Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2022, 01:45 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #3923
Hydraulic residue in the jack compartment

While inspecting my LCI hydraulic jack reservoir, which I haven't really looked at in a long time, I noticed that the bottom of the compartment had a thin film of oil on it. It wasn't fresh oil, so I'm assuming this is probably just "exhaust" from the hydraulic pump...but is this normal? It doesn't appear to be leaking any fluid.

Old 07-09-2022, 04:53 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
I had the same issue last summer. Found an oily residue in the compartment for the hydraulic pump. Cleaned the area and inspected all the lines from the pump to each jack. While sliding around under the coach, noticed the safe-t-plus had a fine coat of the same oily substance. I kept looking and found a drip of transmission fluid on one of the quick disconnects for the transmission cooler line. Fired up the and looked at the QD and sure enough it was leaking. Transmission fluid level was just above the line. Fluid was leaking and being sprayed under the coach while driving. Ordered the hose assembly from Fordparts.com and picked it up from the dealer a day or two later. It was an easy fix, once I got the plastic QD tool. The hardest part was adding back the trans fluid.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote