Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 01:46 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Walk into a Ford showroom... closely eye the most expensive car/truck on the showroom floor.

Strike up a conversation about a test drive with the sales manager. Ask about their service. Mention that you have a motorhome too... do they service Ford motorhome chassis? It would be REALLY convenient to have oil changes, etc. and that is super important to you...

Take it from there... it's either going to be a "sorry, no", or an "accommodating conversation" from then...

Old 06-26-2022, 01:54 AM   #22

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by makitso View Post
Last fall I went to the Ford dealer in Oracle AZ. They had previously done a recall for me and they also charge me $1600 to fix an AC problem. The service manager refused to do this recall. I thought it was do to the fact they don't make any money on warranty so I said I would kick in another $100 for labor, he turned me down. I spoke to a different dealer in Tucson, one that has an RV hoist. He refused to do the warranty as well. IMO, there is something going on that is not obvious.
Thor authorized a local tech for me and included warranty work ..good luck..dealers do not like warranty work.
In my cash thor and dealer spent weeks emailing each other pictures and other B.S. I got in the middle
Old 06-26-2022, 03:35 AM   #23

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Fact! If it won't fit in one of their service bays, they won't even look at it. I bought a pallet of stones the other day at Home Depot. I had to move my truck 10 feet for them to load it. They said insurance requirements would not let them go but so far from the store doors and it had to be in a specific area roped of like Area 51.
My local Ford dealer works on my Hurricane in the parking lot. So does the local Discount Tire. Dealerships have a lot of leeway in what they 'want' to do and what they wont do.
Old 06-26-2022, 03:45 AM   #24

Model: Chateau 24F
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
My local Ford dealer works on my Hurricane in the parking lot. So does the local Discount Tire. Dealerships have a lot of leeway in what they 'want' to do and what they wont do.
Yep... the "insurance" excuse is mostly a convenient way to avoid saying "we really don't want that type of work".
Old 06-26-2022, 01:39 PM   #25
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Yep... the "insurance" excuse is mostly a convenient way to avoid saying "we really don't want that type of work".
I call this bull. The insurance limitations are real in today’s consumer driven frivolous claim environment.
Old 06-26-2022, 02:07 PM   #26

Model: ACE 29.2
State: Wisconsin
THOR #12433
Thumbs up

Post #13 says it all!
Old 06-26-2022, 02:57 PM   #27

Model: Tuscany 40ex
THOR #12726
I have ran into the same issue with our toad a 2019 wrangler, we bought used in 2020 with 18k miles and it had a clutch campaign, info center, campaign and now the start stop battery is bad and all the Chrysler dealers we went to said they will only do warranty work on vehicles they sell ( I call bull crap) now we’re out of warranty and I am fixing this myself, I would call ford customer care and file a complaint, we did on the dealers who wouldn’t work on our jeep but they said since I have exceeded the 3 years warranty but only 27k miles sorry
Old 06-26-2022, 03:39 PM   #28
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by simidrm View Post
I have ran into the same issue with our toad a 2019 wrangler, we bought used in 2020 with 18k miles and it had a clutch campaign, info center, campaign and now the start stop battery is bad and all the Chrysler dealers we went to said they will only do warranty work on vehicles they sell ( I call bull crap) now we’re out of warranty and I am fixing this myself, I would call ford customer care and file a complaint, we did on the dealers who wouldn’t work on our jeep but they said since I have exceeded the 3 years warranty but only 27k miles sorry
They don't offer a 5 year 60K miles drive train warranty?

And recalls are not "warranty" work.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
Old 06-26-2022, 04:04 PM   #29

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Well if you tow a motorcycle..folks are having warranty issues

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wire...nties-85603084
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Old 06-26-2022, 04:12 PM   #30

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
They don't offer a 5 year 60K miles drive train warranty?

And recalls are not "warranty" work.
I'm not sure on todays view, but forever before these recent times, clutch and pressure weren't covered under any factory warranty of any sort. Too many simpletons. We had people blow them up as they crossed the curb off of the car lot.
When actually read and determined, drive train warranty is generally only about 25 to 60 internally lubricated parts like crank shaft and rockers and axle gears.
Clutch and pressure plate falls into the consumables group as brake pads and rotors do.

But
Things change.

And
It's prreetttty hard to get a dealer to make you leave their lot..or pretty easy depending on the attitude you swing.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
Old 06-26-2022, 06:09 PM   #31

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Well if you tow a motorcycle..folks are having warranty issues

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wire...nties-85603084
'The proposed consent agreement...'

