Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2019, 09:48 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #12839
We've always lived in fire zones in SoCal so got use to having the RV ready as our emergency evacuation plan (works for pending earthquakes too) and as such we keep it fully stocked with clothes, meds and food (except perishables, we cycle many things through the RV that we use regular like chips, frozen meats, etc. so that our basics are always stocked). So we immediately wash clothes & linens and restock after any trip, try to top off with fuel before we get home, and drain/fill the water monthly to keep it fresh, which means the longest task before a trip is planning, grocery shopping and doing whatever cleaning desired before we roll out (1 day to 1 week of effort).

Old 05-27-2019, 12:23 AM   #42

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Mid March to Mid October, we would be well down the road in the time it took me to read this thread. Winter would take a little longer.
Mike
Old 05-27-2019, 05:01 AM   #43

Model: Aria 3901
State: Utah
THOR #11093
We are fortunate, our motor home is in our front yard in a garage. So about a week before we leave, I turn the refrigerator on and slowing start loading items, alone with any oil changes, tire checks and other maintenance. That way by the time our leave date approaches we’re ready.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:38 PM   #44

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #11380
The only diifference between HaRVey and my approach is that being on the coast of NC I'm in hurricane country.

After each trip I replenish the non-perishables and keep at least a week's worth of perishables (meats, etc) in the garage reefer. Then it's a matter of topping off the FW and grabbing what perishables I need. If it is an actually hurricane move then I definitely hook up the trailer (with trike) and add 6-5 gallon gas cans.

Can be gone is less than an hour.
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1
Calman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:57 PM   #45

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Time it takes to go

I usually leave basic clothes in the hm at all times. We just returned from a 5 week trip across the southern states from CA to Florida and back. Other than groceries, we usually get everything done in a couple of days. If we go for just a weekend trip, just a few hours since I keep the mh ready to go at all times. Just have to cool down the refrigerator.