Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2016, 05:20 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Left the new Motorhome at the dealer

Hopefully this won't be to long of a read but I'm sure it will.

Went to pick up the new motorhome, Hurricane 29M, from Mike Thompson RV in Fountain Valley, Ca. Purchased last weekend and I requested an upgraded front sway bar be added. Plus they had to clean and detail it.

Got to the dealership early 10am. Walk through was scheduled at 1100. First the outside. Everything looked good except for one decal on a compartment door. It had a small scratch/rip. I hate decals because they get old and peel but for the price of this mh all paint wasn't going to happen.

I checked under the mh to look at the sway bar. Looked Stock??? Asked Paul the salesman. He said they added a Safe-T-Plus. Look again and sure enough Safe-T--Plus installed. I'm very happy with that.

So inside we go. Here's where things got bad. Kind of. Not with the mh but with the tech doing the inspection. I had a checklist and told him we will be doing this for several hours. He says he has several more walk through that are scheduled. SO I go through two more techs and a Thor rep who was there to help answer question for the sales show they were having.

The wife and I found several small things that needed fixing. Techs call mechanics. Mechanics show up and say the salesman has to order. Salesman is out selling at the show.

So around 3:00, 5 hours later, wife is getting tired, hungry, im starting to get pissed that nothing is happening so I go inside and get the manager. Explain the problem and he's on it big time. Everything that was missing, handle and screws, table pole, window screens brought to the mh in minutes.

Manager is ordering a new decal for the compartment door, ordering a color pen to fix a couple small scratchers in the wood, and will either clean a pen mark on the drivers seat or have it reupholstered, which I would rather and hope can be cleaned.

The big problem is with the hand held remote camp start that is supposed to level the mh, open the slide and awning, and turn the outside light on. It wasn't working and needs to be reprogramed. Thor rep and a mechanic who seemed to know the remote well could not program it correctly.

Manager asked me to bring it back on Monday. Wife was very tired by now 4pm and refused to take it. She wants everything right. Manager called us an Uber driver, driving a new Mercedes suv and said he will deliver the mh to me on Tuesday once they get the remote programmed and working properly.

So I'm not happy that its still at the dealer but the Manager was awesome. The 3 techs tried to help but they were over booked. Overall I think the walk trough went well. Nothing major and I'm confident the manger will be true to his word and make everything right.

Hopefully it will be in the driveway on Tuesday and I can post some pics of my new toy.

Jerry

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:40 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
THOR #4158
Sounds like a long day for sure! Best to get things worked out now then later. Now the fun begins, loading, and of course buying all the "stuff" you need to make you comfortable. Happy Trails 😎
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 01:11 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Sorry to hear about the long day but it also sounds like you did the right thing by sticking to YOUR PDI list and making sure you covered everything in detail prior to delivery.

Hope to see some pics soon!
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:09 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 27K
THOR #2154
I don't know how far you are from the dealer, but in my case I'm fairly close. When the wife and I did the walkthrough (it was thorough), we made the list and reviewed it with the dealer. Agreed we would come back when they tell us the items are fixed and would sign the sale at that time.
It worked pretty well! Happy with the results after 2 years of use.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:39 AM   #5

THOR #3156
Got the call this afternoon that its ready to be picked. I'll be there around 10 to do the final walk through and take her home.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 07-21-2016, 03:32 AM   #6

THOR #3156
So I picked it up yesterday but had to bring it back The dash air condition was blowing hot air. They found an uncrimped wire crimp so the wire wasn't making a proper connect. Took the tech a few hours to find. Its blowing cold now and I'm happy.

A couple of outside pics are on my phone. Ill post them soon.

This weekend will be devoted to loading her up with gear.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 07-21-2016, 04:01 AM   #7

THOR #3156
FMCA # F464385
Old 07-21-2016, 04:39 AM   #8

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
Very nice looking motorhome.

Ken
Old 07-21-2016, 09:57 AM   #9

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
Now it's time to enjoy!! Happy trails.
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #10

Model: Tuscany 38sq
THOR #4598
Pick-up of Your New Motorhome

Hey halfprice, I live right around the corner, about 2 miles, from your dealer in Fountain Valley. Hope the dealer lives up to his promises and everything goes well with your new purchase. Please stay active on this forum and keep us apprised of how things are progressing with the new motorhome.

Sundance