Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2017, 11:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #6919
Thor Axis King Conversion Bed 24.1 or 25.5 Bed Covers

Just purchased the 25.5 Axis 2017 and love it love it love it. There are not many to be found except in TX so many are only seeing them online but I found a 24.1 and a 25.5 together in le grange NC so I could compare and pick my beauty in one day at the same place! Took me about an hour of struggling but I chose the 25.5. Thought I had already fallen for the 24.1 with the dark cabinets but the 25.5 with the lighter cabinets won my hear and my husband's heart and our 3 little yorkies. Some had said that it would be difficult to access the bathroom if the king was made up if you had guests. True if you had guests which we are trying not to have.....but we have decided to use it as twin beds so there is so much more room. My questions is that the coverlets are really nice but has anyone with the 24.1 or the 25.5 purchased bed coverings for this beauty? I told my husband we should just use a sleeping bag but he wasn't too keen on that this being our very first camping experience in our life! I was thinking of using bunk sheets but I don't know????? This is all too new for me to figure out and our virgin trip is in three weeks to try it out....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! the beds are both 32 inches wide and one is 72 inches long and he other 69 I think. If you haven't considered the 25.5 please do, it has so much interior space, the pantry and the bathroom is luxurious!!!! You do lose the big pass through storage underneath but that's okay I'd rather have a bigger clothing closet...lol. THANKS!

Old 04-20-2017, 12:18 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
For our 24.1 we do a twin/king combination: twin fitted sheets with a king sheet on top. Just picked up elcheapo sheets and wasn't too worried that the fit wasn't exact.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:23 AM   #3

Model: 2015 vegas 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #1448
We have a 2015 24.1. Originally, we bought a sheet to use on the bed used as a king. It's 92" wide x76" long, so we bought a custom made sheet from Advanced Bedding. Sheets, Sheet Sets, Custom Sheets for Home, RV, Dorm, Hospital, Hotel, Adjustable Beds | Free Shipping | Advanced Bedding
It was a bit spendy

We have since began using a full size sheet & a twin sheet, so we can access the storage under the bed.
If you do use advanced bedding, they show you how to measure.

congratulations on your new motor home.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:18 PM   #4

Model: Siesta Sprinter 24SV
State: Arkansas
THOR #6932
We have a Siesta Sprinter 24sv which is essentially the same floorplan as the 25.5, although slightly smaller. Like you, we LOVE the layout! We just use the twin beds as a lounge, sleeping area. It seemed so much more spacious than other floorplans. I bought an inexpensive twin comforter set from Walmart to use for now. Haven't found anything that really fits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170420_093004.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	4649  
Old 04-20-2017, 07:38 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL-AR View Post
We have a Siesta Sprinter 24sv which is essentially the same floorplan as the 25.5, although slightly smaller. Like you, we LOVE the layout! We just use the twin beds as a lounge, sleeping area. It seemed so much more spacious than other floorplans. I bought an inexpensive twin comforter set from Walmart to use for now. Haven't found anything that really fits.

You are absolutely correct that when the twin beds can double as a lounge, it makes a compact motorhome that much more spacious. Only down side I see is having to make the beds every day (unless you go sleeping bag route) which seems a minor job for the added space.

I personally like the traffic flow in the 24.1 better, but would like it even more if the rear Twin/King beds could be converted to a lounge like on 25.5. I think Thor should make it an option on the 24.1.

For us the rear storage compartment in 24.1 needs to be even bigger.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:45 PM   #6

State: Indiana
THOR #4825
We have the 24.1 Vegas and we chose to use the twin beds and use sleeping bags. I went the twin sheets way the first few times but found the sleeping bags worked better for us. We don't need extra blankets and we just roll them up and place at the end of the bed. LOL Enjoy your new rig.
Connie
Vegas 2015
Indiana