Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-28-2022, 01:01 AM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
I guess if you are comparing this against B class RV it looks fantastic

Old 01-29-2022, 10:51 PM   #22

Model: Regency Ultra Brougham IB
State: Arizona
THOR #13468
A game changer? I guess it is not clear to me what game this is supposed to change.

We have a B+ and by comparison with what I saw in the video our RV is huge. We have a 2 door refrigerator/freezer while the unit in that RV is way too small. The freezer looked like it would hold a TV dinner, but not much more. The swing-down bed blocks the air vent at the top of the RV, so it seems pretty useless. The table takes up too much space in the room and I don't think I would care for a wet bath.

One good thing is that after seeing that walk-through I now feel our RV is much larger and more comfortable that I thought it was on our last trip.
Old 01-30-2022, 03:34 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I remember posting about the offerings from Oasi about a year ago. It's good to see that they're finally getting things in place. 👍
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 06:05 PM   #24

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Those 2 showing it off were small people & still had to side step to get inside & move around!! I'm 6' 270lbs, the DW is not as small as the lady in the video, so we'd be like a couple sardines, as we would in a B class. No way are we going to climb a ladder to get into a bed we have to make every night, we're up too many times at night. I'm sure most have heard to old adage "never crap where you eat!", that would be near impossible in that thing.
If that, or a B class, were the only choice in a rvs it would be a game changer for us for sure, we'd no longer be rv owners. Especially with the absolutely ridiculous prices on them. For that kind of $$ you could buy a decent class A that you wouldn't have to go outside to change your mind.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 02:02 AM   #25

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum 31WS
State: Washington
THOR #21816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Well, since you asked….I think it’s awful! Trying to put “everything” in space for just a little. I van camped (alone) for years but I accepted the fact that a van is not a full RV. It was roomy for sleeping and getting around. Cooked, ate and pooped outside. It was a fine life. We had a 26 ft class C and gave it up quickly as too small for two seniors. 30 ft class A works just fine thank you very much. Cheaper too.
Pete, I totally agree. The price is way too high for something that small. 7 months ago I bought a 2011 35' high quality diesel pusher with 35K miles and a good service record for $105K. 3 slide-outs, 4 door frig with ice maker, 8000 watt generator, 92 gal fresh, 81 gray, 57 black. Just boondocked for 6 nights with capacity to spare. I've put 10,000miles on it already with no issues. Yes it's more costly to operate and maintain but it offers so much more for the money.
Old 01-31-2022, 02:35 AM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
What brand and model?
And how about some pictures?
Old 01-31-2022, 04:50 AM   #27

Model: Quantum 31WS
State: Washington
THOR #21816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
What brand and model?
And how about some pictures?
Itasca Meridian 34Y

I think this link is to my photo album on my profile. Not sure I did it right...

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/me...cture1771t.jpg
Old 01-31-2022, 09:07 AM   #28

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
Hmmm....? As an Englisman living in Ireland who's owned 4 US RV's, this I a prime example of why I've only ever owned a US RV. Don't get me wrong, it's horses for courses and this looks very well made, but it's just far too small, and the
price seems very dear compared to its cost over here.
Old 01-31-2022, 03:32 PM   #29

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
Hmmm....? As an Englisman living in Ireland who's owned 4 US RV's, this I a prime example of why I've only ever owned a US RV. Don't get me wrong, it's horses for courses and this looks very well made, but it's just far too small, and the
price seems very dear compared to its cost over here.

Exactly. It depends so much on what the RV will be used for, and under what conditions, that it seems pointless to compare directly as if needs are the same.

A large family of large individuals camping for a week in one site and moving around in their towed toad is one extreme, and at the other is a small couple who tour in their RV driving long distances daily and rarely staying in same site more than one night at a time. For my taste a 30+ foot motorhome is ideal for one, a van-size RV for the other.

Somewhere in middle of these extremes are a lot of different needs and wants.
Old 01-31-2022, 04:44 PM   #30
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
They DO offer some larger floorplans...

https://www.wingamm.com/us/
Old 02-02-2022, 12:50 PM   #31

THOR #22773
I have purchased 2 new B-Class RVs within the past 10 months (Tellaro & Sanctuary). I really like the maneuverability (easy to drive), the ability to drive anywhere without concern, the ability to maintain highway speeds without fear, easy of maintenance, stealth, and the off road capability. The biggest downside is obviously space. The RV shown here checks most of the boxes for me accept maybe stealth and off-road capability but does give you a ton more space. As for the price, B-Class RV are averaging between 125-150K right now ... and yes I agree they are expensive.
Old 02-02-2022, 02:02 PM   #32
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
There's no doubt that these could be a real winner for the right type of travelers.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:05 AM   #33

THOR #22773
Agree, I just have a hard time buying something that does not exist yet. Then again, I could not even wait 3 months for a Tesla ... so maybe it is just me.