Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2017, 02:40 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 29m
State: Arkansas
THOR #7095
Happy Camper???

Here's the story.
Got my new 2017 29m at the end of March. Every trip it had been on something broke or wasn't operable at camp setup. We'd take it out, have a miserable trip due to functionality vs- expectation, return and schedule appointment for repairs 7x. I'm not talking little cosmetic stuff, I'm talking about no ac, no heat, no fridge, no hot water, water flooding coach upon hookup, wires burning, etc, etc, etc.
After much aggravation, time spent working with Thor, time scheduling, delivering, picking up............... after picking up from repairs and heading out this past weekend we had a great weekend trip to where we actually got to use our new coach and all of the features (well almost all). I just now remembered why we bought this coach. We love it! the floor plan, the features, all of it!

The only thing that wouldn't work were the 3 Seiki tv's would not find channels on cable in Branson MO until a digital conversion box was purchased. then the 1 tv it was hooked to would work. I know now as I have read other posts, need to upgrade tvs.

Bottom line. Thor customer service, Daniel, was great to work with through all of this and has been very helpful and instrumental in getting things fixed and settled. Disappointed that we lost all of our summer fretting and stressing over a major purchase but looks like in the end we will can actually be HAPPY CAMPERS!

Old 11-08-2017, 04:14 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjeepjk View Post
Here's the story.
Got my new 2017 29m at the end of March. Every trip it had been on something broke or wasn't operable at camp setup. We'd take it out, have a miserable trip due to functionality vs- expectation, return and schedule appointment for repairs 7x. I'm not talking little cosmetic stuff, I'm talking about no ac, no heat, no fridge, no hot water, water flooding coach upon hookup, wires burning, etc, etc, etc.
After much aggravation, time spent working with Thor, time scheduling, delivering, picking up............... after picking up from repairs and heading out this past weekend we had a great weekend trip to where we actually got to use our new coach and all of the features (well almost all). I just now remembered why we bought this coach. We love it! the floor plan, the features, all of it!

The only thing that wouldn't work were the 3 Seiki tv's would not find channels on cable in Branson MO until a digital conversion box was purchased. then the 1 tv it was hooked to would work. I know now as I have read other posts, need to upgrade tvs.

Bottom line. Thor customer service, Daniel, was great to work with through all of this and has been very helpful and instrumental in getting things fixed and settled. Disappointed that we lost all of our summer fretting and stressing over a major purchase but looks like in the end we will can actually be HAPPY CAMPERS!

Good to hear all is working. Time to enjoy it now

Jery
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 04:52 AM   #3

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Blackjeepjk, glad to hear it. Hopefully, good times will continue. Happy RVing!!
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:43 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'm glad to hear that you're finally seeing "The Light At The End Of The Tunnel".
Here's to hoping that it isn't an oncoming train!

Good luck in your future camping adventures!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:01 PM   #5

State: Florida
THOR #6872
Quote:
Here's the story.

This is why I will never buy another NEW RV. I had the same experience with a new Heartland fifth wheel. I traded it in on a very low milage 2014 Thor Palazzo. I'm letting someone else take care of the first year warrenty stuff.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #6

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Glad you got the issues worked out and can enjoy! Congrats!
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:00 PM   #7
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Glad you can now enjoy your new RV. We had several issues with our new coach that were resolved, although none as major as yours. You are not alone many of us have had issues and now hopefully you can put your issues behind you and enjoy your new coach.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:59 PM   #8

THOR #7095
Thanks to all.
We're so excited that we talked about not storing for winter this year but instead just keep scheduling trips and keep it on the road. At least on some weekends.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:32 PM   #9

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Daniel with Thor is awesome. I have learned this as a first time RV owner. YOU WILL have some issues and things will need to be fixed, repaired or replaced. You in a house on wheels that experiences a magnitude 4 earthquake Everytime you drive it. At best, your time spent fixing stuff will be marginal....
Old 12-13-2017, 07:30 PM   #10

