Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2019, 11:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 37.4
State: New York
THOR #11044
Trip to Thor Motor Coach Factory Service Center

2018 Thor Palazzo 37.4

Monday-Left Jensen Beach, FL on 4/29/19 & drove to Walterboro, SC. Stayed in a Walmart parking lot off I95. Large lot and many RVs, travel trailers & truckers ended up staying.

Tuesday-MagneShade in Mocksville, NC to have shades installed on front & side windows. Wonderful company to deal with—owner came out while shades were being installed and offered pointers. Received a class about putting shades up & removing. Installation & class took between 2 and 3 hours.

Tuesday Afternoon-Continued on to Fort Chiswell RV Resort in Virginia (all pull thru spaces). Arrived about 4 pm & while setting up, discovered that levelers were not working, generator would not start. Called Thor & spoke with a tech named Tyler great Tech to talk to. Tried various solutions & nothing was working. Finally gave authorization to call a mobile RV technician. Stayed in RV without leveling.

Wednesday morning a technician from RV Doc LLC from Max Meadows, VA came to the resort. Started checking things out & just happened to open hood to look at generator. Knelt down & saw the main red wire (about ½” thick”) dragging on ground. The wire had been worn through & frayed thus cutting off power to the coach. The tech repaired the wire, tested everything & we were back on the road in less than 2 hours.

Wife opens refrigerator & asks why the light is not on! Pulled over at next rest area—NOTHING working (slides, outlets, stairs, etc). Operator ERROR—when tech shut power to coach in order to repair the main electrical wire, I did not turn the main power back on. Once I did that, good to go again.

Wednesday-Stayed at Blue Heron Service Plaza on Ohio Turnpike (I80). For $20 a night you get 50 amp power & then free dumping. Area is paved.

Thursday- Two hours to Elkhart IN—staying at Elkhart Campground (all pull thru spaces).
Raining & miserable.

Friday going to Freightliner for service and warranty work and staying through the weekend as we have an appointment at Thor on Monday morning for warranty work.

Will report late after my appointment with Thor and warranty work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0038.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	17050   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG9532741.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	17052  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0032.jpg