Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2018, 06:29 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
Heat Blasting. No Sound from Stereo. Class C

So figured I would share incase anyone else runs into this.

We have a 2017 Class C with a E450 chassis. On recent trips from Chicago COLD to the south the stereo would operate just fine but then all of a sudden the sound would fail and not come back on. With the stereo off for a while it would come back on.

Finally realized it was because I was blasting the heat. I'm typically alone up front and to keep the coach warm I turn the heat all the way up, Close the vent to the left of the wheel and the other vents aim to the side at full blast and max heat. Does a good job EXEPT what happens is the stereo over heats and when it does the sound turns off. It also happens with the vent turned to defroster and feet but its worse when its the dash vents

I might replace the stereo because I really dislike it to begin with. I really would like to somehow put duct work of some sort to feed heat to the back of the coach.