Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2017, 05:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29 Fe
State: North Carolina
THOR #7532
inverter

Can anyone tell me were the inverter is locate on a freedom elite I see the inverter panel is it behind or close to that panel

Old 11-14-2017, 05:57 PM   #2

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danford50 View Post
Can anyone tell me were the inverter is locate on a freedom elite I see the inverter panel is it behind or close to that panel
Danford50, I had this same question about a month ago and it seemed the answers were as varied as the number of RVs on the road. I was at my dealer for another issue and asked them. They didn't know, either, said it could be in any number of places, but walked me through what I should be seeing on the panel and when. I found out what I thought might be a problem really wasn't; it was normal operation. I just didn't know exactly how the inverter works. Once I got a good explanation (too bad I couldn't have gotten that during my PDI), it made perfect sense. I had been running my generator during travel to keep the fridge cold. Now I use the inverter instead and works great. It made our ride less noisy, too, and saved gas.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:11 AM   #3

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
If its a Xantrex inverter, I don't think the leads from the control panel to the inverter are more than two or three feet at the most. On mine the control panel is on the side of the cabinet to the left as you walk into the coach, the inverter, which in my case is an add-on, is in the storage bin behind the entry door, mounted on the forward wall. Having said that, I recall in other posts, Thor likes to put them under the bed, at least on some models. Some have complained about the fan noise.