Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2016, 06:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Illinois
THOR #3491
I pick up my ACE 29.3 in 2 hours!

I am picking up my ACE in two hours and I am soooo excited. Bringing the camcorder to record the orientation so I can watch it back. Hopefully I can pay attention and film at the same time. I feel better knowing you guys are out there if I don't ask something I need to know or if there is something I don't understand. At least there are two of us, which increases the likelihood we will be able to function after driving off the lot!

Old 04-04-2016, 06:40 PM   #2

State: Florida
THOR #1249
Welcome and congrats on your new unit. Make sure everything works as it supposed to...........everything. Good idea on video. Maybe a hatcam would get it all and not be a distraction.
We look forward to your reports and info.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:16 PM   #3

Model: ace 29.3
State: Virginia
THOR #3418
Good luck, we have had ours for close to a year now and love it.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:34 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 30q
State: Ontario
THOR #4175
So how was the event/

Jim
Old 05-30-2016, 06:43 PM   #5

State: Florida
THOR #3295
Take it out for a test run somewhere close to home. We did this and wrote down all the problems (leaky toilet, shower did not work, awning would not retract). Back to the dealer while still under warranty. Went to take it out again...prepping for trip the generator died and levelers broke. Back to the shop. Document everything.. dealer will try to get out of fixing it. Stay close to home until you have taken it out. Trust me. So far we have been nothing but disappointed with our new 2015 THOR ACE 29.3. Hope your luck is better.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:10 PM   #6

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE3263 View Post
Take it out for a test run somewhere close to home. We did this and wrote down all the problems (leaky toilet, shower did not work, awning would not retract). Back to the dealer while still under warranty. Went to take it out again...prepping for trip the generator died and levelers broke. Back to the shop. Document everything.. dealer will try to get out of fixing it. Stay close to home until you have taken it out. Trust me. So far we have been nothing but disappointed with our new 2015 THOR ACE 29.3. Hope your luck is better.
Wow! We recently took delivery of a 2016 ACE 29.3 and yes, we had to get a few things fixed but certainly not problems like yours! Keep us posted please.