Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2021, 01:45 AM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Decals gone from mine and I like itClick image for larger version

Name:	20210728_184514.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	32305

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:50 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Nice job
Old 07-29-2021, 02:16 AM   #23

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
So how long are people finding their decals last before they fade and crack?

I know it is function of Sun and what type of protectant but I would like to know how long have you gone before you said you had it?

How long does a Mfg think the customer should get if properly maintained?

Decals on my 2017 boat is 4 years old and one side is always in the sun but you can't tell the difference. (Boat has Cover but it does not cover the decals)

Decals on 2019 RV is 2 years old and look better than when new. (no cover and will never buy one)

If I get 7 years I am good.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 02:59 AM   #24

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
This is the second full summer for our 2020 Chateau. One paste wax last summer (brutal). After watching an outstanding YouTube comparison of ceramic coatings by Project Farm, I settled on this:
Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating
First scrubbed the roof using Dawn, used Totally Awesome on the tough spots (eliminate black streaks). DO NOT get that on clear coat... I know from experience! Be sure you rinse WELL.
Good thorough wash job on entire MH... then applied the Hybrid Solutions spray-on. Buff it with a microfiber towel, and it's slicker than any paste wax I've ever used! Supposed to be good for a year... especially like the claim of UV protection (vinyl decals). The shower skylight cover had yellowed considerably, but the Totally Awesome made it like new! I coated that with the ceramic coating also.

So the plan is to use this stuff every spring right out of "storage". Time will tell...
Old 07-29-2021, 03:22 AM   #25

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
This is the second full summer for our 2020 Chateau. One paste wax last summer (brutal). After watching an outstanding YouTube comparison of ceramic coatings by Project Farm, I settled on this:
Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating
First scrubbed the roof using Dawn, used Totally Awesome on the tough spots (eliminate black streaks). DO NOT get that on clear coat... I know from experience! Be sure you rinse WELL.
Good thorough wash job on entire MH... then applied the Hybrid Solutions spray-on. Buff it with a microfiber towel, and it's slicker than any paste wax I've ever used! Supposed to be good for a year... especially like the claim of UV protection (vinyl decals). The shower skylight cover had yellowed considerably, but the Totally Awesome made it like new! I coated that with the ceramic coating also.

So the plan is to use this stuff every spring right out of "storage". Time will tell...
The Turtle Was Hybrid Ceramic Spray has my attention if it can be used on the vinyl decals? I use the 303 on the Vinyl and it does a good job, but I have to do several times to keep it vibrant looking. But the real advantage would be if I could use a spray that actually protects the decals last at least twice as long as the 303 and allow me to no longer worry about getting my Mequiar's RV/Marine #56 wax any where close to the stickers. My experience is to NOT wax the decals, so this ceramic stuff could be as breakthrough.

I currently use Turtle Wax and Mequiar Spray cleaner wax to clean spots on the RV.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 07-29-2021, 05:18 AM   #26

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
The Turtle Was Hybrid Ceramic Spray has my attention if it can be used on the vinyl decals? I use the 303 on the Vinyl and it does a good job, but I have to do several times to keep it vibrant looking. But the real advantage would be if I could use a spray that actually protects the decals last at least twice as long as the 303 and allow me to no longer worry about getting my Mequiar's RV/Marine #56 wax any where close to the stickers. My experience is to NOT wax the decals, so this ceramic stuff could be as breakthrough.

I currently use Turtle Wax and Mequiar Spray cleaner wax to clean spots on the RV.
I use the 303 Protectant also... On about everything. Problem is - like you said - it doesn't last. I use it on anything rubber... especially the window seals. After a few good rains, it's nearly gone.

Do yourself a favor and watch the Project Farm YouTube video. You'll be hooked... this guy is awesome with his test setups! Also, I bought 2 of the ceramic ($15 each) at Walmart... Did the entire MH yesterday, the Wrangler today... and have only used 3/4 of one bottle!! And yes... it coats the vinyl decals great! Smooth as glass. I've got high hopes for this stuff...
Old 07-30-2021, 12:13 AM   #27

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
I use the 303 Protectant also... On about everything. Problem is - like you said - it doesn't last. I use it on anything rubber... especially the window seals. After a few good rains, it's nearly gone.

