Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Hooking up

Just got a new TV, and I can see a problem already. This one is a super crew, and I can't see the hitch in the bed of the truck. My old TV was an extended cab and I was able to see the hitch when I backed in to hook up.
Question is---what do you guys with the super crew do so you see the hitch while hooking up?

Old 12-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Lloyd untill I got use to it I put a yellow tape on the inside of the rear windo that was half way between the side of the windows. Than another in the center of the king pin. Than just liined them up when I backed up works for me Of course Hoover helped
Old 12-27-2012, 01:56 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

THOR #124
I might have to try that Frank. I guess I was imagining some type of a mirror mounted on the pin box, but you still would be able to see the pin.
I asked over on the CR forum, I'll see if there is any feed back over there.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:23 AM   #4
Site Team

Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
I have seen a lot of new units with mirrors on them for that purpose. I just do not have any luck with that stuff staying on with the glues I use. Every one else can use that same glue and it last, me I look at it and it falls apart
Old 12-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #5
I have a Ram 3500 Crew cab and. like you, wasn't able to see the hitch. My view was actually being blocked by the center head rest on the rear seat so I took it out and now have a good enough view of the hitch to line it up with the pin box.
There are those that install a back up camera and mount the camera in the lid of their bed box or in the cargo/stop light at the top of the cab.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

THOR #124
I went out and looked my TV over after your post about the center head rest. I have one also. I removed it, but still couldn't see the hitch. So I bought a telescoping metal pickup tool. Set that on the hitch, lined it up with center of pin box, and backed it right in. When the pin box hits hit, it just pushes it right off. One of the guys on the CR forum gave me this info. Glad he did to, I had to lower the hitch one hole which put it down farther yet.
All is good now.