Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2020, 01:29 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Help 2020 axxera tv can we use hdmi soundbar

hi can we use an hdmi soundboard? Went into TV settings and could not tell how to make TV volume use soundbar?

Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 02:18 PM   #2

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
I just set sound bar volume as high as possible and then use tv remote volume to control.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:22 PM   #3

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
It needs to have an HDMI ARC port to use a Sound Bar that supports HDMI. I doubt the Axxera TV's support it given they are a low-end TV. But to verify, look at the HDMI ports on the back of the TV. If it supports it, you will see one HDMI port that says ARC on it. If you see that, you can plug an HDMI cable into it and the Sound Bar.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:47 PM   #4

THOR #13399
The axxera tv's in our 2019 Thor came with a sound bar on living room and outside tv's
Old 10-13-2020, 03:59 PM   #5

THOR #12751
I have a 2020 Magnitude and to my surprise one of my Axxera TV’s does have a HDMI ARC port.

I suspect yours do as well so just plug the HDMI cable to the one marked ARC. You do not need to change any settings on the TV.
Old 10-13-2020, 05:14 PM   #6
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
hi can we use an hdmi soundboard? Went into TV settings and could not tell how to make TV volume use soundbar?
The TV has to support Audio Return Channel (ARC) on HDMI and most only support it on the TV's HDMI1 port - so the sound bar would have to be connected to HDMI1.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:57 AM   #7

THOR #20220
Thx I have an hdmi arc and ordered this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201013-185632_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	26670  
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 10-14-2020, 03:17 AM   #8

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
In our last motor home a 2016 31L we used a yamaha sound bar on the seiki tv. Only one connection was needed, not sure what its called but it was a small fiber optic cable.
Old 10-14-2020, 03:21 AM   #9

THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I have a 2020 Magnitude and to my surprise one of my Axxera TV’s does have a HDMI ARC port.

I suspect yours do as well so just plug the HDMI cable to the one marked ARC. You do not need to change any settings on the TV.
Judge does your outside TV have a sound bar? Our outside TV came with one.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:14 AM   #10

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
Judge does your outside TV have a sound bar? Our outside TV came with one.
It did come with a sound bar but it is pretty lame. Sometimes my wife wants to pair her phone to play some music and it just won't always connect to her phone or my phone when you put it into the Bluetooth mode.

I have been thinking about replacing it. Now that I know the TV has the HDMI ARC port, I may replace it over the winter. I just assumed the Axxera TV's were cheap and had minimal capabilities.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:12 PM   #11

THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
It did come with a sound bar but it is pretty lame. Sometimes my wife wants to pair her phone to play some music and it just won't always connect to her phone or my phone when you put it into the Bluetooth mode.

I have been thinking about replacing it. Now that I know the TV has the HDMI ARC port, I may replace it over the winter. I just assumed the Axxera TV's were cheap and had minimal capabilities.
They are not any better than the Seiki tv. I actually think they are the same just a different name on them, reason I think this is, because the Axxera has the same menu as our previous RV with Seiki tv.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:44 PM   #12

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River 2400R MBS
THOR #13744
My outside TV (Axxera) has a sound bar. Well, looks like a sound bar but sure doesn't sound like one.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:51 PM   #13

THOR #20220
I can't get sound to the outside sound bar. I see red white wires from TV to sound bar?
Old 10-21-2020, 09:23 PM   #14

THOR #13399
That's the wires if like mine it has a couple of buttons on top in the middle, push the source button to scroll through tv,radio,and blue tooth,and make sure volume is up.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:37 PM   #15

Model: Ace 27.2
State: Ontario
THOR #11699
If you are replacing the TV, you may want to ensure that all your devices are of the same make.

Even though my Axxera TV had an ARC outlet, it did not work all the time or it lost connection often. I replaced my TV with an LG model as I have an LG phone. I added an LG soundbar, subwoofer, etc. to the mix.

Because they are all the same make, as soon as I turn on the TV, the sound system is connected automatically and starts without any action from me. Volume is controlled through the TV remote, if desired. The LG phone enables me to link to the TV without cords using Screen Share. This also allows me to connect directly to the soundbar for music, etc.

I am sure that other makes will provide this using their apps, but the LG setup is effortless. The key is to have the TV match the sound system.

It is nice to use Bose sound systems, but they do not connect very well and require the user to turn them on separately and select the audio connection through the TV every time.