Do yourself a favor and watch the Project Farm YouTube video. You'll be hooked... this guy is awesome with his test setups! Also, I bought 2 of the ceramic ($15 each) at Walmart... Did the entire MH yesterday, the Wrangler today... and have only used 3/4 of one bottle!! And yes... it coats the vinyl decals great! Smooth as glass. I've got high hopes for this stuff...
So how long you been working for Turtle Wax in Ceramics Solution division

I watched the video and I get the buzz. No doubt it sold me over the other products. But I am fuddy duddy; so I take things slowly.

Few observation points

1. How does it handle UV, direct sunlight, I would love to see a test with leaves sitting on it, or bird droppings.
2. How does it shine, I wax all the time and look for the deep shine.
3. How would it work spot treating, I use Turtle wax cleaner today for touchups, and it blends well with my Meguiars Pure RV/Marine wax
4. I didn't see where it stated it was good for decals? I am sure it is better than nothing on decals, but as frequently as you have to add the 303, the 303 does work. A lot of people will wax their decals thinking they are doing good, but the wax can help accelerate the deterioration of a decal. If the bottle clearly stated decals I would feel better, but I would have to buy a bottle and test on sample decal, I could expose it in the sun to see what happens. My biggest beef with the 303 is going over the edge of the decal and trying to keep from waxing over the edge in reverse. If this stuff could be sprayed on decals it would get my interest because over spray would not be a factor. My fear is that it may not have the emulsifiers like 303 to keep the decal vibrant just a coating on top that eventually dries out
5. It would be interesting to what it does on a fiberglass roof. If I were to ever try it on my RV, that is likely where I would try first.

I will add this product to my Camp at Walmart list. The types of things that I may buy while camped overnight at a wal mart just because I like going to sleep with a current wal mart receipt in hand. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:26 AM   #28

State: New York
THOR #18343
Quote:
So how long are people finding their decals last before they fade and crack?

I know it is function of Sun and what type of protectant but I would like to know how long have you gone before you said you had it?

How long does a Mfg think the customer should get if properly maintained?

Decals on my 2017 boat is 4 years old and one side is always in the sun but you can't tell the difference. (Boat has Cover but it does not cover the decals)

Decals on 2019 RV is 2 years old and look better than when new. (no cover and will never buy one)

If I get 7 years I am good.
Honestly my 2018 MH has a couple bubbles in it! Disappointing…..
Old 08-01-2021, 04:16 AM   #29

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdpok View Post
Honestly my 2018 MH has a couple bubbles in it! Disappointing…..
I assume you mean bubbles in the decals? If so; go to a local decal shop, boat service center, or place that apply wraps etc. and they can get that air out and reseal so it looks new. May be some you tube videos so you can do yourself. If you do find a go 3M adhesive made specifically for decals.
Old 08-01-2021, 11:00 AM   #30

State: New York
THOR #18343
Quote:
I assume you mean bubbles in the decals? If so; go to a local decal shop, boat service center, or place that apply wraps etc. and they can get that air out and reseal so it looks new. May be some you tube videos so you can do yourself. If you do find a go 3M adhesive made specifically for decals.
Unfortunately I don’t think that will be possible, because the bubbles are on indented body lines.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:29 PM   #31

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdpok View Post
Unfortunately I don’t think that will be possible, because the bubbles are on indented body lines.
Would love to see a picture. Decal over an indent may not be a bubble? Also it sounds like strange location for a decals design, was it an OEM decal? It is amazing how many times you see the decals stop and restart just to avoid the indented locations. Nevertheless, it is easy fixed for the qualified. Go to a local decal shop, I am sure they see this stuff everyday. i.e. they may actually cut a gap into the decal where the indent meets and reseal. I am suggesting this trying to help, but noted I am in the blind with no visual making assumption that it bothers you to point of wanting it fixed?
Old 11-15-2021, 06:06 PM   #32

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Good article on Removing Decals

https://www.doityourselfrv.com - Remove Decals

Also an imbedded video:

Tags
decoration, exterior, ornamentation