Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-18-2021, 08:34 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 37LS
State: Georgia
THOR #20610
Lippert Electronic Leveler in 2014 Outlaw 37LS

Having trouble with my LCI Electronic Leveler in my 2014 37LS. Trying to trouble shoot but cannot find the controller. Can anyone tell me where Thor locates the controller for the LCI in their units? I looked in all belly compartments but did not see it.

Old 10-18-2021, 08:39 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20808
Thor likes to hide it. In my Miramar they put a black cover over it on the underside of the floor deck in the storage compartment. The cover is to prevent damage from the contents I guess?

Good luck...
Old 10-18-2021, 09:30 PM   #3

THOR #20610
Thanks pneumatics - then I did find it but just did not know that was it because of the cover. Very helpful and greatly appreciated!!
Old 10-31-2021, 02:46 PM   #4

THOR #20610
Thought I would come back and post an update - this won't be brief but if it helps someone else it will be worth it. After working with LCI support (Ken was his name and I seemed to get him every time I called, and he was very helpful) and going through all the contact points with a multi-meter, we determined everything was connected and getting the voltage needed. He said he was stumped on why I was getting the "Please Wait" flash on initiation and then going away and the panel/LCD not powering on. He said, might be the control panel. New panel is $369 plus tax and shipping from Lippert. Expensive try if that is not the problem and because electronics - NOT RETURNABLE. So, went on Amazon and found one for $250 with free shipping as Prime member and returnable.
Got it - installed it and it was the problem. BUT - now I had to set the Zero Point (ZP) by running the Zero Point Calibration (ZPC). Like everything else I looked on Youtube and reviewed the Lippert manuals. Here is why I am posting this - the process was not as described in the manual or anywhere else I found it. All the information was a great guide but not how I actually got the ZP set - so I wanted to share in case this helps anyone. Maybe I should do a Youtube video too but I already got it recalibrated and do not want to start over.
Here are some important points:
- when they tell you to manually level the RV before starting the ZPC, and use a leveler on the floor to set it to level manually - that is a great tool BUT what I found is that is not how it works. What I found after about an hour of re-doing it over and over and still getting flashing lights indicating the "low point" is that what they mean by levelling is to level the RV based on the LCD readout on the control panel. In other words, what you have to do is level the RV so that the screen shows 0.0 degrees front to back and 0.0 degrees left to right. When I leveled the RV based on the leveler I used, the panel readout was still like +.03 degrees front to back. Once I adjusted manually to 0.0 degrees both for front to back and left to right, I was able to successfully run the ZPC and the unit operated (auto leveled) properly.
- After setting the ZP based on using the panel level readings, I looked at the leveler I used on the floor and although it was not perfectly level, it was very close and the LCI was operational, so I left it just like that.

- Here is the next very important (and frustrating til I figured it out) thing nobody told me in the manual or anywhere else. I would get the ZPC done and ZP set as indicated by the LCD read out and the green light in the middle of the directional arrows. Everything good - right? NO, when I turned the unit off and back on I was getting a flashing light on one or more of the directional arrows!! I would look at the level position on the panel and the 0.0 degrees was no longer 0.0. It's like the leveling did not "take" or "stick". I re-did the ZPC over and over to the same results. So after trial and error this is how I got it to "stick". Once you have the ZP set but successfully running the ZPC and no lights are flashing and the green center light on the directional arrows is lit - DO NOT TURN OF THE POWER to LCI leveler. RUN THE AUTOLEVEL and let the unit level. Then turn the LCI off while jacks are down and leveled. Then you can turn the LCI back on and retract all jacks as normal and the ZP setting should remain with 0.0 degrees in both directions. That is what worked for me and so far so good (no flashing lights and auto level is working fine)
So again, the instructions you will find say to level the RV using a leveler but my experience (and it does not state this in the LCI manual so how would you know) is you are levelling to the LCI leveler control unit to 0.0 degrees front to back and left to right!! Secondly, once ZP achieved and calibrated, go through an autolevel before turning the LCI off. Then turn it back on and retract all jacks as normal.

Hope this helps someone in the future - I welcome any further input, comments or different perceptions if any.

Thanks,