THOR #6872
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
Daniel with Thor is awesome. I have learned this as a first time RV owner. YOU WILL have some issues and things will need to be fixed, repaired or replaced. You in a house on wheels that experiences a magnitude 4 earthquake Everytime you drive it. At best, your time spent fixing stuff will be marginal....
The fact that you are driving a house on wheels is no excuse for shoddy Workmanship. They are kicking these things out so fast and not checking them out before delivery.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:59 PM   #11
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Thanks to all.
We're so excited that we talked about not storing for winter this year but instead just keep scheduling trips and keep it on the road. At least on some weekends.
Keep the wheel's spinnin', and you'll keep grinnin'!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:56 PM   #12

THOR #9553
I'd agree with that too. Reality is a bitch...
Old 12-13-2017, 09:59 PM   #13

THOR #9553
I did my own repairs after I got the parts from Thor. Didn't want CW to screw it up, no confidence in them AT ALL!!!!
Old 12-14-2017, 12:37 AM   #14

Model: Chateau 35SD
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8439
Quote:
Thanks to all.

That’s what we’re doing, headed into Texas next week for about a month.

wenz
Old 12-14-2017, 07:52 PM   #15

Model: Axis 25.5
THOR #4802
Like so many others, we're working our way thru what I call "new unit shakedown" on the Axis 25.5 we bought new back in August. Knowing the new unit aggravations and horror stories so many have posted about, I've preached for years that its far better to buy an already broken in unit that's a year or two old, rather than a brand new one, which we've done with all of our several previous RV's. That said and its what I truly believe, we really loved the 25.5 floor plan, with the larger bathroom across the rear and bed that can either a large king or 2 twins, that Thor introduced in the 2017 model year. I searched for months, far and wide for a pre-owned 25.5, hoping to avoid the repairs and repeated trips back to the dealer. Alas, because they were so new, there were no used 25.5's to be found at the time, so we bit the bullet and bought a new one. Its been back to the dealer now 4 times, each round trip totaling 82 miles and it still has issues, primarily with the crappy Seiki TV's. Hind sight, I probably should have waited a year or so to buy our 25.5 and now we're living with the consequences of not following my own advice. Live and learn.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:23 PM   #16

THOR #9553
Sad that Thor does such a poor job on units leaving the factory. I too am having warranty issues and so far I'd say we're satisfied. I spent over $800 on front and rear sway bars that made a huge improvement. Guess these things are following Harley Davidson in aftermarket replacement upgrades....ouch!!!!
Old 12-14-2017, 09:19 PM   #17

Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
THOR #9721
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
Sad that Thor does such a poor job on units leaving the factory. I too am having warranty issues and so far I'd say we're satisfied. I spent over $800 on front and rear sway bars that made a huge improvement. Guess these things are following Harley Davidson in aftermarket replacement upgrades....ouch!!!!
What do you have?
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:10 PM   #18

THOR #7095
Just wanted to follow up from my original post.
Tv's have all been replaced with vizio smart tv
multiple trips since including a 2200mi 10 day trip.
STILL NO PROBLEMS!!!!!
Just love the floorplan and our coach. Fingers crossed and hopeful that we get continued great service and enjoyment from this rig!
Old 08-12-2018, 01:48 AM   #19

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Quote:
Just wanted to follow up from my original post.
Tv's have all been replaced with vizio smart tv
multiple trips since including a 2200mi 10 day trip.
STILL NO PROBLEMS!!!!!
Just love the floorplan and our coach. Fingers crossed and hopeful that we get continued great service and enjoyment from this rig!
Glad things are working out for you. I have owned 5 RVs, three new ones and two used ones and they all break down. Flat tires, thrown fan belts, roof leaks, A/C that go out, etc. Bone up on your DIY skills and take care of the smaller things yourself.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:14 PM   #20

THOR #9553
Daniel is great. I have dealt with him before. Tom Overman is the man however. Very customer conscious and knowledgeable on all things Thor....