Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2020, 11:31 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #20877
Outlets on battery power

I am a newbie and I am in the process of learning the rv. When I am hooked up to shore power everything works, when we were practicing boondocking, everything works except the outlets. I have checked the gfci and have a generator, but still no outlets!! Please help

Old 10-13-2020, 11:55 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
They limit where the power is going when you're operating just on 12 volt power. What you experienced is normal.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:56 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Oh! Welcome to the Forum also!
Old 10-14-2020, 12:23 AM   #24

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Welcome to the forum. If you are not on shore power, you will need your generator operating to get the 110 outlets to work. If you have either shore power or generator operating and still do not have 110 at the outlets then you might have tripped the GFCI outlet. They usually have one in the bathroom outlet and sometimes an additional one inside the coach or it could be inside an outside compartment to usually go to an outside kitchen or the outside TV.

Paul

Paul
Old 10-17-2020, 11:52 PM   #25

THOR #20877
Hi, I also was wondering if I can add a 3rd battery to the house batteries? Their is a 3rd slot for a battery soo? And I am using the correct deep cycle batteries, thanks!!
Old 10-18-2020, 12:01 AM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
I believe that as long as you hook them together correctly (positive to positive to positive, and negative to negative to negative): you're good to go!
Old 10-23-2020, 06:57 PM   #27

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Only if the are all 12 volts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I believe that as long as you hook them together correctly (positive to positive to positive, and negative to negative to negative): you're good to go!
Old 10-23-2020, 07:14 PM   #28

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa2675 View Post
Hi, I also was wondering if I can add a 3rd battery to the house batteries? Their is a 3rd slot for a battery soo? And I am using the correct deep cycle batteries, thanks!!
If they are all 12 volt. If the 2 you have are 6 volt then you'd need to buy 2 new ones, 2 wired in series & each pair wired parallel to equal 12 volts, 3 - 6 volts won't work.
It would be best to wait til the original batteries are due to be replaced so that you'd have 3 identical batteries, mixing 2 old batteries with 1 new one will only weaken the new one faster shortening it's lifespan.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 06:31 PM   #29
Cpd

State: New Hampshire
THOR #14097
does anyone know how to get the outside electrical outlets working? We have a thor fe30 freedom elite 2018 and went to plug something in and nothing. Help please?
Old 11-04-2020, 06:40 PM   #30

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpd View Post
does anyone know how to get the outside electrical outlets working? We have a thor fe30 freedom elite 2018 and went to plug something in and nothing. Help please?

An outside outlet will be on a GFCI. Either that particular outlet or downstream of another GF protected outlet. Start by checking the outlet in question for a reset button. If there isn’t one you might look in the bathroom to see if that is where the GF outlet is lurking. If that outlet works and you can’t find another you’ll have to do it the hard way. By checking the wiring until you find something disconnected or broken. If everything else in the coach is working properly you won’t have to look too far. Good luck.
Old 11-04-2020, 07:03 PM   #31
Cpd

State: New Hampshire
THOR #14097
Thank you so much. The bathroom one did it!