Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2022, 11:06 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Minnesota
THOR #19714
Lights and fans came on by themselves

I'm wondering if anyone with the Firefly lights/control panel system has had this issue. We came back from a one-week vacation and were extremely surprised that several of the interior lights and one of the outside LED light bars of our parked, winterized RV were turned on. We know 100% that when we left they were off. The rig is plugged into 50A shore power for the winter.

Going into the rig to investigate, the two ceiling fans and the bath light were also on, as was the dry/blown-out water pump. To say that we were freaked out is an understatement! Every one of our grown children, the only ones with access to the keys for getting into the rig, said they were not in it while we were gone. Any thoughts on this mystery?

2020 Thor Miramar
27,000 miles

Old 12-05-2022, 12:31 AM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I have a ‘20 Magnitude SV34 and had some FireFly issues early on. The thermostats would call for cold and the circulating fans would run but the compressors would not. Or the compressors would start but the circulating fans would not run.

If I shut down the 12V to reboot the system, it would work normally for a bit but then the problem would occur again.

I contacted FireFly and we did some troubleshooting and ultimately they determined the G7 mainboard needed to be replaced. I documented everything and Thor had the dealer replace the board under warranty.

I have not had any issues since.
Old 12-05-2022, 03:37 PM   #3

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
You can also remove the main panel from the wall, unplug it for 1 minute and reconnect. It does a hard reset on the Firefly system...per customer service. This was an easy fix for a couple gremlins that got into mine a while back. The plug is in a really tight space on the back of the panel so be careful reconnecting it.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 04:18 PM   #4

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: Texas
THOR #25694
lights on buy them self

you might have a power surge while you were gone. do you have a surge protecter i would advise to get one.
Old 12-26-2022, 01:11 PM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by push toy View Post
you might have a power surge while you were gone. do you have a surge protecter i would advise to get one.
An EMS or Surge Protector is always a good suggestion but this is not likely since the lights are 12V circuitry.
Old 12-26-2022, 01:51 PM   #6

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: Texas
THOR #25694
lights go on

if he didnt have the battery switch on it would run on the converter so a surge would effect it i think
Old 03-25-2023, 06:21 PM   #7

State: Minnesota
THOR #19714
Quote:
Originally Posted by MirimarGuy2020 View Post
I'm wondering if anyone with the Firefly lights/control panel system has had this issue. We came back from a one-week vacation and were extremely surprised that several of the interior lights and one of the outside LED light bars of our parked, winterized RV were turned on. We know 100% that when we left they were off. The rig is plugged into 50A shore power for the winter.

Going into the rig to investigate, the two ceiling fans and the bath light were also on, as was the dry/blown-out water pump. To say that we were freaked out is an understatement! Every one of our grown children, the only ones with access to the keys for getting into the rig, said they were not in it while we were gone. Any thoughts on this mystery?

2020 Thor Miramar
27,000 miles
Looks like there is a recall on my FireFly G7 controller that Thor never mentioned to me. I'll call during the week and see how to get the update done. It sure looks like a clunky way to update the firmware. https://www.fireflyint.com/g7-update.

Tags
#lights