Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2020, 09:27 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Florida
THOR #17950
We bought a travel trailer there in 2014. Very nice place and people. They had us stay in it overnight in their lot to learn what we didn't know and had a walk through the next day. That is the time to ask questions. Make sure you look it over good so that anything that needs to be repaired can be done by them before purchase.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:49 PM   #22

Brand: KZ RV
Model: Venture Stratus SR261VRL
State: Texas
THOR #7966
We've bought three new MHs from them and would not hesitate to do so again. In fact, I referred a friend to my salesman and he ending up purchasing his new MH from then with no regrets. Good luck to you and enjoy your new purchase.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:30 AM   #23

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Wishing you good luck on your experience with them. We go to that area see family often...and have killed some time walking their lots of lots !! They have been in business for many years.
Keep us posted !

Ron and Kay
I will give an update when we get back
Old 05-14-2020, 03:33 AM   #24

Model: XG 32 Omni
THOR #4243
Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions. I will make sure to give an update when get back home.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:59 PM   #25

THOR #17954
Lazy Days in Tampa FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
I will give an update when we get back

Seriously, I hope you have a good experience there. We live in Tampa and never thought our experience there would have been such a nightmare. We heard stories and should have listened. Best of luck
Old 05-14-2020, 01:08 PM   #26

Model: Outlaw 29T
THOR #18315
Have purchase 2 Motor Homes over the past few years. They are great!!
Dave
Thor Outlaw 37 GP
Old 05-14-2020, 01:09 PM   #27

Model: Challenger 37KT
THOR #13371
PS- since you're driving into Florida - we are in the middle of lovebug season. We just drove to St. Augustine last weekend and must have collected 3000 lovebugs on our rig. Florida locals use Bounce Fabric Softener Sheets - wet them down and they soften the "guts" off the glass & front end. Then follow up with a car wash solution. Just might want to pack in the rig before you leave.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:20 PM   #28

THOR #17954
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBiles View Post
Have purchase 2 Motor Homes over the past few years. They are great!!

Dave

Thor Outlaw 37 GP

Lucky !!!! Glad one of thousands of customers has been satisfied. No doubt Dave glad you have had success. As big as Lazy Days Tampa is, I'm sure there are more happy customers. But the reviews by YELP and BBB tell the story lived by the vast majority of their customers. Happy for you.
Old 05-15-2020, 12:44 AM   #29

Model: Miramar 33.5
THOR #6489
A few comments on your question.
November 2005 bought a class C Winnebago at the Tampa location, stayed a few days in their delivery "campground". Spent a day or two there after the purchase as they worked on correcting some items. Enjoyed Busch Gardens and other sites during the day while they worked on it and had it back on our pad by 5 PM so we could have a family dinner and spend the night.
Moving forward, traded that same Winnebago at their Lazydays location in Aurora, CO to pick up our 2017 Miramar 33.5. Didn't get that same attention to detail there as I did in Tampa in 2005. Due to needing to get back home because of work was unable to have NUMEROUS issues found upon routine use they failed to notice/correct getting the unit ready for delivery.
Hope this helps and welcome to the Forum.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:26 AM   #30

Model: Hurrican 35m
State: Georgia
THOR #18398
Hi, yes we purchased a 2018 Thor Class A, we have been very happy with their sales & service so far. Kevin Slane was our salesman
Old 05-15-2020, 02:31 AM   #31

THOR #17954
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdoc View Post
A few comments on your question.

November 2005 bought a class C Winnebago at the Tampa location, stayed a few days in their delivery "campground". Spent a day or two there after the purchase as they worked on correcting some items. Enjoyed Busch Gardens and other sites during the day while they worked on it and had it back on our pad by 5 PM so we could have a family dinner and spend the night.

Moving forward, traded that same Winnebago at their Lazydays location in Aurora, CO to pick up our 2017 Miramar 33.5. Didn't get that same attention to detail there as I did in Tampa in 2005. Due to needing to get back home because of work was unable to have NUMEROUS issues found upon routine use they failed to notice/correct getting the unit ready for delivery.

Hope this helps and welcome to the Forum.

Thanks for the welcome. Like many here who live in Tampa, when shopping RVs, Lazy Days is gigantic. Huge selection. The issue that the majority of Tampa area shoppers have had at Lazy Days is your needs are not a priority. There is no exceeds expectations. They don't even meet. The sales feature is your a number not a person. One good is their selection is far bigger than any competition. Price be a negotiator , know your wallet and true value of what your after. They will hose you believe it? They never loose money. It's a toy? And that's only the beginning every step after selection is worse. Especially if your unit needs service issues. Finance OMG. Anyways maybe all dealers in the RV industry have issues. Lazy Days your best bet stay away. Their 2019 customer rating 1 star. Most comments say 1 only cause you can't put down O.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:42 AM   #32

THOR #17954
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesmiths View Post
Hi, yes we purchased a 2018 Thor Class A, we have been very happy with their sales & service so far. Kevin Slane was our salesman

Fantastic, glad you had a good experience. Like I said they are huge and have thousands of customers. You luck out to be one of the few satisfied ones so far. I own a THOR 30.1. not the top of the line in the Claas A field but we love it. Let me know how it goes with them after sales? Especially if you have to go to service. God bless
Old 05-15-2020, 03:11 PM   #33

Model: Aria
State: North Carolina
THOR #13832
Lazydays

Please be careful, there are not the most honest people in the business.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:13 PM   #34

THOR #17954
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcintosh2808 View Post
Please be careful, that are not the most honest people in the business.

very very True
Old 05-17-2020, 06:18 PM   #35

THOR #17531
I did about 18 months back. Very good deal on a 2018 Sprinter Thor 24 FE.
The initial introduction to vehicle was poor especially since it was my first rv. Rv was great, some small issues took very long to correct, but eventually they made good on repairs needed. I give them a B- for a grade.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:42 PM   #36

THOR #17954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taijisteve View Post
I did about 18 months back. Very good deal on a 2018 Sprinter Thor 24 FE.

The initial introduction to vehicle was poor especially since it was my first rv. Rv was great, some small issues took very long to correct, but eventually they made good on repairs needed. I give them a B- for a grade.

terrific....B- is a great rating for LDs. The Sprinter 24 FE is a very nice RV. Glad you had a good experience. One of the few. It seems that overall pricing is not the gravest issue for them. A smart shopper can usually achieve a great to fair value. It's the whole Lazy Days experience that is the downfall. Then the service department nightmare's.
Thanks for the post. God bless
Old 05-19-2020, 11:49 AM   #37

THOR #17531
Good luck and happy RV-ing