Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-29-2020, 05:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29 M Hurricane
State: Florida
THOR #14300
Grey Tank Connector

Yesterday went down to do a couple of chores on the RV. Looking under my galley sink I noticed the electrical control box cover was off exposing all the electrical connections. Doesn’t work well when it’s scotch taped on. As one thing leads to another after pulling the back and floor up in the cabinet I got a good look a the drain to the grey tank. The pvc connection to the tank was snapped off. The hardware that supports the pipe was missing screws and one of the brackets was just sitting loose on the floor. Part of the problem is the large number of hoses and electrical wiring that interfere with the connection when the slide operates. I was able to get it back together and now seems pretty solid. Wondering how others have tackled this. Hoping this is fix holds but there is a lot of pressure on that connection when the slide operates.

RecPro Recliners
Pilobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 12:10 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Michigan
THOR #17235
We have a 2020 29M and had some problems in the same area. Our electrical junction box had the cover properly attached but was located in the path of the gray water flex drain pipe such that the pipe would catch on the box every time the slide moved in and then after a significant amount of strain, jump up and over it. The drain pipe was not yet damaged and fortunately there was enough slack in the electrical wires to allow me to relocate the junction box away from the path of the pipe. I also had a couple of minor water leaks under the kitchen sink caused by loose fittings. It is a difficult area to access but it helped to remove the kitchen drawers, the back panel under the sink and the rubber flap cover under the slide. Long arms help too. The only reason I initially noticed the interference was that I was already working in that area to install another heat run to divert some of the excess heat going to the bedroom.
After I was done, having the kitchen drawers removed let me to watch how everything moved while operating the slide from the Firefly panel nearby. This enabled me to tweak everything for the smoothest operation.
-Ken
Old 01-02-2021, 12:35 AM   #3

Model: 29 M Hurricane
State: Florida
THOR #14300
Grey water galley sink connector ctor

Thanks for the response. I was able to take the back and floor of the sink cabinet and watch it operate. There sure is a lot of wiring and hoses to get caught on. I also have a nylon bag on top of the two rubber split seals. I’m assuming it’s to enclose that tangle of wires and hoses. It’s split and held together with Velcro. It’s an additional item to get caught on. I’m still contemplating going with a more flexible hose directly to the tank.
RecPro Recliners
Pilobob is offline   Reply With Quote