That article is horsecrap on highest.
I use an inferior part installed by an unlicensed mechanic and now hd has to warrant the work that blew up the transmission because some fool put a rubber cog in a steel cogs place? A literal rubber band installed by a hausfrau to repair an ignition system is now valid?

Pplllleeeaaassssseeee.

That some stone cold ignorant thought process right there.

The letter is a form of shut up.
We wrote the letter, hd said no, now shut up.

But
If I install aftermarket handgrips and the head gasket unrelatedly blows and hd tries to deny the head gasket due to the handgrips...that's been covered since the 1970's as unfair.

Old 06-26-2022, 06:17 PM   #32

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Worst advice ever.
Who is them? Ford? Thor? Cw? Doe 1 through 26?
Thor isnt involved
Ford has a policy
Ford Dealer service has a policy
Cw has a safety issue
Doe 1 through 26 is the fluff you know it is.

I'd charge you with $500 to read your letter and a judge/arbitrator would charge with frivolity.

Tell us the success rate of this tactic.
You sue the dealer and name ford and thor as other responsible partys. All lawyers are money grubbing jerks we know that. So get a good lawyer who id not afraid. Arbitration has to be agreed to. As a consumer this is a consumer friendly environment to sue in and you know it. Jurys and judges love sticking it to big business to serve the needs of the little guy. I once sued Blue Cross Blue Shield. They settled 4 days before the court date "because they were wrong" and knew it. I got more cash than I asked for to cover my "trouble". If you have half a brain you can sue without a money grubbing lawyer. So no you're wrong. Sue em!!
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Old 06-26-2022, 06:37 PM   #33

THOR #13932
Doubling down does not show strength in an argument.
Reading the arbitration clause in your contract shows strength.

Your attorney assumption/prejudice/theory/classist statement reads like an encyclopedia brittanica of why not to consider your advice.

Had you used a race/protected class instead of an occupation in that statement you'd be banned for life.

Old 06-26-2022, 06:45 PM   #34

THOR #6280
Quote:
Doubling down does not show strength in an argument.
Reading the arbitration clause in your contract shows strength.

Your attorney assumption/prejudice/theory/classist statement reads like an encyclopedia brittanica of why not to consider your advice.

Had you used a race/protected class instead of an occupation in that statement you'd be banned for life.
I realize you "think" you're the smartest person in the room. However having represented myself several times is suits with victorious outcomes each and every time I can say without reserve, you doubling down won't change the fact that the best advocate individuals have is themselves. Unless they're stupid then they need people like lawyers to take advantage of them.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:02 PM   #35

THOR #6280
Quote:
...they need people like lawyers to take advantage of them.
Or
So get a good lawyer....

Which?

Two opposite statements by the same poster.

I might be the most reasonable but if I'm ever the smartest in the room, I find a different room.
Thought you would understand but I see that is not the case. So here it is simpler just for you Duck Face.

If you're smart, represent yourself in suing a company who has wronged you.

If you're stupid hire Duck Face.

Get it now?
Old 06-26-2022, 07:09 PM   #36
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
I'm not sure on todays view, but forever before these recent times, clutch and pressure weren't covered under any factory warranty of any sort. Too many simpletons. We had people blow them up as they crossed the curb off of the car lot.
When actually read and determined, drive train warranty is generally only about 25 to 60 internally lubricated parts like crank shaft and rockers and axle gears.
Clutch and pressure plate falls into the consumables group as brake pads and rotors do.

But
Things change.

And
It's prreetttty hard to get a dealer to make you leave their lot..or pretty easy depending on the attitude you swing.
True, wear items are not warranty covered, and it was unclear what the issues were, but if a recall is issued on a clutch component (or brake component) the work is done regardless of warranty status.

And there are other clutch system components other than the pressure plate and disc that could certainly cause issues that should be covered by the drive train warranty,
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
Old 06-26-2022, 07:20 PM   #37

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #21919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Thor authorized a local tech for me and included warranty work ..good luck..dealers do not like warranty work.
In my cash thor and dealer spent weeks emailing each other pictures and other B.S. I got in the middle
Thor cannot perform or authorize a 3rd party to perform a Ford Recall. The subject of this post. It has to be performed by a Ford authorized technician.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:27 PM   #38

THOR #13932
https://www.chrysler-factory-warrant...rain-warranty/

Recalls trump all other contractual agreement.

Old 06-26-2022, 07:42 PM   #39
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
The OP has not returned to the thread so this thread is being closed.

Tags
ford e450 econoline, ford won't fix, recall