Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2020, 06:27 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #12125
Quote:
Originally Posted by curryd View Post
Yup. Water was getting to the circuit board and fried mine. It’s a $90 DIY replacement. Then I had to stop the water infiltration!

Ditto on the circuit board due to water intrusion/pooling in the circuit board tray. I had exact same symptoms and the back of my board had some suspicious looking spots.

Old 09-27-2020, 06:28 PM   #22

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Our fridge does the same thing after it is not used on gas for awhile. Goes through the cycle a couple times and doesn't light. I solve the problem by manually lighting the burner. After the initial manual light the fridge will start on its own the next time. I suspect some dirt may be playing a part. I need to clean the fridge burner and check the "lighter fork" adjustment. As the season is short will add to the winterize list.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 01:26 AM   #23

State: Alaska
THOR #5332
It sounds like the sail switch.. search testing RV Furnace sail switch.. it's pretty easy to jumper.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:02 AM   #24

Model: Tuscany 40LX
State: Iowa
THOR #1804
I agree it sounds like a “sail switch.” My coach had similar symptoms, I stopped at a nearby RV place, and the technician had it diagnosed, part replaced, and on my way in about one hour. Seems like it was total cost of $100 or so.