Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2022, 09:54 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
I like the 2022 Newmar King Aire

1. Newmar King Aire
To start off this list, we have the King Aire from Newmar. This is an impressive Class A motorhome that’s 45 feet long, so it’s one of the biggest on the market. The floor plans are designed to be comfortable and emulate a home-like feeling.

The default color scheme is a lovely mix of cream, gold, and warm wooden tones. Customers can choose between 4 interior decorating schemes as well as their choice of cabinetry. By mixing and matching, every buyer can create their perfect interior.

https://youtu.be/A4YPBrgkI2E

Old 02-18-2022, 10:15 PM   #2

Model: challenger
State: Alabama
THOR #21263
If your impressed by a newmar you should see a newell
Old 02-19-2022, 12:00 AM   #3

Brand: DRV
Model: Mobile Suites 36RSB3
State: Florida
THOR #17449
looked at one at the Tampa show. The wife went to open the dishwasher to check the size and the salesman went nuts saying she broke it as you are to clap or something to open it. We walked out so did another couple we made it known as leaving we would not buy any Newmar product as did the other couple.
Old 02-19-2022, 02:34 AM   #4

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanluc001 View Post
They start at ~ $1,5 million. We had a Newell parked next to us this summer. They were pulling a real Hummer toad. It was awesome!!!
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 03:27 AM   #5

THOR #20220
Newell amazing inside..I am saving up
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 03:31 AM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
If you’re so impressed buy it.
Old 02-19-2022, 04:06 AM   #7

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
If you’re so impressed buy it.
I am short 231k
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 10:55 AM   #8

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
I am short 231k
Folks often don't see the whole picture when owning a high dollar item like a motorhome or expensive car. There is a lot more to it than just buying the item and the yearly cost is way more than just making the payments. Besides the routine maintenance, which will be very high on a large diesel motorhome, there is the yearly cost of insurance. The insurance cost each year will be in the thousands of dollars. If you own an older diesel motorhome you may run into items like needing a new radiator at the cost of 4 to 5 thousand dollars and if that puppy is powered by a 600 HP diesel you could easily spend $10K on an engine repair. If you have deep pockets go for it but if you are like me and retired on a fix income then you had better take a close look at what the real cost will be. The wife and I have already had to scale back on some of our spending to keep the cash flow in a positive direction.
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 11:50 AM   #9

Model: 2019 Vegas 24.1
THOR #17456
Amazing!

It's always amazing when it's possible to buy an RV for no more than a beautiful home!!
Old 02-19-2022, 12:39 PM   #10

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by twovillagers View Post
It's always amazing when it's possible to buy an RV for no more than a beautiful home!!
True, and that has been the case for many, many years

With both houses and Motor Homes going up in cost i suspect that will remain true
Old 02-19-2022, 12:41 PM   #11

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
1. Newmar King Aire
To start off this list, we have the King Aire from Newmar. This is an impressive Class A motorhome that’s 45 feet long, so it’s one of the biggest on the market. The floor plans are designed to be comfortable and emulate a home-like feeling.

The default color scheme is a lovely mix of cream, gold, and warm wooden tones. Customers can choose between 4 interior decorating schemes as well as their choice of cabinetry. By mixing and matching, every buyer can create their perfect interior.

https://youtu.be/A4YPBrgkI2E
Did you pick up a side hustle pushing Newmars? I did look at a Baystar Sport. I just refuse to pay that much. For me it’s about having fun and new travel experiences. I can do that in my Freedom Traveler. I knew a couple once that spent so much on a diesel pusher coach that they couldn’t afford to travel in it.
Old 02-19-2022, 12:55 PM   #12

Model: SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #24580
Quote:
I am short 231k
Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 01:41 AM   #13

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
So we looked at the NEWMAR products parked in Key Largo over the holidays. Im starting to really like my 2021 model with analog everything. I like moving a switch manually and hearing things click. I like the manual thermostat little switch, i can turn it on back-handed from my dinette.

Maybe im old fashioned. Too many touch screen gadgets make me dizzy....

I like the ole fashioned THOR pwr panel, you push a switch and hear the ONAN 5000 crank up....
Old 02-22-2022, 04:08 AM   #14

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nodine View Post
Folks often don't see the whole picture when owning a high dollar item like a motorhome or expensive car. There is a lot more to it than just buying the item and the yearly cost is way more than just making the payments. Besides the routine maintenance, which will be very high on a large diesel motorhome, there is the yearly cost of insurance. The insurance cost each year will be in the thousands of dollars. If you own an older diesel motorhome you may run into items like needing a new radiator at the cost of 4 to 5 thousand dollars and if that puppy is powered by a 600 HP diesel you could easily spend $10K on an engine repair. If you have deep pockets go for it but if you are like me and retired on a fix income then you had better take a close look at what the real cost will be. The wife and I have already had to scale back on some of our spending to keep the cash flow in a positive direction.
If someone can buy a Newell( $1.5 million) pretty sure the operating costs would be no big deal. But you are correct in that the total operating costs should be part of the equation when one is spending leisure dollars.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 10:54 PM   #15

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
Ah someone just posted they got a 2022 ARIA 40.....
Old 04-02-2022, 11:51 PM   #16

THOR #25859
Newmar, Newell, Marathon, Ferrari, and Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanluc001 View Post
Marathon has a shop a few miles east on FL-52. I drive by there often and think about how nice it would be to be able to afford one…

My Daddy often asked me, “If you wish in one hand and {word that rhymes with ‘spit’} in the other, which one do you think will get full first?”

I’m content with my Windsport 35M, knowing there are lots of nicer RVs than ours and that our RV is nicer than lots of others.

Last time I gassed up a guy in a Ferrari pulls up in to the other side of the pump and I’m thinking, “I wonder what he paid for that…?” Then I realized it was probably worth about what I have into our MH.

I always wanted a Porsche 911—so when I could finally afford one, I bought a THOR Windsport 35M.

Kelly