Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2020, 11:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #17900
Loss power to coach

does anyone know what would trip and I lost both AC and DC power to my coach it was in my driveway and was hooked up to shore power only running the power to charge my batteries. this is on a 2018 Class A Thor Hurricane.

Thank You
Pat

Old 01-24-2020, 11:43 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Well if your coach was in "store" mode (batteries disconnected) and the breakers in your house tripped on the circuit that the RV was plugged into then it would appear as a total loss of power in both AC and DC circuits.

The inside master breakers tripping in the same situation would also give the appearance that all power is gone.

Note that if you're trying to charge the batteries and plugged you should have the coach in "use" mode.

All of this is assuming that the Hurricane's have a store/use battery disconnect switch.

You may get a better response if you posted in the Thor Motor Coach | Class A, Class B+ & Class C Motorhomes forum instead of Admin and Announcements.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 12:40 AM   #3

THOR #17900
The Rv was plugged in and the Batteries were in the In Use mode the 110 breaker did not trip and the Batteries have power just loss both AC and DC power to the coach ? I checked the breakers on the control panel they are ok and the fuses look good.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:18 AM   #4

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPatrick View Post
The Rv was plugged in and the Batteries were in the In Use mode the 110 breaker did not trip and the Batteries have power just loss both AC and DC power to the coach ? I checked the breakers on the control panel they are ok and the fuses look good.
Need more info.

Did you measure voltage at shore power? You don't check fuses by looking. You use a meter. Forcefully turn off all breakers then back on.

You say 110 volt breaker. I'm assuming you are referring to the 50 amp 240 volt main breaker? It has nothing to do with the in use switch except it must be on to provide AC power to the converter to charge the battery to provide 12 volts to the lights and charge the batteries.

You say lost DC power. Do your lights work? Did you lose
all AC power or just some outlets. Does A/C work?

Check breakers on the inverter.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:56 PM   #5

THOR #17900
I'm going to go get a light tester to check the fuses today but I did loose both shore power & DC to the coach ? the batteries are good and they are not tripped either so I think I need to check fuses at the Converter.
Old 01-25-2020, 03:18 PM   #6

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Have you looked for and confirmed the "Bird" is not tripped? (Bi-directional Isolator Relay Delay (BIRD)
Old 01-25-2020, 03:33 PM   #7

THOR #15553
Start at the Shore power and work your way back thru EVERY joint to the main Breaker box. IN THE ORDER!
Old 01-25-2020, 03:47 PM   #8

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Also check the connections inside the Transfer Switch. If you lost 120V, eventually you will lose 12V.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:26 PM   #9

THOR #17900
I found out after some testing that the fuses were good what trip me up was that I was in the RV last week and it seemed like everything was good but what happened was the GFC outside went bad it did not trip the reset because I checked that and I checked the breaker to the house it was ok that led to my battery drain everything good now replaced the outlet and now I have Ac power again and charging up the coach batteries ---- Thanks for the Ideas
Old 02-02-2020, 04:45 AM   #10

THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPatrick View Post
I found out after some testing that the fuses were good what trip me up was that I was in the RV last week and it seemed like everything was good but what happened was the GFC outside went bad it did not trip the reset because I checked that and I checked the breaker to the house it was ok that led to my battery drain everything good now replaced the outlet and now I have Ac power again and charging up the coach batteries ---- Thanks for the Ideas
That would not have effected AC and DC but if you think everything is good that's all that matters.
Old 02-02-2020, 09:44 PM   #11

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Georgia
THOR #8078
Similar happened to me one time. I figured it out when I discovered my shore power plug was cold due to a tripped upstream GFCI plug in my house.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:00 AM   #12

THOR #17900
Sony Bluray DVD player

I tried to play my Sony Bluray DVD player this last weekend for the first time and could not get my Tv to play it I tried the different Sources HDMI 1 thru 3 and the rest of the sources and still would not come up on my Tv do you have to be on a certain channel I tried 1 thru 6 and no luck ? it was installed from the factory with a HDMI cable
Old 10-20-2020, 11:47 PM   #13

Model: Palazzo 33.2
THOR #8078
You're on the wrong thread here, but maybe I can help. Is your DVD player close to the TV or in a separate cabinet? The most likely problem is that the HDMI cable is not properly connected. Start at the DVD player and trace the cord all the way to the TV. If it is correctly connected, it may be a defective cable. Take the player out of the cabinet and hook it directly to the TV with a known good cable. If it plays, record the TV settings you used. Then replace the player and try the old HDMI cable. If it does not work the issue is the cable.
Old 10-20-2020, 11:57 PM   #14

THOR #4735
we lost all 120v shore power just today, after arriving home and realizing the 'Inverter' was actually providing our power.
I checked the outside 50amp breaker, it was not tripped.
I checked the inside 50amp main breaker, and all individual breakers, none tripped.
I even check the outside separate 200amp 'main' breaker, not tripped. What gives??

well, what gives was a total electrical outage in the are, restored about an hour later : )
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote