Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2022, 11:49 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Have you seen this RV? I really think it is a game changer

Just curious what everyones thoughts are on this RV because I really liked it. I could see myself buying this. What are your thoughts?

Old 01-25-2022, 12:48 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #21919
1. I don't want a ladder for my primary bed
2. I would get very tired of setting up two sleeping arrangements nightly
3. Very little privacy for two non-romantic adults
4. Wet baths are a last resort, I'd rather use a camp shower, haha
5. It's a Fiat
6. I got tons more dislikes but the $140k price is one of them.
Old 01-25-2022, 01:36 AM   #3

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Looks like the target buyer is the young "active" crowd with lots of disposable income.

No regrets, but raising kids put quite a dent in our disposable income when younger, so an RV of this caliber would have been way out of reach. We would have had to make a choice between kids or a "couples" RV. For us, I think we made a good decision.
Old 01-25-2022, 02:40 AM   #4

THOR #22773
I currently have a Thor Sanctuary, so for my this would be more room but would be about $20K more expensive. I think if it was lifted on the Mercedes platform I would have a deposit on one already.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:20 AM   #5

State: Texas
THOR #2121
I like bed design, but not as a primary. Overhead drop-down bed over living area seems much better than typical Class C over-cab bed as a secondary bed option, but doesn’t replace twin beds for everyday use. Granted, it’s a necessary compromise to get unit under 18-feet long.

I did not see a generator or mention of high-power lithium battery system, so don’t know what’s going to power stove and or air conditioner while boondocking. Also without propane, what’s providing heat for space or hot water? Was that covered?

If unit is imported Italian motorhome, is it a Ducato, which means Diesel engine, or is it a gasoline ProMaster? Diesel would explain higher 4,400-pound tow capacity which ProMaster can not provide.

It’s a nice looking motorhome, which provides more room than a regular van of same length. Need more details to compare to van campers in same price range.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:06 AM   #6

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
That thing looks awesome for the van dwelling community. The web site for the company says it's built on a Pro Master chassis.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 06:15 AM   #7

THOR #2121
Perhaps they are planning to build on ProMaster Cutaway Chassis in time, but the Wingamm Web Site shows an Oasis 540 built on Fiat Ducato, not ProMaster. That suggest to me they do not have a ProMaster prototype ready yet, or they would have had it at Tampa Super Show.

Also, the motorhome at Tampa Super Show still had the European 230-Volt electrical, and European smaller fridge, etc.

Not to be overly skeptical, but it would be reassuring to know how they will build on ProMaster chassis, and where that’s going to take place, US, or Italy? Sales manager mentioned $5,000 cost to ship from Europe, so maybe they will build on Fiat Ducato, although I have no idea how that will get certified. Either way I would have difficult time placing an order for a motorhome to be received in December regardless of how much I liked it unless I had much more information.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C5247C6C-A34E-42BE-8E6F-856FDB89FC99.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	35812  
Old 01-25-2022, 11:38 AM   #8

THOR #22773
According to the salesman:

Base model will have AGM battery and no generator
You have a choice of propane or not
There is a Lithium option with 120 amp hour and a 210W solar panel
It will be built on the Ram promaster platform with 3.6L gas engine

I do agree that it is hard to put down a deposit when you have not seen a US version.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:27 PM   #9
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Perfect for

(yeah ok been waiting to use that LOL)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 04:27 PM   #10

THOR #2121
Thor, a pretty large company, also announced they were going to build high-quality European-size RVs in United States after buying Hymer, and that was derailed. We haven’t heard much about compact Hymer motorhomes built with German quality for over a year or two now. I’m just saying a lot can change quickly.

In my opinion there is a market for narrow-body Class C (B+) motorhomes like this one that are slightly wider than a van, but they have to be more functional than their European counterparts in order to attract North American buyers. Most vans in NA either have a generator or else around 600 Amp-hours of lithium with dedicated alternator to charge quickly to support air conditioning (and perhaps heat in some all-electric) when off the grid.

This compact motorhome looks great but needs a significant electrical upgrade in my opinion to be successful in North America. And once they switch from Diesel Ducato to gasoline ProMaster, propane system may need to be standard rather than an option (unless they go with gasoline for space and water heat).
Old 01-25-2022, 05:10 PM   #11

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
It was there as a survey device.

'Going to'
is kind of a poker tell.

(If it has value, Thor, a big company, will take pictures of it, measure it, duplicate it, and have it on the market before you can blink.
It could be that Thor, a big company, dragged one across the ocean just for THEIR survey reasons.)

It's a game changer all right.

It will change the rv shoppers game to a c class.

This, like the BMW motorhomes(look it up) will never really be....
The bmw was a unicorn bought by people who believe in unicorns.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mot...-for-sale/amp/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vixen_(RV)

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 06:24 PM   #12

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
His head was touching the ceiling, the sink is about 4 inches deep, the fridge isn't big enough for my beer so the food would be in a cooler, it looked like they almost had to turn sideways to walk through but once the slide is open there should be room, TV option? for 140 thousand, plastic windows what will they look like in 5 years, vents I don't see any fans, the bed is 6.56 feet x 4.42 feet just big enough for one short person, 5 gallon black tank should be good for a day. I would rather have a real motorhome
Old 01-25-2022, 06:39 PM   #13

THOR #2121
Slide? What slide? That’s almost a dirty word in Europe.

Salesman did say the US version will have slightly larger fridge, but probably still under counter height like on some Class B van campers, including some from Thor. That’s a deal breaker for me due not only to small size but hard to see and get stuff out. Same goes for microwaves at knee height.
Old 01-25-2022, 07:11 PM   #14

THOR #13932
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vixen_(RV)
For Chance.

Old 01-25-2022, 07:24 PM   #15

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Slide? What slide? That’s almost a dirty word in Europe.

Salesman did say the US version will have slightly larger fridge, but probably still under counter height like on some Class B van campers, including some from Thor. That’s a deal breaker for me due not only to small size but hard to see and get stuff out. Same goes for microwaves at knee height.
That's what I'm saying it's so cramped in there you can't move. I couldn't even fit my tackle box in there, I could leave the propane at home that would give me a little storage. This might be good for a skinny short person that didn't have a girlfriend
Old 01-25-2022, 07:46 PM   #16

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Have you seen this RV? I really think it is a game changer

Well, since you asked….I think it’s awful! Trying to put “everything” in space for just a little. I van camped (alone) for years but I accepted the fact that a van is not a full RV. It was roomy for sleeping and getting around. Cooked, ate and pooped outside. It was a fine life. We had a 26 ft class C and gave it up quickly as too small for two seniors. 30 ft class A works just fine thank you very much. Cheaper too.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:15 PM   #17

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post

I’m actually quite familiar with those. When they first came out they ran ads stating the Vixen was the “Porsche of motorhomes”. I don’t care about most ads, but in case of Vixen it was appropriate. Low, wide, rear engine, light, etc.

I thought of restoring one they had for sale at PPL in Houston a few years back, but I’m not really into trying to make old stuff look new.

For what it’s worth, new extended high-roof ProMaster cargo vans are larger inside than Vixen or Winnebago B+ like LeSharo from the past. That’s why vans are now as popular as Class As.

Here’s some related yet useless information: In Europe the Ducato (their ProMaster) is built with an even higher roof that yields about 7-feet of headroom. Because of added vertical clearance, the same type of drop-down bed is used in a regular van. To me a regular Class B van with a bed like the Oasis 540 makes a nice motorhome for a small family.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:40 PM   #18

THOR #13932
We won't buy a class b ever ever.
But
when 2nd year (no first year stuff for us)of the new 4wd Pacifica start showing up as lease returns(no tax on used person to person in AZ)we'll build a 4x8 module that slides in and out easily.
Toilet, 4x7 bed, wash station, 2000w inverter, yadda yadda.
No real reason to, but no reason not to.
We dont need to capture the fuel cost differential between our 24.1 and a mommy van.
Primary purpose is to replace the king ranch, but hey, I do mods and the module is good one.

I think a class b would be a MUCH better purchase if modular and multipurpose.
I dont know how a b begins to hold up against an axis. The inconvenience of a b class seems exasperating to me

Just an alternative thought for someone thinking of dumping the incredulous amount they ask for this overpacked toy.

Old 01-25-2022, 11:29 PM   #19

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
You bought an RV but your drive around and make YouTube videos of other RV's you like?

you ever make videos of going somewhere?
Old 01-25-2022, 11:37 PM   #20

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post

.....cut.....

I think a class b would be a MUCH better purchase if modular and multipurpose.
I dont know how a b begins to hold up against an axis. The inconvenience of a b class seems exasperating to me

.....cut....

Different perspectives. I like Class B best because it’s most convenient for us. My E-350 Super Duty van started life with +/- 300 cubic feet of volume (it’s a bit more after conversion), so about twice the typical minivan.

By comparison, the largest (extended) ProMaster is around 463 cubic feet, so 50% larger than my van. That sounds great to me. And highest roof model from Europe is +/- 600 cubic feet. It’s like two of my van.

I like larger size RVs up to the point it limits where I can go, or makes it more difficult to the point I don’t even try.