Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 11:10 PM   #81
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
...X 2...

Old 11-23-2019, 03:31 AM   #82

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24FE
State: Michigan
THOR #17140
Question reversal of acceptance

16ACE, thanks, that is EXACTLY the sort of thing I am looking for. I think my case is very similar. The dealer performed no receipt inspection, we had no PDI, just, 'heres your MH', sorry theres no plate, you'll have to wait for that. Drive it to son & DIL's house with a paper tag, and it sits while we wait for the plate, which comes about three weeks later. While at son's, we notice that the stabilzers don't hold their position with the slide out. We had several exceptionally heavy rains. Slide in and slide out, no leaks. Then, when DRIVING in the rain, we have standing water on the floor. We called the dealer immediately that evening. The wanted us to go to there nearest affilate ASAP. We were in Montana, and the closest place was north of Seattle. The next day, the slide sticks. Takes two people to open or close, one to push, the other to do the switch. No problem, I'm going to seattle anyway. In Seattle, the Dealer says we have 'loose or missing seals', and the slide has to come out of the machine and the driver side of coach must be rebuilt. Suggests we take it back to factory, says the slide is 'too tight' on the bottom.
When on the trip to Seattle, I found the trans doesn't upshift when told to. Found several other problems as we traveled. I think the water damage and bad trans are MORE than enough for reversal of acceptance, as Mr Lehto calls it.
Would you buy a camper you KNEW would have problems, because it wasn't sealed right ? Would you knowing buy a machine that didn't upshift when you told it to ? How is one supposed to find these issues without driving, when there is no inspection or test ? Do you think it is unreasonable to expect things to function ? LSG

Mrs and I are 61 & 58. The LSG tag refers to what I think of as the pinnacle of human acheivement, the 1967 427 SS Mustang. Nothing else mankind has done matches it.
Old 11-23-2019, 03:43 AM   #83

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateSixtiesGuy View Post

Mrs and I are 61 & 58. The LSG tag refers to what I think of as the pinnacle of human acheivement, the 1967 427 SS Mustang. Nothing else mankind has done matches it.
There is something wrong.
Your very confused about how things work and what things are.
Once again, get someone trusted involved in you life.

You're wrong about the paper license plate, you're wrong about 67 mustangs, you're wrong about giving the vehicle back, you're wrong about how payments work.

You haven't written a societal or legal or expected understanding in just about everything you've typed.

Either this is an entire yank, or you do need to seek help with life in general.

I'm sure not being mean here. I'm taking a risk for you.
Go tell someone you trust the things you're telling us.
Then take their advice.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:03 AM   #84

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateSixtiesGuy View Post
Would you buy a car you KNEW would have problems, because it wasn't sealed right ?
I bought my wife a brand new 2010 SRX that now has 145,000 miles. 2 months ago; we learned of a leak through the moonroof when left outside in the rain due to an issue with the seal. If I take this logic at heart, I will be at Sewell Cadillac 1st thing Monday morning and demand full refund. How could I have possibly known it would leak? I don't care how great Sewell Cadillac Customer Service is.... I don't have to give them a chance to fix. Had I known it would have had this problem I wouldn't have bought it; i.e. it did not rain the day we bought it. Because we always kept the car in the garage it would be hard to tell it may leak. If we were driving and it was raining; it wouldn't noticeably leak due to air flow being pushed over the roof. Worse there were other issues that we could not have known, the timing chain had to be replaced, check engine light would come on, and we wouldn't know why. We would have to pay $100s of dollars just to get that electronic light off so we could get it legally inspected so we could pay to get our registrations. Should I expect a full refund from Cadillac Dealership without regard to depreciation?

Obviously I hope you realize that while the issues on our car is true, I do not really expect a refund.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 11-23-2019, 04:15 AM   #85

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
To the OP. I seriously doubt there is a snowball's chance in Hades of returning a rig with what,(?) 7000 miles for refund. Unless you have deeper pockets than Thor taking this to court is a waste as well.
As you live in Michigan, close enough to Thor factory service to get the coach in and repaired right without driving thousands of miles cross country as others have had to do, make an appointment and get it fixed. Then take the hit and trade it in or sell it and move on! Get rid of the motorhome and get on with life its to short.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
Old 11-23-2019, 04:42 AM   #86

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Interesting read. I never heard of this.

https://performance.ford.com/enthusi...tang-myth.html

If you do in fact have such a Mustang you are a VERY rich man. No info at all about an SS version.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:05 PM   #87

Model: S.O.B.
State: Florida
THOR #14543
IMHO, somebody needs to take up stamp collecting or bird watching rather than RVing. Just sayin'....
Old 11-23-2019, 01:14 PM   #88

Model: Dynamax REV 24 RB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Isata is Dynamax which is Forest River. Quality on mine was below the Challenger and FR support was non-existent at that time.

Baloney.

The factory GM of Dynamax is active on the Dynamax forum. No other factory gives better support often times within hours.

Anyone can ho on the Dynamax forum to confirm this.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:17 PM   #89

Model: 22FE
THOR #5330
This thread should be retired!!!
Old 11-23-2019, 01:31 PM   #90

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Is it possible to report a thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmath View Post
This thread should be retired!!!
I am in agreement. At this junction, it is hard to believe the sincerity. I hope it wasn't originally intended as prank but may very have moved that way given 100% of respondents have gratuitously attempted to snudge him in a different direction for peace of mind.

Is it possible to report a thread? I see where you can report a post, vote on thread, & unsubscribe from thread; but do not see where you can report a thread. In my experience; threads like this with frustrations that linger will serve no good and only end bad for what usually are some very good posters.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 11-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #91
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
Ducky,
Any Mustang with that 427 IS special...
As is any original AC Cobra!