Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2018, 04:56 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #12326
idk if its me or what but I just cant figure this pic thing out.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:46 AM   #22
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBaby!!! View Post
idk if its me or what but I just cant figure this pic thing out.

Are you using an app or PC?

If you are using a PC: When editing a post go to the "advanced" mode and then click on the "Manage Attachments" button under "Additional Options" (you may have to scroll down).

On the Manage Attachments popup you can select up to four image files (click one of the "Choose File" buttons and select the file). Once you've selected all the files you want press the Upload button. When that is finished uploading you can close the window (or repeat the process if you have more than 4 images).

Going back to the editor: Click on the paperclip icon and a menu will drop down showing a list of the files you've uploaded. Select the one you want to insert into your post at the cursor position. Repeat for all your other images.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:10 PM   #23

Model: Axis
THOR #11230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
I had installed early after purchase, a bigfoot leveling system on my Axis.
Hi Baddad53, looking for a system for my 25.2 Axis, CW is saying because of the low clearance i’m limited to only one type(forgot name) but wasn’t Bigfoot, we’re was your work done. Thanx
Old 08-25-2018, 08:46 PM   #24

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Colorado
THOR #6975
Bull’s-eye leveling system

I use the bull’s-eye leveling system it is very easy to install You do not rely on hydraulic pressure to hold the camper up. I have had problems getting the control unit because of a circuit board. I have installed manual switches until the circuitboard arrives . They are going to an in house circuit board so this should solve that problem . I think it is the best system out there because of not having to rely on hydraulic pressure and hoses . You will need to use the shorter jacks on the front because of a clearance problem with a crossmember . I installed mine myself and had no problems .
Old 08-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #25

THOR #11230
Thanx gatoeb, I’ll look into that system, just wished I was that mechanically inclined to do my own work.
Old 08-26-2018, 01:04 AM   #26

Model: Siesta
THOR #3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
To save "leggo" blocks,You only need to "ramp" the outside dual tire, and have block stack for both tires when parked/stationary.
In other words you have just a stack of Leggo's for the inside dual and the ramped stack for the outside dual tire..

Interesting - Never thought of that! I'm not sure I'll do this everytime I need to level the rear tires (dualies), but I'll certainly use it if I am low on blocks. I carry 3 sets of 10, but rarely use the 3rd set.

Dan K
Thor Siesta 24SA
Old 08-26-2018, 05:58 AM   #27

Model: Axis 25.3
THOR #2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
Hi Baddad53, looking for a system for my 25.2 Axis, CW is saying because of the low clearance i’m limited to only one type(forgot name) but wasn’t Bigfoot, we’re was your work done. Thanx
Sorry to say but consider the source...CW. I purchased mine at Quartzsite and had them installed in Yuma. I stayed camped at Marshalls home in an RV garage. Very nice. He did an excellent job and I have had them for two years no problem. I cut a hydraulic line redoing my sewer and Bigfoot sent the line the next day and I installed it - easy. I have the fully automatic system with individual units and fluid tanks, not a centrally located one feeding all the four units. He installed pretty long units in the front. And I have been at some really sloping places and it always levels. The front wheels have been pretty high off the ground but its very stable (short chassis length helps). So not sure what CW is talking about. The control panel was installed on the left side of the steering wheel under the windshield controller just above the side shelf. The control box is just in front of the side shelf and next to the parking brake pedal. No problem ever hitting it. I saw Marshall at Quartzsite last year and he and his wife was selling golf carts too.

link to my vendor: M & B RV Products | Lubricants, Fuel Boosters, Filters, Steering Stabilizers – Get More Out Of Your RV Its a 5-hour drive to Yuma from Ventura, but you may be closer. We always visit Algodones MX while we are there. Very safe place.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:10 PM   #28

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
I fitted 2 wind down scissor jacks on the chassis just in front of the door and behind the LPG tank the other side.
I get 7/8 inches of lift and they weren't expensive.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:23 PM   #29

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
BADDAD53- do you have pictures of your controler and where its installed? Its very confusing (What shelf?). Is your controller and pump mounted inside under your emergency brake? That cant be right. Or do you mean inside the storage compartment below the drivers seat?

Any pictures would be appreciated. Im looking into installing the Big Foot on my Axis myself. Thanks.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:35 PM   #30

THOR #12617
Levels n posting

I’m not sure if this is the right place but I have a question
About leveling a 25.3 foot 2018 Thor

Looking for easiest way either permanent or not.
Seniors need easy, n not tooooo expensive.

We are in Oceanside Ca
Please give names and cities when giving referrals

Thank you
And please direct if I posted in wrong place
Old 08-26-2018, 06:07 PM   #31

THOR #11230
WOW, thanx a million, I happen to drive thru Quartsize every 3 months fro treatments in Phoenix. Will definitely look into this ����
Old 08-27-2018, 01:28 AM   #32

THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
I’m not sure if this is the right place but I have a question
About leveling a 25.3 foot 2018 Thor

Looking for easiest way either permanent or not.
Seniors need easy, n not tooooo expensive.

