 
Kemp_H's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 25v
State: Florida
Posts: 21
THOR #25787
We did.
__________________
Kemp_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 01:27 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
Posts: 866
THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp_H View Post
The front stabilizer on my 2018 F53 chassis was about the diameter of my little finger, and nearly ineffective. The rear stabilizer was non-existent (deemed unecessary, apparently, by the manufacturer.) So I was all over the road anytime I passed or got passed. I replaced the front stabilizer with a much more robust bar, and installed a mack-daddy, large diameter bar on the rear suspension. Added a steering stabilizer, too. From that time on the RV handled like a car... very predictable and easy to drive. Sometimes you just gotta reengineer these things.
Deemed unnecessary or too costly?
__________________
Metalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 08:52 PM   #47
Junior Member
 
Kemp_H's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 25v
State: Florida
Posts: 21
THOR #25787
Most likely deemed unnecessary because it was too costly. RV manufacturers have never been ones to place customer safety and well-being above profit. That's just how they are.
__________________
Kemp_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 11:39 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Winnebago Travato 59G
State: Alabama
Posts: 4,697
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp_H View Post
Most likely deemed unnecessary because it was too costly. RV manufacturers have never been ones to place customer safety and well-being above profit. That's just how they are.

Actually I think it comes from ford that way. Of course Ford doesnít know how much load the chassis will be carrying so maybe puts on a minimalist sway bar. fWIW we got used to it eventually and didnít have a problem.
__________________
Pete'sMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 11:42 PM   #49
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
Posts: 7,731
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Actually I think it comes from ford that way. Of course Ford doesnít know how much load the chassis will be carrying so maybe puts on a minimalist sway bar. fWIW we got used to it eventually and didnít have a problem.
The manner in which Ford delivers is based on GVWR and GCWR, nothing more.
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 12:14 AM   #50
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 11,029
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
The manner in which Ford delivers is based on GVWR and GCWR, nothing more.
Yep, and I'd like to see that "little finger thick" antisway bar. My Sonic's antisway bars are thicker than that.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 08:32 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Winnebago Travato 59G
State: Alabama
Posts: 4,697
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
The manner in which Ford delivers is based on GVWR and GCWR, nothing more.

Weíll sure. And it works just fine stock but it doesnít mean itís ideal for top heavy version at or above GVWR as many class Cs run. Still, most of us adapt and are fine with stock.
__________________
Pete'sMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 11:08 PM   #52
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
Posts: 7,731
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Weíll sure. And it works just fine stock but it doesnít mean itís ideal for top heavy version at or above GVWR as many class Cs run. Still, most of us adapt and are fine with stock.
If someone is running above GVWR it is their own fault and not the fault of the manufacturer. Donít blame the manufacturer for the loose nut behind the wheel.
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 02:09 PM   #53
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 22,193
THOR #8860
They're swerving at you just to see if you are paying attention...
__________________
"What: me worry?"
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2