Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2020, 06:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
Hey Mr. Bob!!!

We finally made it to Disney. We in RV, son and all 4 grandkids in cabin. Locals I know say precautions really turn out to be no issue. Will keep you posted.

Old 09-13-2020, 06:48 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
. Have a "Disney-rific" good time!
Glad to see that the whole Covid issue isn't getting in the way of the fun!
Old 09-13-2020, 08:16 PM   #3

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Enjoy for sure

We made the trip about 10 times hitting all the parks over a week or so

Great place to spend time and have fun
Old 09-14-2020, 12:23 PM   #4

THOR #5313
Spent time in pool with 3 boys, 4, 6 and 11. Must have gone up waterslide stairs 20 times. Ate supper at take, same food as buffet. Less people seems off but otherwise the magic is still here. Staff excellent as always.

I tried to get reservations early Dec. Campground booked solid.

We are back in Jan at the very minimum.

Heading to Studios now, will update later.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:27 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Glad to hear that it's still a Magical place.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:30 PM   #6

THOR #5313
Is after 6 and we still in park. Waiting on last rollercoasted ride of day.

Overall the restrictions no more than minor annoyance. Parks still great, staff pleasant and happy we came. I have had 4 year lod tethered to me most day. Great fun!

PS - Take out food at campground is excellent.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:32 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860

We're going to re-schedule our trip.
Old 09-20-2020, 02:09 PM   #8

THOR #5313
We are home after 6 days. The covid restrictions deem to be nothing more than amnoyance. We had a great time and will be going back. Trips need to be planned and less spontaneous, but the staff were very cordial.

Wife disappointed some shops closed but that saved dough. The resistance ride was good and the Avatar flight is now my overall favorite.

To me is still excellent value. We had son/wife/4 kids in cabin and wife/dog/me in Thor Vegas. No issues at all. We are looking forward to next trip.
Old 09-20-2020, 02:15 PM   #9
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Glad to see that it's still the "Happiest Place on Earth"!
If Kathy's health permits: we will absolutely re-schedule our trip!

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1600611301
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cinderella-Castle-Refurbishment-Update-Magic-Kingdom-3-700x576.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	26210  
Old 09-20-2020, 05:48 PM   #10

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
THOR #1287
We were there the same weekend and were disappointed in Disney as we found Covid compliance by attendees a mixed bag and Disney was not actively enforcing their mask policies once you were inside the parks. Maybe I'm the only one who notices (or cares) but during our weekend stay approx 10-15% of adults wore masks, but lowered them below their nose after entering the park, making it moot. Most teens we saw complied but we found way too many youngsters with their masks below their chins. I understand mask issues for under 5's, but 9-12 year old's know better. Then I looked at their parents and many were also non-compliant mask wearers--we labeled them the below nosers. Disney did have regular announcements about wearing masks, but we never saw anyone approached about wearing masks or wearing them correctly. Reduced crowds make it easier to distance, but not always. Epcot probably has the most challenges because of Food & Wine. No issues with ride disinfecting, and hand wash and disinfecting stations were all over the parks. Overall, with the exception of Disney's apparent unwillingness to enforce their mask wearing policy once inside the parks, Disney did a lot to create a safe space. We stayed at our Beach Club timeshare, but have multiple reservations at Ft Wilderness (every other weekend) over the next 8 weeks. Should we notice any material changes I'll post it.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:03 PM   #11
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Thanks for this update. It sounds as if WDW was trying to do their part... but were hamstrung by their visitors!
Old 09-21-2020, 01:25 PM   #12

THOR #5313
I guess perceptions differ. We were there Monday through Friday, mask usage was vitualy 100%. My son was asked to swap his n95 mask due to vents. Was no issue as we had plenty of spares.

Even at Disney Springs on Wed night masks were everywhere.

The younger group was there again on Sat and son said they were just as strict there.

We did see groups off to the sides with no masks while eating. But with then 20 to 30 feet away risk is next to nothing.

Mask usage of 10 to 15% would have been immediately noticable.
Old 09-21-2020, 01:30 PM   #13
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1600695010
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mickey-Mouse-Wears-Face-Mask.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	26236  
Old 09-21-2020, 04:12 PM   #14

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
THOR #1287
It's in the details....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
I guess perceptions differ. We were there Monday through Friday, mask usage was vitualy 100%. My son was asked to swap his n95 mask due to vents. Was no issue as we had plenty of spares.

Even at Disney Springs on Wed night masks were everywhere.

The younger group was there again on Sat and son said they were just as strict there.

We did see groups off to the sides with no masks while eating. But with then 20 to 30 feet away risk is next to nothing.

Mask usage of 10 to 15% would have been immediately noticable.
Hey Muggs--
I don't think this is about perceptions , but rather what details you are looking for. Because I am responsible for my 95 year old mom (not her caretaker) I look to see that masks are worn correctly, not just that masks are worn. The same goes for social distancing. I agree that folks at outdoor tables and benches eating (so no masks) is not an issue; folks sipping their beer while they walk maskless "around the world" at Epcot is a problem (and against Disney covid policy). Disney sent me 4 different reminders of their covid policies and entrance requirements before our arrival date, including a clear description of the types of facemasks that were acceptable and what were not--no neck gaitors, no valves, no bandannas, must have three layers--and a statement on social distancing and that all eating and drinking must be done while stationary. Four times!

The other issue is that Disney typically has a different mix of crowds during the week and on weekends (when I usually go to the parks).

Right now Disney is great for returning Disney guests as you can actually ride all the rides at a park in a day. Some cafes, restaurants, shops, and Disney activities (park hopping, character meet and greet, shows, parades, fireworks) are unavailable and are missed even by us diehard Disney fans. No one in my extended family returned their annual passes; we intend to continue visiting Disney parks, follow all the Disney covid rules, and as safely as possible have a great time.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:47 PM   #15

THOR #5313
The only weekend experience was kids at Springs on Sat. Son said same focus on distancing as parks. You may be correct, weekends may not be as focused.

On Thursday at Epcot the lines for festival was same as other parts of park.

Since we are retired we avoid weekend busy times except for check in/out. Son did say Campgroung take out was much busier Friday than earlier in week.

We are back in Jan as of now. Still trying to get mid week reservation in early Dec.