We are in Oceanside Ca
Please give names and cities when giving referrals

Thank you
And please direct if I posted in wrong place
Good to hear from you. Looks like your new - welcome. I think your at the right place. Or you can create your own post (Tread) to ask for options for levelers. Most will refer you to this tread. You can use the search feature above and search this subject as well.

I think this Big Foot will be one of the best for a small RV like the Axis / Vegas which are based on the Ford E350 / E450 chassy (Like a C class). I have been researching for the past few weeks and I am about to pull the trigger after our Labor day trip. Big Foot only give you 30 days to test it out and return or see if your missing something so I want to give myself all the time I can. But it has a years warrantee for defects.

For the price IMO you can beat the "Big Foot Platinum" kit (go to their site). It should be easy for someone like me to install at home and realatively cheap to have installed locally if you need the help.

Any local shop should be able to install (IMO) - just call around and ask them. Look for "Speed shops" or "4x4 shops" - I would NOT take to Camping World and I think an RV shop would make you wait a week or two before they work you in.

I guess you can call in permerminate but since its bolt on (For extra $150) it can be removed in you desired (So best of both worlds).

Several members have installed on their Axis / Vegas models which Im assumed you have since you said "25.3".

Search around and ask all the question you can.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 08-28-2018, 12:30 AM   #33

Model: AXIS 24.1
State: New York
THOR #11302
Inexpensive Leveling System for my 2018 Thor AXIS 24.1

Just my 2 cents, there is an easy and cost effective way to level the RV and they fit very nicely in the side compartment below the outside TV. Just use 2X8 boards cut to different lengths, and stack them. Tried to upload photos but as I'm new at this could not figure that out yet. Provide your email and I will send photos.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:33 AM   #34

THOR #12231
True,

I used wooden blocks and the lego type for last year or so. But they can slide around while trying to use them (PITA). I have spent 30+ minutes with blocks and still off by an inch on one end or another and just gave up.

With the hydraulic levelers you just push a button or two and your done on "35 seconds" (According to Big Foot) but I say 2 or 3 minutes with the "manual system" they offer. You might have to carry a handfull of blocks for the real unlevel sites.

Plus you save the room the blocks take up (I have 5 sets of lego type block and used them ALL a few times under 3 wheels!). I like to slowly ramp up so im not having to "gun it" to get on top of the blocks then going over some!

As I get older the less I want to play around with the blocks and my wife rather I drive up on blocks and stack them as needed (she dont want to srew up the RV but its OK if I do - lol). So Im in and out of the driver set 10 times doing all of this on some of the non-paved camp sites that are real bad off.

Plus the jacks make the RV rock solid (no bounding around when you walk around the RV) which is nice.

But it does come a price. So its all a matter of what is important to the individual.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:10 AM   #35

Model: Axis 25.4
State: Tennessee
THOR #12170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
I have been researching for the past few weeks and I am about to pull the trigger after our Labor day trip. Big Foot only give you 30 days to test it out and return or see if your missing something so I want to give myself all the time I can. But it has a years warrantee for defects.
Let us know how it goes. There is probably not much difference from other models, but you are the only other one I've seen on the forum with a 25.4.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:15 AM   #36

THOR #12231
Ok, will do. Im trying to get psyched up now. Its a big job and I bet it will take me about 3 days by myself. The frames are pretty much the same on all these models excepted our is 27 foot long and the others were like 25 or 26 foot long long.

I always end up spending two hours trying to figure out where to mount, run hoses and wires, where to mount control panel etc. But im glad I do that way im happy with the locations and the finnished product.

I have a lot going on right now but I want to take advantage of the current sale at Big Foot. Plus BF only give you 30 days from purchase to see if your missing something or return it (Etc). So after Labor day weekend I will think about purchasing.

I wish I had some local help or a shop to work in. I dont think it will be tech hard but just time consumming and since work at a desk all day these big jobs wear me out. Lots of up and down under the rig.

I need a trained monkey to get me my tools. LOL.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:20 AM   #37

Model: Axis 25.4
State: Tennessee
THOR #12170
2015Axis, are you still happy with the Bullseye system?
Old 09-14-2018, 02:32 AM   #38

State: Alaska
THOR #5332
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark4Jesus View Post
2015Axis, are you still happy with the Bullseye system?
Yes very much so.. still working great. investment well worth it.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:22 AM   #39

THOR #11230
Hello, just read your post. Interested if you had the Big Foot system installed and if so were? I have the Axis and interested in installing on my coach also live pretty close to you in San Marcos Ca
Old 09-14-2018, 06:28 AM   #40

State: Alaska
THOR #5332
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
Hello, just read your post. Interested if you had the Big Foot system installed and if so were? I have the Axis and interested in installing on my coach also live pretty close to you in San Marcos Ca
I have the bullseye leveling system. I live in Wasilla Alaska.. I installed the system myself.