Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2017, 11:01 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: Wyoming
THOR #7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Hurricane can be 30 or 50 amp. One a/c 30 amp, two a/c's 50 amp.
ACE can be 30 or 50 too depending on ACs.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:03 PM   #22

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Wyoming
THOR #7482
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb34J View Post
Lots of differences. I have a 34j and did look at the Ace. I didn't like the smaller windshield. Also by the time you add the second ac unit a must have in Florida it's about the same price. With the 34j you get more bang for your buck with an outdoor kitchen, auto generator start a care free awning. Plus a much bigger motor home.
I wanted short so I took the ACE. I'm glad.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:41 AM   #23

Model: Ace 30.2
State: Washington
THOR #5063
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpecialtyScott View Post
I own the 34J and have a friend with the Ace 30.2. I don't have much to add beyond what has already been said. But it really does depend on you. We have 5 kids and need the extra space. But we are certainly envious of them when they are able to leave the campsite and drive into Yosemite Valley. Something we wouldn't dream of doing with our 34J. But when it is rainy outside, they become envious of us. If you really feel like you need the extra space, go with the hurricane and use a toad. If you don't need to space, go with the Ace and leave the toad at home. Or if you are going to have longer stays, I would also go with the Hurricane. If you are only planning on short weekend trips, I would suggest the ACE. Gas mileage is also significantly different. He get 13.5 and I get about 11 mpg.

I have an Ace and I would love to know how your friend gets 13 mpg. I have never got above 8 mpg.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:47 AM   #24
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace30.2 View Post
I have an Ace and I would love to know how your friend gets 13 mpg. I have never got above 8 mpg.
Yeah, my ACE 27.1 barely gets above 8 mpg. Me thinks someone is blowing smoke.................. or didn't pass third grade math.